Hello, Goodbye

Mona

• 11 months later...
I searched for this thread. Alas, it's still here.

Since I like to "hide" this is a better way to say bye's.

So...Bye! Heading out to the liqour store :party:

:flying:

Can you pick me up a bottle of Rum :D

• 2 years later...

Me To, Ditto Repeato.

Regards, Danny

PS, Nice way to er, you know? :o;):slapface::whistling::lol:

Well I am full of ideas to a well you know :bagoverhead::whistling:

PS searched and found from 2 years ago, phew might of had another rap for it B)

What the heck is 16:02 GMT?? :huh:

Please do tell for the silly American girl who knows not of this British lingo. :).............missy

It means the time that I wrote the post was two mins past four o'clock Greenwich Mean Time.

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is a term originally referring to mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is arguably the same as Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and when this is viewed as a time zone the name Greenwich Mean Time is especially used by bodies connected with the United Kingdom, such as the BBC World Service,[1] the Royal Navy, the Met Office and others.

I gotta :run:

Wow. I read that answer three times and I'm still not 100 percent sure I got it. Oh, you wrote it very well, it's just much more scientific-y than I thought. When I first saw it the only thing I could think of was "Great Mountain Time" which of course in England would make no sense. :D

It sounds like what we do over here with military time?

As I recall though, (too lazy to Google) England is either 5 or 8 hours ahead of us here on the East Coast.

Hmm. I think it's 5 hours. Yes, Final Answer is 5 hours. Did I win?........missy

Are ye all coming back??!B) B)

Back but going again :blink:

Wow. I read that answer three times and I'm still not 100 percent sure I got it. Oh, you wrote it very well, it's just much more scientific-y than I thought. When I first saw it the only thing I could think of was "Great Mountain Time" which of course in England would make no sense. :D

It sounds like what we do over here with military time?

As I recall though, (too lazy to Google) England is either 5 or 8 hours ahead of us here on the East Coast.

Hmm. I think it's 5 hours. Yes, Final Answer is 5 hours. Did I win?........missy

Yeh east coast I think is 5 hours behind, west coast is 8 , Basically its just we are set at zero and people behind us our behind in time and those forward of us like Russia etc are ahead in time.

When all else fails there's always the good ol' Flounce Generator.

Eh morning Captain Sensible , "Happy Happy Happy happy Talk, talk about things we(you) like to do". So tell me my man whats the criteria for making people look like Jackasses ?? Is it a person thing ? What I mean is do you tell everyone or just a select few ?. Do you sit at ya p.c desk with ya "cartman" police outfit? saying "Respect My Authoritah!" or do you really respect all rules on here and in life, never broke a rule, never speeded, dropped litter or whatever...........Are you really the purveyor of truth ?? .

PS thanks though as reading and replying to your posts make me smile, its becoming a bit of sport, and look forward to you replies..........GOD BLESS AMERICA :superman:

Me To, Ditto Repeato.

Regards, Danny

PS, Nice way to er, you know? :o;):slapface::whistling::lol:

"I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty's Government-every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation.

The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in this FORUM,

we shall fight on the seas and oceans,

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,

we shall fight on the beaches,

we shall fight on the landing grounds,

we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,

we shall fight in the hills;

we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

"I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty's Government-every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation.

The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in this FORUM,

we shall fight on the seas and oceans,

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,

we shall fight on the beaches,

we shall fight on the landing grounds,

we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,

we shall fight in the hills;

we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

Thank God for Winnie, without whom this world would surely be speaking Deutsch. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, "Rule Britannia, Marmalade and Jam, Five Chinese Crackers up your Arse go Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang"

Hello leddy is your in box full, if it is please empty it.......:rolleyes:

Yes Maam right away :)

Thank God for Winnie, without whom this world would surely be speaking Deutsch. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, "Rule Britannia, Marmalade and Jam, Five Chinese Crackers up your Arse go Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang"

Yes indeed :)

Archived