What's the weather like where you are?

madison

Furnace Friday. The country burns whilst we await our first proper rain since May. I like the sunny weather but can do without this damn humidity. It's building I can tell you that. My head is throbbing and I feel dreadful. Only a matter of time before the light show begins.

Crazy Monsoon this past Friday night, thought I would open the doors for the rain and before I knew it a wind came and blew a picture off the wall and a sheet of rain shot in our place about six feet inside or something. Didn't flood us but did soak our hard floor about six feet in our place. Usually rain would never make it in, but the wind and rain was so strong it just blew right in and through. Only had to mop it up but it was amazing! Did flood outside pretty good, but it dries up fast out here.

Edited by luvlz2

• 4 weeks later...

I have close relatives that live in North & South Carolina, and Florida.  They take the time to always remind me how beautiful the weather is 'down there' every Winter, especially when a major snow event happens here.  So in the same spirit for once, I just wanted to point out that 90% of the time, a hurricane 'down there' means awesome late Summer/early Fall weather up here.  Instead of 8 days of stinging rain, sideways rain, and sand-filled salty rain, I get beautiful orange sunsets, colorful trees, and 70 degree windless weather to enjoy.

I sound like a shallow prick don't I ?  Please remember that come January.