What about Country?

Scarlett

Willie Nelson: I've only touched the tip of the iceberg, but Willie's for me

Waylon Jennings: could anyone who watched Dukes of Hazard on TV NOT like Waylon?

The Sons of The Pioneers I don't know if you can still get the original albums anymore

Johnny Cash (of course)

Juice Newton Queen of Hearts was all over the radio back in the day.

John Prine I first heard of him when my band covered Paradise. He's awesome.

Honky Tonk Man by Dwight Yoakam is cool, but I haven't really listened to anything else.

Born To Boogie is my favorite Bocephus tune.

and who could forget Johnny Paycheck's Take This Job And Shove It!

Was a big Kenny Rogers fan when I was in like 3rd grade... The Gambler was a big cross-over hit in my area. I used to know the words to a lot of songs off his greatest hits record.

Does Jerry Reed do the whole Smokey and The Bandit soundtrack?

after that it's bluegrass/newgrass

I recently started listening to Drew Emmett, who I instantly became a fan of.

Apparently he's been around for a while.

I highly recommend his solo work.

I still haven't heard Leftover Salmon, his first band.

Another band that I saw once and really liked is The Hicks.

My dawg has died 'n' my horse has gone lame, My wife done left me for her cousin Daisy. The crop's all burnt 'n' The creeks dried up so the cows can't drink. Gonna buy me rope to hang from a tree.... This worlds ain't for livin' i need to be free..............lol

My dawg has died 'n' my horse has gone lame, My wife done left me for her cousin Daisy. The crop's all burnt 'n' The creeks dried up so the cows can't drink. Gonna buy me rope to hang from a tree.... This worlds ain't for livin' i need to be free..............lol

:hysterical:

I know what you mean. I'm not a country fan but I decided to give the local country station a try one day. This guy was singing a song about how he had fumbled a pass in a high school football game, ten years previously. Seems like it cost him his girlfriend. I said wtf? Get a life. Find something better to sing about.

That did it for me. Havent listened to anything country since.

I love Patsy cline I always sing her songs,my roommate says i have the best voice he EVER heard maybe I should try being a singer.

Crazy

I fall to peices

back where I am from there really is no oppurtunities in music so when i moved to L.A.

I heard Patsy Cline on the jukebox and loved her ever since.

I wasn't going to chime in here because I don't listen to country music. But then I saw that artists who I wouldn't have classified as country were listed. Personally, when I hear "Elvis", I still think of early rock and roll.

Hank Williams

Patsy Kline

Hank "Bocephus" Williams Jr.

Ronnie Milsap

Waylon Jennings

Willie Nelson

Dwight Yoakum

Honorable mention

Felice and Boudleaux Bryant because I love the song ROCKY TOP!!!

Johnny Cash

Hank Williams

George Jones

Ry Cooder

Patsy Kline

Doc Watson

Emmylou Harris

Ry Cooder? I love Ry Cooder but I thought he was more bluesy (and, more recently, connected to "world music") than country. I am thinking of his collaborations with Taj Mahal and Ali Farka Toure, both of which I love. To be honest, I'm not very accurate when it come to putting musicians into their "correct" musical genres.

Patsy Cline. When it comes to a song about heartbreak, it doesn't get much more painful than her wrenching "I Fall to Pieces."

But if you love me you'll forgive me

Even though it's hard to understand...

:P

I like some of the old style country.....most notably Johnny Cash.

I love some of Patsy Cline's work too...

'Back in Baby's Arms' is nice :)

I also like quite a bit of bluegrass...and some countryrock.....just recently, I got a boot of Peter Rowan and Friends from a few years back and it's fantastic !! And Emmylou branches in many directions, my fave by her may be the most unusual 'country' album I have...and it won a grammy ...

Wrecking Ball produced by Daniel Lanios....no wonder it's unusual ! B)

...and the Rick Rubin produced Johnny Cash is like that...very unusual sounding 'country'....

Interesting stuff...

Doesn't some of Led Zeppelin have alot of country influences other then blues in their songs?

Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard pretty much sums it up for me so far.

Johnny Cash is the only country I actually listen to regularly, but I don't really mind any of it, it's okay.

I've seen more than a few say something about good old Johnny---I was two or three posts into the thread, and I was a bit worried because no one had mentioned him.

I like country---even some of the more modern stuff...but not the "pop-country" shit of today.

As for a young, HOT country man.... Tim McGraw... :swoon:

His wife's not bad, either. :lol:

:rolleyes:

Archived