The Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver Thread

Hand_Of_Omega_91

Anybody hear any updates about the possible reunion?  SAJ?  

Alright, don't tell Axl I told you guys but here's the deal...as it stands the official reunion announcement will be made next month (January 2016). Band will be comprised of Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard Fortus (guitar), Dizzy Reed (keys) and Frank Ferrer. They'll do several US & European dates in 2016 followed by a stadium tour in 2017 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction. 

Glad to here Sorum won't be on drums, never cared for his playing on Guns stuff.  Bummed out that Izzy won't be involved, not surprised though; he and Slash were so good together.

This.  Agree with you about Matt and Izzy.  Izzy wrote most of the songs.  He doesn't want anything to do with the circus that is GnR.  Adler isn't an option either, he's still too unstable.  So this is as good as it's gonna get.  Not sure I will take a chance on seeing them - it'll depend on the venue and ticket price, I guess.  Saw them a number of times before the break-up, got burned by Axl the last time, when they were touring with Metallica.  

Not sure I will take a chance on seeing them - it'll depend on the venue and ticket price, I guess.  Saw them a number of times before the break-up, got burned by Axl the last time, when they were touring with Metallica.  

I can't make any guarantees but the expectation is this will roll like a well-oiled machine. Slash and Duff have never been better - personally or professionally - and Axl has a proven track record over the past several years for taking care of business. Frank and Dizzy...those guys are pros. If this thing clicks the way it should we're in for one hell of a tour.  

Guns n Roses headlining Coachella 2016...asking for $3 million per gig...tix likely being $250-300...NO Izzy or Steven.

Thanks but NO THANKS. Axl started sounding like shit on the Use Your Illusion tour and without Izzy and Adler, the band loses its insouciant swagger. Glad I saw 'em when I did and, no doubt, they were great from 1986-90, but I have no interest in this go 'round.

^ That's a fucking joke!  What were the ticket prices before they decided to grace everyone with their presence?

Tickets for Coachella have been outrageous for a few years now. For the record, even Rolling Stones tix used to be reasonable once upon a time.

1989 Los Angeles Coliseum: Rolling Stones, Guns 'n' Roses, Living Colour...$35 a ticket.

Pink Floyd and the Eagles changed all that with their 1994 tours. Next thing you knew, bands were charging $100, $200 and up for tickets.

Tickets for Coachella have been outrageous for a few years now. For the record, even Rolling Stones tix used to be reasonable once upon a time.

1989 Los Angeles Coliseum: Rolling Stones, Guns 'n' Roses, Living Colour...$35 a ticket.

Pink Floyd and the Eagles changed all that with their 1994 tours. Next thing you knew, bands were charging $100, $200 and up for tickets.

I was at that 1989 Coliseum show, 2nd night. They almost didn't go on after nearly breaking up the night before, Axl stormed off the stage after singing Mr. Brownstone.  They played a really good set on the 2nd night though, Eric Clapton came on later during the Stones set; what a concert!

Just saw the teaser during the previews to Daddy's Home....I haven't seen GnR in a long, long time.... Last time I believe was the second Giants stadium show with Metallica and Faith no More...some of the best blotter  I've ever dropped I must saysay ;)

Not really shure how good this is going to be. The biggest concern is Axl's voice as mentioned earlier. I saw his last version of the band broadcast on Paladia not that long ago, & he didn't sounds that good.

I watched that same Palladia broadcast and it was utter shite. Even had me wistful for the days of Buckethead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2016 at 4:27 PM, The Rover 75 said:

Not really shure how good this is going to be. The biggest concern is Axl's voice as mentioned earlier. I saw his last version of the band broadcast on Paladia not that long ago, & he didn't sounds that good.

not sure what deluded little fantasy world you're living in but you're completely wrong. There was absolutely nothing wrong with GN'R, the blame lies entirely on Rock Fuel Media, who went online and trolled GNR and GNR management during the making of the bluray.  Fuck Rock Fuel, Kerry Asmussen and Barry Summers.

that being said, Appetite For Democracy charted at number one for over 10 weeks, including it's debut. Same can't be said for many other concert films, including Led Zeppelin's celebration day which debuted at number 9.

GN'R is set to take the world by storm this year, and no amount of whining or complaining by some delusional little fanboys on the internet crying and cutting about how Steven Adler won't be the full time drummer will change it.

N' for the record: Steven is lined up for a few guest spots, as is Izzy. What's Izzy's birthday? What's the first night of the tour?

B)

Edited by Axl Rose

10 hours ago, Axl Rose said:

not sure what deluded little fantasy world you're living in but you're completely wrong. There was absolutely nothing wrong with GN'R, the blame lies entirely on Rock Fuel Media, who went online and trolled GNR and GNR management during the making of the bluray.  Fuck Rock Fuel, Kerry Asmussen and Barry Summers.

that being said, Appetite For Democracy charted at number one for over 10 weeks, including it's debut. Same can't be said for many other concert films, including Led Zeppelin's celebration day which debuted at number 9.

GN'R is set to take the world by storm this year, and no amount of whining or complaining by some delusional little fanboys on the internet crying and cutting about how Steven Adler won't be the full time drummer will change it.

N' for the record: Steven is lined up for a few guest spots, as is Izzy. What's Izzy's birthday? What's the first night of the tour?

B)

I'm not a really big fan of the band, there are some album tracks which i really like, but at the end of the day, the singer of the band has to try and at least get on stage when the gig is expected to start. They actually played a gig in Halifax a number of years ago like maybe 2005 or 2006 or something like that, and I remember being really pissed because the gig started at like midnight or something stupid like that. I can't believe for 1 minute that Slash or Duff are going to hang around if they they start taking the stage 3 and 4 hours late - they have too much pride in what they do for those kinds of games.

On 27-1-2016 at 4:25 PM, Axl Rose said:

Appetite For Democracy charted at number one for over 10 weeks, including it's debut.

Never heard of that album, was it recorded by these guys who also brought us "Chinese Destruction" and "Incidentally use your Spaghetti" part 1&2 ?

On 1/27/2016 at 9:25 AM, Axl Rose said:

B)

You're obviously a big fan & that's fine. I don't know what Rock Fuel Media is nor do I care. I probably was listening to GNR long before you were, but I don't want to get into that discussion either, as it seems you are looking for some kind of debate.

You obviously think the world of that dvd, & that's fine. I'd suggest picking up a copy of Slash's Made in Stoke, a much tighter band & better singer, currently.

I know what I heard & saw on the Palladia cable channel, & that show featured a watered down band & mediocre vocals at best.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...