No Reunion At All!

SIBLY

I bet they'll film and record this concert. They're just saying they're not maybe as a surprise for the fans later on? I think that this is way too big to not and besides, I don't think that the fans would ever forgive Zeppelin if they don't do that. It'd be a big slap in the face to the millions of us that couldn't get to the O2 Arena.

Mmm... I'm fairly confident they wouldn't NOT film and record the gig but less confident it'll see the light of day anytime soon... (Although EVERYTHING seems to come out eventually, it's just a matter of time - even Zep at Live Aid I'm sure).

The problem is that any DVD is going to have the name Led Zeppelin on it and join the existing catalogue... It's going to have to be seriously fantastic for them to consider releasing.

On a related note, I guess part of the reason for not televising the O2 show live is piracy etc but it's INEVITABLE footage will escape - and with YouTube etc much, much quicker than in the past. The potential for making huge sums of money for Ahmet's charity SURELY would make the band think twice about televising/releasing a DVD/even charging fans to enter Hyde Park to watch the gig on big screens. But apparently not.

I think the sticking point is the name, in a funny way, and the idea of releasing anything new under the name 'Led Zeppelin'. I hope I'm wrong.

Archived