The Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver Thread

Hand_Of_Omega_91

ya know, I can answer all these posts.

1. The original members left the band. They weren't fired, except Steven Adler, but he was worthless anyway, so matter what anyone may think.

2. Axl was the driving force behind Guns n Roses. He wrote the lyrics. Ok. He is the singer. Ok. But most importantly, he pulled everything out of those guys. He inspired them, directed them, pushed them, and got what he wanted out of them. He is responsible for their success.

If anyone wants to know what the next GNR record was going to be, I recommend to buy the first Slash's Snakepit album. That was what Slash put forward to Axl. Go listen to it, and tell me if that would have been a great GNR album.

That would have destroyed the band, because it was terrible.

So you can blame Axl all you want, but you can't fault his integrity. The man just wants to come out with something that lives up to the legendary GNR name, and from what I have heard so far, he is succeeding, and if the album comes out, it will probably be the best album of the last 20 years.

Unfortunately, the Velver Revolver albums have been pretty mediocre and uninspiring.

No one likes change. I love GNR. I love the old band. However, I am openminded enough to understand what is going on, and I have to say Axl had made the right decisions.

1. The original members left the band. They weren't fired, except Steven Adler, but he was worthless anyway, so matter what anyone may think.

2. Axl was the driving force behind Guns n Roses. He wrote the lyrics. Ok. He is the singer. Ok. But most importantly, he pulled everything out of those guys. He inspired them, directed them, pushed them, and got what he wanted out of them. He is responsible for their success.

If anyone wants to know what the next GNR record was going to be, I recommend to buy the first Slash's Snakepit album. That was what Slash put forward to Axl. Go listen to it, and tell me if that would have been a great GNR album.

So you can blame Axl all you want, but you can't fault his integrity. The man just wants to come out with something that lives up to the legendary GNR name, and from what I have heard so far, he is succeeding, and if the album comes out, it will probably be the best album of the last 20 years.

Unfortunately, the Velver Revolver albums have been pretty mediocre and uninspiring.

No one likes change. I love GNR. I love the old band. However, I am openminded enough to understand what is going on, and I have to say Axl had made the right decisions.

THANK YOU

took the words right out of my mouth

You're a fool. Axl Rose was part of Guns. Slash would have found something sooner or later, had he not stumbled upon Izzy and Axl.

They were all part of what made Gn'R so great. Shit, even Steven Adler added a large part, just with Drumming alone.

That's right.

I said you were a fool, and stand by my remark. Steven Adler worthless? Pretty much everyone in that band, aside your boy Axl disagrees with you, and all have gone to state how much of a groove he brought.

second, Axl Rose was also the driving force behing the horn arrangments, and over-production behind the illusion albums. Axl was also responsible for the bloated live shows, insane amounts of money spending, and complete lack of care for fans.

The first Snakepit album had some solid rock songs, only Eric Singer single-handedly brought the sound down with his singing.

I've had countless arguments with you about Guns n' Roses, and everytime I have to put you in your place. Here's a good example... Slash and Duff were pretty much forced out, due to asinine contracts Axl was wanting him and Duff to sign. He essentially was forcing them to become hired hands, or backing musicians, as he was the sole owner of the name (which we all know how he got).

You don't give Izzy Stradlin enough credit. Izzy was the one Axl needed the most. Izzy wrote a lot of the Riffs you hear on Appetite, and lyrics as well. He left for the same reasons. It's kind of ironic that all members state that Axl was a dictator. Do you not believe them?

Read the Slash biography.

Edited by electricmage

Steven Adler was worthless. He is not a great drummer, nor did he contribute anything special. That's up to personal opinion, but a drummer is an easily replaceable component, especially in this case. Of course, when any original member leaves a band, there are people who have hard feelings over it. Don't make your hard feelings over this, and your resistance to change, make him look like such a great contributor in hindsight, cause he wasn't.

The Illusion albums were awesome, and so were the tours that followed. I guess you are one of those people that don't like any sort of evolution. I don't know about you, but for me and a lot of people, a band playing the same old material, the same old way, becomes a little boring after a short while. You are talking like the Illusion albums were a bad thing, and if you think that, then you are missing out on a whole lot.

I sure as hell don't see the Snakepit material being suited as the next part of Guns n Roses. If you think the material was suited for the next part of GNR, then that's your opinion. I am quite happy this didn't happen.

In your mind, you have put me in my place. That is hilarious. You are one of the most uninformed and ignorant people I have conversed with on this message board. I think that is clear for all to see. How about next time, you don't respond to me, because it is the same old story: I can never convince an idiot of anything.

When your band is a bunch of drug addicts, living wrecklessly, and failing to be responsible members, maybe you need to take matters into your own hands. I can't fault Axl. Besides, Axl is Guns n Roses anyway.

Izzy left because the band was full of drug addicts, and he was now clean and sober. It's probably not good to be around those kind of people when you have had addiction problems yourself. Besides, Izzy never wanted the fame or responsibility, and he hated touring.

My advice to you is to stop subscribing to propaganda, and stop basing your ideas off of it. Presenting propaganda as facts is a waste of time.

Edited by DRUNK

Steven Adler was worthless. He is not a great drummer, nor did he contribute anything special. That's up to personal opinion, but a drummer is an easily replaceable component, especially in this case. Of course, when any original member leaves a band, there are people who have hard feelings over it. Don't make your hard feelings over this, and your resistance to change, make him look like such a great contributor in hindsight, cause he wasn't.

The Illusion albums were awesome, and so were the tours that followed. I guess you are one of those people that don't like any sort of evolution. I don't know about you, but for me and a lot of people, a band playing the same old material, the same old way, becomes a little boring after a short while. You are talking like the Illusion albums were a bad thing, and if you think that, then you are missing out on a whole lot.

I sure as hell don't see the Snakepit material being suited as the next part of Guns n Roses. If you think the material was suited for the next part of GNR, then that's your opinion. I am quite happy this didn't happen.

In your mind, you have put me in my place. That is hilarious. You are one of the most uninformed and ignorant people I have conversed with on this message board. I think that is clear for all to see. How about next time, you don't respond to me, because it is the same old story: I can never convince an idiot of anything.

When your band is a bunch of drug addicts, living wrecklessly, and failing to be responsible members, maybe you need to take matters into your own hands. I can't fault Axl. Besides, Axl is Guns n Roses anyway.

Izzy left because the band was full of drug addicts, and he was now clean and sober. It's probably not good to be around those kind of people when you have had addiction problems yourself. Besides, Izzy never wanted the fame or responsibility, and he hated touring.

My advice to you is to stop subscribing to propaganda, and stop basing your ideas off of it. Presenting propaganda as facts is a waste of time.

Drummers easily replaceable? And you know this how? By playing guitar for how many months? You've pretty much insulted all drummers with your stupid comment. And you say I'm ignorant?

And yes, you need to get your facts straight. You don't know a damn thing about Guns n' Roses and it clearly shows.

Izzy left the band for two reasons, he felt that he was dictated to on a serious level, and yes, the drugs and alcohol did play their part.

I'm uninformed? Seriously dude, look in the mirror. I'll blow you out of the water when it comes to Gn'R knowledge. Do you know what propaganda is? I'm a firm believer that hearing the same thing from Duff, Izzy and Slash about Axl Rose clearly outlines what the situation was really like.

Also, If you ever run into Duff or Slash, ask them how easy it was to replace Steven Adler.

Edited by electricmage

Drummers easily replaceable? And you know this how? By playing guitar for how many months? You've pretty much insulted all drummers with your stupid comment. And you say I'm ignorant?

And yes, you need to get your facts straight. You don't know a damn thing about Guns n' Roses and it clearly shows.

Izzy left the band for two reasons, he felt that he was dictated to on a serious level, and yes, the drugs and alcohol did play their part.

I'm uninformed? Seriously dude, look in the mirror. I'll blow you out of the water when it comes to Gn'R knowledge. Do you know what propaganda is? I'm a firm believer that hearing the same thing from Duff, Izzy and Slash about Axl Rose clearly outlines what the situation was really like.

Also, If you ever run into Duff or Slash, ask them how easy it was to replace Steven Adler.

Steven Adler was replaceable. In fact, he was pretty easily replaceable. Matt Sorum came in and learned everything rather quickly. Out played him actually when it came time to tour.

I know everything about GNR. If someone owns every single magazine interview, or magazine featuring something about GNR in it, and owns everything put out by the band, and owns or has read and re read everything ever put out by the band or about the band, then I guess that person might know just about everything. Obviously, you can't claim this with a straight face because your comments have shown that you indeed don't know much about GNR. I guess for you, knowing everything about GNR is watching VH1's Behind The Musics.

Izzy did feel dictated too, but then again when a component doesn't want to tour, and puts no effort into the performance, and the band feels he isn't earning his share of the revenue, then I can see where he might be dictated to, and I can see why he wouldn't be happy with it.

Just cause 3 guys agree on some stuff, doesn't make it true. They have contradicted themselves and have also been quite two faced. The only person who has been consistent and makes sense is Axl Rose.

Axl Rose = Guns N' Roses

you can listen to the media and mtv all you want. but the plain and simple fact is the axl rose is guns n' roses. he started the band.

fuck $lash.

he might be a good guitar player but he is a piece of shit in real life spinning shit around to the press about axl and talking shit.

I agree that Axl is what really made up the essence of GnR. His ego is what drove the whole ship. Not to say the others didn't step up when it came to time to massage Axl's ego with great albums.

But the other guys are a huge part. It's not like Axl was writin their parts. He was makin sure the album sounded just like he wanted.

Slash has one of the most recognizable sounds, and thats sayin somethin, since it's mostly real basic stuff.

Izzy gets overshadowed so much, but he wrote tons of riffs, and played the more lead-y parts on those riffs.

Duff just brought the attitude

The drummer for them was always replacable, as it was usually really basic stuff.

I agree that Axl is what really made up the essence of GnR. His ego is what drove the whole ship. Not to say the others didn't step up when it came to time to massage Axl's ego with great albums.

But the other guys are a huge part. It's not like Axl was writin their parts. He was makin sure the album sounded just like he wanted.

Slash has one of the most recognizable sounds, and thats sayin somethin, since it's mostly real basic stuff.

Izzy gets overshadowed so much, but he wrote tons of riffs, and played the more lead-y parts on those riffs.

The drummer for them was always replacable, as it was usually really basic stuff.

You are mostly right actually.

But I'll disagree with the Duff stuff. Duff was a punk rocker, but Duff is one of the most laid back, cool people you'll ever meet. Axl was the storm. He is pure attitude.

The thing with Axl is that people either love him or hate him. Same with his voice. But, no one can deny, he is the coolest, most badass, and most brilliant mofo's ever.

The people that hate him, still have to talk about him, years and years later, because even they are intrigued and obsessed with the man. They can't let him go.

Axl Rose might become the greatest frontman ever. If he delivers, I think that will be confirmed.

Steven Adler was replaceable. In fact, he was pretty easily replaceable. Matt Sorum came in and learned everything rather quickly. Out played him actually when it came time to tour.

I know everything about GNR. If someone owns every single magazine interview, or magazine featuring something about GNR in it, and owns everything put out by the band, and owns or has read and re read everything ever put out by the band or about the band, then I guess that person might know just about everything. Obviously, you can't claim this with a straight face because your comments have shown that you indeed don't know much about GNR. I guess for you, knowing everything about GNR is watching VH1's Behind The Musics.

Izzy did feel dictated too, but then again when a component doesn't want to tour, and puts no effort into the performance, and the band feels he isn't earning his share of the revenue, then I can see where he might be dictated to, and I can see why he wouldn't be happy with it.

Just cause 3 guys agree on some stuff, doesn't make it true. They have contradicted themselves and have also been quite two faced. The only person who has been consistent and makes sense is Axl Rose.

Here we go... you don't know a damn thing. Why do you bother to comment, when the people who were there living it, said that they had a hard time, a very hard time replacing Steven Adler. You know nothing of making music. Shit, I remember a topic you started, about wanting to learn the guitar, several months ago. You don't have any idea what a drummer brings to the table. Because you don't know a thing about drumming.

You don't know anything about Gn'R, I remember a few other topics, one on the old board for example, where you started conversation about Gn'R. And yes, I own numerous magazines, and completed Slash's book (Didn't hear anyone inside the band denying anything against his book)

Axl Rose is not consistent, simply because he refuses to comment on anything.

Izzy Stradlin never said anything about the touring process. He was tired of Axl Rose's shit, and the drug usage. Flying was also an issue. Izzy had quit the band, pre- Slash, numerous times before due to Axl audtioning new people w/o Izzy's consent.

You are wrong. Izzy laid down basic scratch tracks, and that was it. He wasn't involved in any lead playing, save a few solo intros.

Axl brought way more attitude then Duff. How you came to that conclusion is beyond me.

Again, it's been said on numerous occasions that Steven brought a better feel, over Sorum, by the guy who was in charge of finding replacement players (Slash).

In case you and Drunk didn't know, Slash was in charge of finding Izzy's replacement, and Steven Adlers as well.

Suppossedly, Axl is now taking his meds and so has his shit together. In the past, yes he was an ass. The man has been arrested so many times for his belligerant behavoir it isnt funny. Moving on to "Chinese Democracy", the album is all over the internet in bits and pieces. I've listened to several songs and its not bad. I really like "Madagascar" which has an epic sweep to it. Axl's voice sounds terrific. He may not be a likeable person but he can write good songs.

Sorry DRUNK, a great frontman doesn't diss his fans like Axl has done many times. If you know so much about him, you know how often he just doesn't show up. Greatest loser ever IMO. Make that a big IF.

is that your opinion or did you copy and paste that from some article you read on the internet.

how does axl diss his fans ?

by showing up late ?

by doing the same fucking thing he has been doing for over 20 years ?

get over it !

so ignorant and naive. go back to your blabbermouth.net or mtv.com and follow the anti-axl trend that seems to be going on.

dont even try to argue with me about this. i know the facts.

Edited by MistyMountain67

is that your opinion or did you copy and paste that from some article you read on the internet.

how does axl diss his fans ?

by showing up late ?

by doing the same fucking thing he has been doing for over 20 years ?

get over it !

so ignorant and naive. go back to your blabbermouth.net or mtv.com and follow the anti-axl trend that seems to be going on.

dont even try to argue with me about this. i know the facts.

Another Axl Rose ball licker... What was the point of this post? Like Axl didn't shit on his fans? Axl has been known to go on three hours after the opening act was done. Are you denying that he ever did something like this?

And you are dead wrong. Axl didn't start going on late until 90 or so. When they were touring the Illusions albums. Maybe even as late as 91. When the tours were at their biggest.

Edited by electricmage

Jeez. Who could actually listen to a Raghead like Axil. I say put some 90 weight on his arse and ship him elsewhere.

zepbaby

Like where, Britain?

I personally like Axl as a frontman, aside from the bullshit he pulled/pulls on occasion. He stuck up for a fan getting his ass beat by security once, and had the security guard ejected.

What I don't like, is people not knowing what the fuck they are talking about, and considering Axl, gods gift to Rock n' Roll.

In my opinion, he was one of the best around. But he did pretty much kill his band with his antics and he still doesn't know what he had as a band, as far as Slash and co. goes.

Like where, Britain?

I personally like Axl as a frontman, aside from the bullshit he pulled/pulls on occasion. He stuck up for a fan getting his ass beat by security once, and had the security guard ejected.

What I don't like, is people not knowing what the fuck they are talking about, and considering Axl, gods gift to Rock n' Roll.

In my opinion, he was one of the best around. But he did pretty much kill his band with his antics and he still doesn't know what he had as a band, as far as Slash and co. goes.

Siberia. The U.K. would send him back. Slash rocks. I believe you said it better than I. I owned a GnR CD many moons ago. I put it on my neighbors Jeep Cherokee aerial. They make interesting gifts they way they whip around before they fly off and break into bits and bobs.

zepbaby

Axl goes on late sometimes. Big deal. He puts on the best show. It's worth the wait. And if it means anything, the shows I have seen, the band came out on time.

It's not easy preparing to give your all in front of 20,000 people every night.

Yeah, I had tickets for that show too. I never ended up going for other reasons.

No one knows what really happened with that show, so it impossible to say if it was even possible to cancel earlier.

Bottomline is that if you are a GNR fan, you know what you are getting into. If you are surprised when things like this happen, then that's your problem.

The truth remains that people would rather take the risk of seeing GNR than not trying to see GNR.

• 3 weeks later...

axl130_590319w.jpg

Guns N' Roses finish 'Chinese Democracy' album

Axl Rose has finally delivered the album to his record label

Apr 10, 2008

Guns N Roses have reportedly finished work on 'Chinese Democracy', the album that Axl Rose has been working on for the past 14 years.

Therockradio.com reports that Geffen Records, the band's record label, have confirmed they have received a finished copy of the album, and are currently haggling over money and rights issues with Rose.

The album is reported to have cost in excess of $13million (£6.5million) to produce.

As previously reported, it is rumoured that a Guns N' Roses reality TV show is set to be broadcast to coincide with the release of the album.

NME article