Robert and Maureen?

MHD

I never had the pleasure of running across Audrey Hamilton.

I was told that she had a very understanding husband. And that whenever Zeppelin was touring in the US, that he understood that she would be "hanging out" with the band...

It was reported that she cooled Jimmy down in a bar in Dallas in 1983 with a drink (the contents of being thrown).... Or, was it the other way around ? ? ?

A very understanding husband, this sounds great!

But I understand that Robert and Jimmy got weak so often, they surely got great offers from women and girls. A thing of which other men only dream in their life.

• 3 weeks later...
I came across this pic earlier today...a very natural, loving shot. It is Maureen isn't it?

rob77greattasteax4.jpg

I've loved Zep for 22 years but i don't love this. Let's be clear this is just a man cheating on his wife. It caused pain and torment as it always does. 13 years later on 'Watching You', Robert would be singing 'I'm so guilty, I'm so guilty, I'm so GUIL-TY!'

I'm not judging Robert, I'm no saint myself, but i think we can easily romanticise the whole groupie thing and make excuses for 'musicians far from home who need a bit of fun on the road' when in reality we are talking about serial infidelity.

I've loved Zep for 22 years but i don't love this. Let's be clear this is just a man cheating on his wife. It caused pain and torment as it always does. 13 years later on 'Watching You', Robert would be singing 'I'm so guilty, I'm so guilty, I'm so GUIL-TY!'

I'm not judging Robert, I'm no saint myself, but i think we can easily romanticise the whole groupie thing and make excuses for 'musicians far from home who need a bit of fun on the road' when in reality we are talking about serial infidelity.

Right you are. A young man often can't resist the temptation to "have some fun" if a girl nearby is beautiful and if she worshipes him...but what is past is past.

Sincerely- I couldn´t probably be married with a star- the life with such person is very, very difficult. You are mostly alone, while your husband is on tour on the other end of the Earth doin´...it is better you don´t know it! Nothing for me...it would make me depressive. Such platonic love and platonic admiration of a star is much better! The idol of your heart is always for you there in your thoughts-always beautiful, always nice, always ready for you every day and night! I´m happy enough that I can listen to his voice, collect pics, look at him and in the evening(or thru the day, of course :D) all the wildest things are allowed in your phantasy! And you don´t hurt anybody, because it is all only in your mind. In my dreams all my romantic (and sometimes also a little wicked:blush:) wishes will come true...when I´m watching Rob on DVD singin´"Stairway to Heaven", my heart is melting like snow and my soul becomes wings, I think I could fly... I love to watch him, when he is kidding his bandmates onstage and makes jokes and banters on the audience- he is so funny, he must be an awesome guy!

And I probably couldn´t be a groupie, because I would offer him my heart and body and soul- and he would probably misprize me- this would break my heart. I´m a little oldfashioned in this :D. I can imagine to be his lover, because lover is "loved", but I would have big qualms because of his wife.Thatś why it is better it is so like it is ( damn, this is a translation :D :D)

Considering even the greatest star is only a normal man like all those we have at home :lol:

And this is what it is about! :D

Sincerely- I couldn´t probably be married with a star- the life with such person is very, very difficult. You are mostly alone, while your husband is on tour on the other end of the Earth doin´...it is better you don´t know it! Nothing for me...it would make me depressive. Such platonic love and platonic admiration of a star is much better! The idol of your heart is always for you there in your thoughts-always beautiful, always nice, always ready for you every day and night! I´m happy enough that I can listen to his voice, collect pics, look at him and in the evening(or thru the day, of course :D ) all the wildest things are allowed in your phantasy! And you don´t hurt anybody, because it is all only in your mind. In my dreams all my romantic (and sometimes also a little wicked:blush:) wishes will come true...when I´m watching Rob on DVD singin´"Stairway to Heaven", my heart is melting like snow and my soul becomes wings, I think I could fly... I love to watch him, when he is kidding his bandmates onstage and makes jokes and banters on the audience- he is so funny, he must be an awesome guy!

And I probably couldn´t be a groupie, because I would offer him my heart and body and soul- and he would probably misprize me- this would break my heart. I´m a little oldfashioned in this :D . I can imagine to be his lover, because lover is "loved", but I would have big qualms because of his wife.Thatś why it is better it is so like it is ( damn, this is a translation :D:D )

Considering even the greatest star is only a normal man like all those we have at home :lol:

How eloquently put, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I have often thought of how I would react in such situations; I could not be married to a musician. I can however fantasize about him to my hearts content, and as you said, he is always there for me, at my beck-and-call. :wub:

I have also wondered, if I were ever to meet Robert, and it might come down to the nitty gritty, could I really go through with it? Such questions to ponder on a Friday night as a single woman. :unsure:

How eloquently put, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I have often thought of how I would react in such situations; I could not be married to a musician. I can however fantasize about him to my hearts content, and as you said, he is always there for me, at my beck-and-call. :wub:

It depends on the bond in the relationship; I would not abandon someone who I loved when he needed me.
I have also wondered, if I were ever to meet Robert, and it might come down to the nitty gritty, could I really go through with it? Such questions to ponder on a Friday night as a single woman. :unsure:

I could, depending on how much I want to do it, and how hard I have to think about it; the less I have to think about it, the more likely I will do it, especially if I can still respect myself in the morning. Also, if the desire and respect factors are very high, it's more likely to happen.

Don't think it would be as much of an issue now... isn't he single? Serial monogamist. :)

I don't know how I would have reacted back then either as his wife, a groupie, or a lover (there is distinction and I believe he's had them all).

Don't think it would be as much of an issue now... isn't he single? Serial monogamist. :)

I don't know how I would have reacted back then either as his wife, a groupie, or a lover (there is distinction and I believe he's had them all).

And yet it's like finishing the last jar of tomato basil sauce; he still needs to get more to go with his angel hair pasta.

A very understanding husband, this sounds great!

But I understand that Robert and Jimmy got weak so often, they surely got great offers from women and girls. A thing of which other men only dream in their life.

That's because men are weaker than women when it comes to that. Much weaker!

My sentiments exactly! I don't care how famous they are. You just don't cheat one your wife if you're married! I'm sorry but that's a sore spot with me. That' the very reason I divorced him. Because he cheated on me. It really, really hurts.

Sincerely- I couldn´t probably be married with a star- the life with such person is very, very difficult. You are mostly alone, while your husband is on tour on the other end of the Earth doin´...it is better you don´t know it! Nothing for me...it would make me depressive. Such platonic love and platonic admiration of a star is much better! The idol of your heart is always for you there in your thoughts-always beautiful, always nice, always ready for you every day and night! I´m happy enough that I can listen to his voice, collect pics, look at him and in the evening(or thru the day, of course :D) all the wildest things are allowed in your phantasy! And you don´t hurt anybody, because it is all only in your mind. In my dreams all my romantic (and sometimes also a little wicked:blush:) wishes will come true...when I´m watching Rob on DVD singin´"Stairway to Heaven", my heart is melting like snow and my soul becomes wings, I think I could fly... I love to watch him, when he is kidding his bandmates onstage and makes jokes and banters on the audience- he is so funny, he must be an awesome guy!

And I probably couldn´t be a groupie, because I would offer him my heart and body and soul- and he would probably misprize me- this would break my heart. I´m a little oldfashioned in this :D. I can imagine to be his lover, because lover is "loved", but I would have big qualms because of his wife.Thatś why it is better it is so like it is ( damn, this is a translation :D :D)

i couldn't agree more! in spite of the fact that i'm only 18, i'm old-fashoned about this too. Offering him my love for 20 minutes would break my heart, i don't want it. neither me nor Robert would respect me, and it's unbearable for the vast majority of people...

I'm happy you ladies see the light of what really was going on with those pics of RP with someone other than his wife.

He and LZ and their infamous ways are part of the reason I had to divorce my husband , whom I met in 1968-1969, married in 1975, and divorced in 1980.

Notice the timeline:

1968-1969...Zep wass born

1975...Zep at their peak

1980....the death of Zep.

My husband thought he was a stud , and screwed everything and everyone. Trampled Underfoot was his theme song.

It wasn't fun. It ruins your life, especially if you have kids, and aren't wealthy like a rock star's wife. There is no monetary compensation for your heartaches.

I'm not impressed by Zep's philandering either.

I'm happy you ladies see the light of what really was going on with those pics of RP with someone other than his wife.

He and LZ and their infamous ways are part of the reason I had to divorce my husband , whom I met in 1968-1969, married in 1975, and divorced in 1980.

Notice the timeline:

1975...Zep at their peak

My husband thought he was a stud , and screwed everything and everyone. Trampled Underfoot was his theme song.

It wasn't fun. It ruins your life, especially if you have kids, and aren't wealthy like a rock star's wife. There is no monetary compensation for your heartaches.

You are very strong if you found force to divorse him. It's always very hard for woman...and for children...

Notice the timeline:

1975...Zep at their peak

Your husband must take responsibility for his own actions; it's wrong to blame the members of Led Zeppelin for his choices. Interestingly, John Paul Jones remains wedded to his original wife; their union has survived all the years of touring. Each person is an individual and makes his own choices according to his own needs. Perhaps not all choices are the best, but you live and learn.

I'm sorry your husband was so inconsiderate; you deserve better treatment. Have you been able to forgive him? It can be hard to carry the hurt with you into the future. Have you been able to meet someone new? Often it's the people who ease the pain in life who matter the most.

Your husband must take responsibility for his own actions; it's wrong to blame the members of Led Zeppelin for his choices. Interestingly, John Paul Jones remains wedded to his original wife; their union has survived all the years of touring. Each person is an individual and makes his own choices according to his own needs. Perhaps not all choices are the best, but you live and learn.

I'm sorry your husband was so inconsiderate; you deserve better treatment. Have you been able to forgive him? It can be hard to carry the hurt with you into the future. Have you been able to meet someone new? Often it's the people who ease the pain in life who matter the most.

It's been a long process. He moved to California in 1981. (Guess he had an aching in his heart). Never saw his child, never sent child support. The man is dead now. Died almost 5 yrs ago in California. But his legacy remains, and the hurt he's caused, and the repurcussions of divorce and remarriage remains alive and well, living through my only child, who is now an adult with a child of his own.

It's the domino effect. One choice in life affects another, and so on. My current spouse of 23 yrs never liked my kid. And so it goes......

Archived