What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

The great Eddie Kendricks in 1972, a year before his big FM radio hits Keep on Truckin' and Boogie Down.  This is much more soul than those.  I cannot believe this was not a single.  It could have been a big hit.  I just discovered this song last year.  It became a club hit apparently, but not a radio single.

Check out the groove, the bass, piano, the horns, - the entire arrangement is just so perfect.  A great song, and a wonderful vocal performance.   Some sources say the band is the Funk Brothers but not sure if it is James Jamerson on bass.  But turn up that bass !  So smooth and yet so funky.

Nice to hear some good young rock bands in this thread. From the time when VH was still a young up and coming band, here's 'I Live with Fools' from May 29, 1976. The placement of the instruments in the original version of this was way out of wack. Fixed that up and did a light remaster on the sound quality. Anyone who wants the full show, send me a message.