What's the weather like where you are?

madison

The change of seasons is well underway in upstate NY. The leaves are turning on the Maples and I wonder how much snow we will get? I ran into my plowman at the store. Told him to send me a contract and I would think it over whether to pay the unlimited flat rate or by the visit. Last year he made out. Plowed me once.

It's quite nice ! . As a matter of fact I think I'm going to find a spot on my deck and crack open a Howe Sound nut brown ale or two :) . Hey Babs...whatchya say :beer:

Edited by ally

Raw and overcast today.

But the colors are becoming vibrant early this year, seems to me.

I will try to upload some New England foliage pics soon.

Not my favorite time of year now as the days get shorter and colder. But not too bad yet. I'm a Spring and Summer guy for sure.

Sounds good also for you Ally with the brown ale. Like my beer, but more into wine these days. I guess it fills me up a bit much at times. Hanging out on the deck and checking out the sky on a clear evening is one of my passions. Love it!!!

Edited by SuperDave

Not my favorite time of year now as the days get shorter and colder. But not too bad yet. I'm a Spring and Summer guy for sure.

Sounds good also for you Ally with the brown ale. Like my beer, but more into wine these days. I guess it fills me up a bit much at times. Hanging out on the deck and checking out the sky on a clear evening is one of my passions. Love it!!!

Hi SuperDave!

I get what you're saying. It's pitch black now by 730! I do love the colors a New England fall delivers, though, nothing like it anywhere else.

On a different note, a friend told me to try Smuttynose Pumpkin beer. Anybody tried it yet? If I drink beer, it's usually Peroni. Would welcome some feedback.

Cheers,

Hi SuperDave!

I get what you're saying. It's pitch black now by 730! I do love the colors a New England fall delivers, though, nothing like it anywhere else.

On a different note, a friend told me to try Smuttynose Pumpkin beer. Anybody tried it yet? If I drink beer, it's usually Peroni. Would welcome some feedback.

Cheers,

If I may put in a good word for Southern Tier Pumking - it's the best! Smuttynose is very good, but I'm partial to the Pumking. Southern Tier makes some wonderful beers.

And just ot keep this on topic - it's lovely outside tonight (I had to walk to the end of the driveway for the mail :) ). I hope it's this nice tomorrow when we're at the O's game.

Edited by ebk

I do like Peroni, but the flavored beers I tend to avoid. If you want a good beer, do you really need to add extra flavors to it? should stand on its' own! My faves are mostly on tap Guinness, Sierra Nevada and Stella. Had an unbelievable Stellla at a Country Club golf course about a month ago. On tap in an ice cold frosty mug. One of my favorite beers ever. It was so cold and good! Of course the free hot popcorn that accompanied it, didn't hurt either. Numerous rounds of the kernels with the beer kept things going well with a great finale to the day at the golf course. Having a great friendly bartender helped too. I was also on vacation that week,back in August.

I know. I'm saying too much, but just thought. I'd like to share this. Sorry, if overdone!

Edited by SuperDave

I do like Peroni, but the flavored beers I tend to avoid. If you want a good beer, do you really need to add extra flavors to it? should stand on its' own! My faves are mostly on tap Guinness, Sierra Nevada and Stella. Had an unbelievable Stellla at a Country Club golf course about a month ago. On tap in an ice cold frosty mug. One of my favorite beers ever. It was so cold and good! Of course the free hot popcorn that accompanied it, didn't hurt either. Numerous rounds of the kernels with the beer kept things going well with a great finale to the day at the golf course. Having a great friendly bartender helped too. I was also on vacation that week,back in August.

I know. I'm saying too much, but just thought. I'd like to share this. Sorry, if overdone!

Nope, not overdone at all. I love me some Guinness and Sierra Nevada. Stella is ok, not my fave.

My stepdad has the same opinion you do about beer...'who adds flavor or a blanking lime to their beer, for chrissake'! Haha

If I may put in a good word for Southern Tier Pumking - it's the best! Smuttynose is very good, but I'm partial to the Pumking. Southern Tier makes some wonderful beers.

And just ot keep this on topic - it's lovely outside tonight (I had to walk to the end of the driveway for the mail :) ). I hope it's this nice tomorrow when we're at the O's game.

Thank you, my dear. I will look for it!

I am not one to follow sports, except a little golf, but I hope your team wins!

:)

Peroni is an excellent lager and when it's a lager I want , it's usually the one I buy. More often than not though, I'll go for an ale. Howe Sound Brewery happens to be my local favorite and as per usual, it did not disappoint :lol:

Here in Cow Bay (Try and find that on a map!) Blue skies, warm day at 16 degrees at the moment (60 F for you young kids who don't know Fahrenheit). I see some nice white puffy clouds off in the distance. A great breeze coming off the ocean. I can see surfers on the water this morning

Edited by Charles J. White