What's the weather like where you are?

madison

Hardly any sleep as it's too warm. Just had a butchers outside and it's sans cloud and clear blue sky. Going to be hot again. As i have said this is not normal for us Northern English. It's hot,sticky and uncomfortable. Seriously considering not to play golf today. I mean I wouldn't play golf in Spain in July. 

Start of Monsoon season in the Phoenix area today. I'd say it was a good start as although it was brief, we got a lot of rain in that brief time, along with strong winds, thunder and lightning.

screen_shot_2018-07-09_at_4_58.29_pm.thumb.png.f958bc6b0e4a61aff70911cb40fa794b.png

Edited by luvlz2

11 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Start of Monsoon season in the Phoenix area today. I'd say it was a good start as although it was brief, we got a lot of rain in that brief time, along with strong winds, thunder and lightning.

screen_shot_2018-07-09_at_4_58.29_pm.thumb.png.f958bc6b0e4a61aff70911cb40fa794b.png

Shit yeah, we lost a big Mesquite tree in the front yard of the house we are now renting in Glendale. Damn thing fell on the neighbors pick up truck and pretty much F'ed it up but good. Even though it is a rental I called a landscaper I know and his crew was out within 30 min, cut up and removed the tree so my neighbor would not have a massive tree on his truck. The wife came out and was very thankful, the husband, of which the truck belongs, never said a damn thing. He was actually pissed off at me because the tree fell on his stupid truck. Moron is too stupid and selfish to care that it was not me tree nor my house even though he knows we are renting.

Oh well, the wife is nice at least.

The Phoenix Metro area is stocked full of greedy idiots. The developers plant these damn Mesquite & Palo Verde trees because they are very fast growing, which is because they are not in fact trees but a very large desert bush. We trim them to look like trees which makes them very unstable in high winds plus their root system is very shallow as well. The combo is disastrous yet every city council signs off on the as-builds & plat submittals as they want that sweet tax income.

To all my fellow desert dwellers...just say no to the dreaded Mesquite and Palo Verde and instead say yes to the beloved Ash, Texas Ebony, or Desert Willow.

Rain, rain...glorious rain! I know my UK brethren make think me mad but us desert dwellers who have not had a drop in four months are dancing in the streets. YIPPEE!!!

Much needed downpours to moisten up our high country forests and low valley deserts in this horrible of fire seasons. Finally some relief.

Thank you Mother Nature

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Rain, rain...glorious rain! I know my UK brethren make think me mad but us desert dwellers who have not had a drop in four months are dancing in the streets. YIPPEE!!!

Much needed downpours to moisten up our high country forests and low valley deserts in this horrible of fire seasons. Finally some relief.

Thank you Mother Nature

Absolutely! The monsoon season is off to a good start. Absolutely enjoying the downpours we've gotten so far.

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

Thank you Mother Nature

No way man. We haven't had rain for 2 months and far from being a green and pleasant land, it's brown and dusty.

9 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

No way man. We haven't had rain for 2 months and far from being a green and pleasant land, it's brown and dusty.

Two months? That's outrageous...especially during Wimbledon season. It nearly always rains at least once during Wimbledon.

We had a perfect summer week, 28-31C, no humidity, nights cooled down to 12C.
But we have an awful drought. If we don't have rain today we are going to water the trees in the garden and in the street. The leaves are  falling like mid October from some of the trees.

Next week we are going to have a heat wave, 35 - 36 C (96F). I can't stand that. Especially when the nights don't cool down I feel very uncomfortable and miserable.

5 hours ago, LedZed66 said:
We had a perfect summer week, 28-31C, no humidity, nights cooled down to 12C.
But we have an awful drought. If we don't have rain today we are going to water the trees in the garden and in the street. The leaves are  falling like mid October from some of the trees.

Next week we are going to have a heat wave, 35 - 36 C (96F). I can't stand that. Especially when the nights don't cool down I feel very uncomfortable and miserable.

Same here too.:veryhot:

Thought the monsoon was gone but it came back a little this morning and we got some sprinkles which was nice, but that's over now as it's going to hit 117 this coming week, the real blistering heat.