What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

2uijkb6.jpg

Dr. Dog is a psychedelic rock band from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Their sound has been compared to that of various 1960s pop bands, especially The Beatles and The Band, as well as The Beach Boys. Each band member has a nickname, and they have explained that friends of the band also receive nicknames, which are drawn from various aspects of their lives and personalities (Andrew Jones, for example, is a certified lawyer).

Before 2004, the band was not well-known, and was often mistaken for a hip-hop group because of its name. The group had a small fanbase until My Morning Jacket brought them on tour. Soon after, The New York Times music critic Kelefa Sanneh praised the group's album Easy Beat in a December 2004 article, leading to attention from other critics. They signed with Park the Van Records and completed their first cross-country tour in 2005. Late 2005 saw the departure of Jones, who became a full-time lawyer. Jones was replaced by Frank McElroy.

In early 2006 the group toured Europe and the US with Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and has also been the opening band for The Strokes' 2006 tour in Detroit, Cleveland in the US, as well as a tour with The Raconteurs, and The Black Keys in the fall of 2006.

[heartbreaker]|[led_zeppelin]

[live_at_royal_albert_hall_1970]

["_abuse_my_love_a_thousand_times_,_however_hard_i_try_"]

[p_._s_._,_yes_,_they_played_it_._._,_it_'_s_just_not_on_the_dvd]

Edited by docron