Jimmy Page's Old Mill House (1990)

SteveAJones

He has a sunroom! My houseplants and I are so jealous.... :)

ETA: I believe that's a red geranium flowering in there, along with a spider plant in back of it, a weeping fig (ficus) across from it and a very, very tall dracena (aka "corn plant" - looks like the standard green type) way in the back. I also think I see a kentia palm peeking into the corner of one of the other pictures. (That last one is so wonderfully British - all he needs to complete the scene is an aspidistra ("Cast Iron Plant") somewhere in there, too...

Yeah, I admit it. I'm an indoor gardening geek. :D

Edited by Maddy

Great pics and thanks for sharing! Interesting decor, very colorful. Is this the same house that he was selling last year?

Yes, which is the only reason I've elected to share these now. To have done so while he still owned the property would be inappropriate. He purchased the Old Mill House

from actor Michael Caine for 900,000 English pounds in 1980, and began moving in

that August following the Over Europe tour. Incidentally, John Bonham died there the

following month.

He put the property on the market around 1990, but repurchased it in the 90s. As I

understand it, he has sold the property once again.

Yes, which is the only reason I've elected to share these now. To have done so while he still owned the property would be inappropriate. He purchased the Old Mill House

from actor Michael Caine for 900,000 English pounds in 1980, and began moving in

that August following the Over Europe tour. Incidentally, John Bonham died there the

following month.

He put the property on the market around 1990, but repurchased it in the 90s. As I

Great info, thanks Steve!

Was Jimmy there when those were taken?

Yes, they were taken just before Jimmy put the property up for sale the first time. He repurchased it a few years later. I understand he sold it again within the past year.

Edited by SteveAJones

following month.

Actually, he bought the house the first time from Michael Caine for £500.000 not £900.000 ( despite what the press reported).

Also, he sold it again a few years ago.....the Old Mill House is NOT the house he sold within the last year.

Actually, he bought the house the first time from Michael Caine for £500.000 not £900.000 ( despite what the press reported).

Also, he sold it again a few years ago.....the Old Mill House is NOT the house he sold within the last year.

Yeah, the one sold last year was quite a large country estate (in Sussex maybe? I didn't pay enough attention at the time) as far as one could tell from what someone posted on the old board when it came on the market.

• 12 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mikelangelo said:

Looking at these again; gotta say that Jimmy had a pretty good taste with houses!!! 😊 Boleskine-house was my least favourite of his houses (the ones I have seen pictures of-), maybe because of the extra-baggage it carries, or whatever...

I never liked the interior of Boleskine House because it looked like a goddamned Haggis crazed Scotsman exploded in the damn place. Horrible furnishings.

On 3/31/2020 at 7:56 AM, PeaceFrogYum said:

I never liked the interior of Boleskine House because it looked like a goddamned Haggis crazed Scotsman exploded in the damn place. Horrible furnishings.

He wanted to find a place that matched his pants.

1cdf0b0e90d6fc6f62b2eefa7afb8105.jpg

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, Mikelangelo said:

Jimmy was a brave man to wear those pants. And with those red-socks!!! 🤣 But in honesty, I must admit that I had bit similar pants back in 1996 😂 But I didn't look that cool...

Red socks were de rigueur  back in 72, worn with bell bottom flares that were half way up yer ankle. Thank fk there are no photos, they must have looked ridiculous.

7 hours ago, Mikelangelo said:

Jimmy was a brave man to wear those pants. And with those red-socks!!! 🤣 But in honesty, I must admit that I had bit similar pants back in 1996 😂 But I didn't look that cool...

7 hours ago, JTM said:

Red socks were de rigueur  back in 72, worn with bell bottom flares that were half way up yer ankle. Thank fk there are no photos, they must have looked ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with these pants, he wore them (or similar) at the fantastic Montreux show in 1970. The pants he had for the Munich show one day later were excellent, too.

But maybe you like his Dragon suits better? Or what about his tasteful 1980 outfits, they were beyond words.........

To each his own.

1970-03-08-munch-uh1.jpg

1970-03-07-montreux_alg10.jpg