The Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver Thread

Hand_Of_Omega_91

Saw em in 88' at the Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix. I had the chance to see them their first time out at the Mason Jar in 87' but I blew that, talk about regrets. On the positive side I did see them in a pretty small venue as Celebrity Theatre only holds 2,650 people and I had third row tickets. Sweet.

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Saw em in 88' at the Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix. I had the chance to see them their first time out at the Mason Jar in 87' but I blew that, talk about regrets. On the positive side I did see them in a pretty small venue as Celebrity Theatre only holds 2,650 people and I had third row tickets. Sweet.

Count your blessings you saw 'em when you did. 1985-1990 was their prime. Everything after was damaged goods.

Funny how things have come full-circle.  G 'n' R opened for the Cult back in 1987 and this year the Cult returned the favour. My how time flies.

9 hours ago, Strider said:

Count your blessings you saw 'em when you did. 1985-1990 was their prime. Everything after was damaged goods.

Funny how things have come full-circle.  G 'n' R opened for the Cult back in 1987 and this year the Cult returned the favour. My how time flies.

Ah yes The Cult, another excellent band with conflict resolution issues. Can't we all just...get along?

• 4 months later...

I really like Guns n Roses. Everybody likes their music. November Rain is my fave track. But i just do not like Axl. It is pathetic how they could not even get together and accept awards etc. He seemed to fall out with everyone. Then he goes and slots right in to guest for AC/DC. Because he was such a, Best not say. It just stopped me really liking them more.

Edited by craigled

14 hours ago, craigled said:

I really like Guns n Roses. Everybody likes their music. November Rain is my fave track. But i just do not like Axl. It is pathetic how they could not even get together and accept awards etc. He seemed to fall out with everyone. Then he goes and slots right in to guest for AC/DC. Because he was such a, Best not say. It just stopped me really liking them more.

Well, at the time Axl & Slash were barely speaking and Axl was avoiding Stephen at all costs. He doesn't have any baggage with the guys in AC/DC, so joining them for several months came together rather quickly. 

Well, at the time Axl & Slash were barely speaking and Axl was avoiding Stephen at all costs. He doesn't have any baggage with the guys in AC/DC, so joining them for several months came together rather quickly. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/15/2017 at 7:03 AM, craigled said:

Guns n Roses have annoyed fans at a concert by not knowing what City they were in. And by being late. Nothing changes there then. Brilliant artists. They act like total Muppets. That has stopped me really,really liking them tbh.

Saw em in ‘93 in Manchester UK. Came on three hours late and did an hour and a half set at a stadium gig. They were shite. Massively disappointing. So I opted not to see them on the recent tour. Ticket prices were daylight robbery. 

Going to see Slash in Feb and I can’t wait. Hi solo stuff is terrific

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Browsing through this thread I see some people here have complaints. I saw G'n'R at Madison Square Garden in October 2017. They were kick ass! It was one of the best shows I've ever been to. They played three and a half hours with no opening act, were on time, and definitely knew where they were. They did their major and minor hits, some tunes I wasn't familiar with, and a bunch of covers. Yes, it was expensive--maybe around $375 altogether. 

I was thinking of getting a ticket to their new tour, but I'm afraid it couldn't possibly top the last one. 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I like GnR in general but TBH they really are just a Nazareth reboot. Axl sounds so much like Dan McCafferty he could be McCafferty's shitty, extremely less talented, abusive clone. Always thought Axl was the weakest link for an otherwise stellar band. Saw them live twice in the 80's and they put on a really good show both times though Axl pretty much loses his voice by the fourth song. Someone should have taught Axl how to control and preserve his voice live. I am more a music guy so a weak singer does not bother me too much as long as the instrumentation is excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2018 at 4:42 PM, Xolo1974 said:

Saw em in ‘93 in Manchester UK. Came on three hours late and did an hour and a half set at a stadium gig. They were shite. Massively disappointing. So I opted not to see them on the recent tour. Ticket prices were daylight robbery. 

Going to see Slash in Feb and I can’t wait. Hi solo stuff is terrific

Uhhhhh 

GNR didn't perform in Manchester in 1993. They did do Milton Keynes in 1993. And they did Manchester in 1992. If it was the 1993 gig, that is 100% understandable. It was part of the Skin N' Bones Tour, where they literally played only for the money. 

On 2/15/2017 at 12:03 PM, craigled said:

Guns n Roses have annoyed fans at a concert by not knowing what City they were in. And by being late. Nothing changes there then. Brilliant artists. They act like total Muppets. That has stopped me really,really liking them tbh.

Well Idk if you can blame them. Travelling from city to city to city I mean..... and they have Axl Rose and Axl Rose is, well, Axl Rose

7 hours ago, LedZep123 said:

Uhhhhh 

GNR didn't perform in Manchester in 1993. They did do Milton Keynes in 1993. And they did Manchester in 1992. If it was the 1993 gig, that is 100% understandable. It was part of the Skin N' Bones Tour, where they literally played only for the money. 

Ok it was 1992. My mistake. They sucked. Check out the news stories in the following link

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1913-1992-06-14-manchester-city-football-ground-maine-road-manchester-england

On 3/14/2021 at 5:57 PM, Xolo1974 said:

Ok it was 1992. My mistake. They sucked. Check out the news stories in the following link

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1913-1992-06-14-manchester-city-football-ground-maine-road-manchester-england

Okay then. I actually don't know the setlist, but looking at it now. OOF. 15 songs, including a drum solo. Oh wow. And what, Maine Road seats like 40,000? They played like a 3 and a half our set in LA, and the venue only seated 15,000.

Oh boy