Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hand_Of_Omega_91

The Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver Thread

Recommended Posts

Sorry I missed these guys on this trek.  The video footage looked pretty good, actually.  I saw them back in the day co-headlining with Metallica.  That's when G n' R would hit the stage at midnight.  Crazy times, but good shows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw em in 88' at the Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix. I had the chance to see them their first time out at the Mason Jar in 87' but I blew that, talk about regrets. On the positive side I did see them in a pretty small venue as Celebrity Theatre only holds 2,650 people and I had third row tickets. Sweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Saw em in 88' at the Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix. I had the chance to see them their first time out at the Mason Jar in 87' but I blew that, talk about regrets. On the positive side I did see them in a pretty small venue as Celebrity Theatre only holds 2,650 people and I had third row tickets. Sweet.

Count your blessings you saw 'em when you did. 1985-1990 was their prime. Everything after was damaged goods.

Funny how things have come full-circle.  G 'n' R opened for the Cult back in 1987 and this year the Cult returned the favour. My how time flies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Strider said:

Count your blessings you saw 'em when you did. 1985-1990 was their prime. Everything after was damaged goods.

Funny how things have come full-circle.  G 'n' R opened for the Cult back in 1987 and this year the Cult returned the favour. My how time flies.

Ah yes The Cult, another excellent band with conflict resolution issues. Can't we all just...get along?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first performance in Japan by the reunited members in nearly 25 years will happen tonight in OSAKA!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Guns n Roses. Everybody likes their music. November Rain is my fave track. But i just do not like Axl. It is pathetic how they could not even get together and accept awards etc. He seemed to fall out with everyone. Then he goes and slots right in to guest for AC/DC. Because he was such a, Best not say. It just stopped me really liking them more.

Edited by craigled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, craigled said:

I really like Guns n Roses. Everybody likes their music. November Rain is my fave track. But i just do not like Axl. It is pathetic how they could not even get together and accept awards etc. He seemed to fall out with everyone. Then he goes and slots right in to guest for AC/DC. Because he was such a, Best not say. It just stopped me really liking them more.

Well, at the time Axl & Slash were barely speaking and Axl was avoiding Stephen at all costs. He doesn't have any baggage with the guys in AC/DC, so joining them for several months came together rather quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, craigled said:

I really like Guns n Roses. Everybody likes their music. November Rain is my fave track. But i just do not like Axl. It is pathetic how they could not even get together and accept awards etc. He seemed to fall out with everyone. Then he goes and slots right in to guest for AC/DC. Because he was such a, Best not say. It just stopped me really liking them more.

Well, at the time Axl & Slash were barely speaking and Axl was avoiding Stephen at all costs. He doesn't have any baggage with the guys in AC/DC, so joining them for several months came together rather quickly. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, craigled said:

I really like Guns n Roses. Everybody likes their music. November Rain is my fave track. But i just do not like Axl. It is pathetic how they could not even get together and accept awards etc. He seemed to fall out with everyone. Then he goes and slots right in to guest for AC/DC. Because he was such a, Best not say. It just stopped me really liking them more.

Well, at the time Axl & Slash were barely speaking and Axl was avoiding Stephen at all costs. He doesn't have any baggage with the guys in AC/DC, so joining them for several months came together rather quickly. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guns n Roses have annoyed fans at a concert by not knowing what City they were in. And by being late. Nothing changes there then. Brilliant artists. They act like total Muppets. That has stopped me really,really liking them tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2017 at 7:03 AM, craigled said:

Guns n Roses have annoyed fans at a concert by not knowing what City they were in. And by being late. Nothing changes there then. Brilliant artists. They act like total Muppets. That has stopped me really,really liking them tbh.

Saw em in ‘93 in Manchester UK. Came on three hours late and did an hour and a half set at a stadium gig. They were shite. Massively disappointing. So I opted not to see them on the recent tour. Ticket prices were daylight robbery. 

Going to see Slash in Feb and I can’t wait. Hi solo stuff is terrific

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×