Robert Plant Song of the Day

Don't know if this is a very original idea, just wondering what Percy song is getting alot of play from you today ? Been listening to "Ship of Fools" over and over today, it's in my top five of fave Robert songs, and I listen to it when I'm in need of some clarity. Getting ready to put " The Principle of Moments" and blast "Other Arms". It's a good day to play some 80's RP. So anyway, my Robert Plant song of the day is " Ship of Fools" followed closely by "Other Arms" ( I'm not a prisoner, I'm the big parade :lol: ) Hey ! "Heaven Knows" just came on the radio as I close this ! good sign...It's a PERCY day !

I have a Zep/Robert Plant mixed CD that I listen to and from work each day. And surprisingly I'm not sick of it yet! "Ship Of Fools" gets played at least twice a day.
That song really speaks to me, It always puts my mind back on track. "Song to the Siren" is another one that I listen to alot. I'm deep into 1980's Robert today !

If I Were A Carpenter

Bilbo - it's great to go back to 80s Robert isn't it! I don't listen to the earlier albums as often but when I do, it's sort of like hearing them for the first time again and that great excitement that follows.

Hi 9 ! It's sure has been alot of fun revisiting all these great songs, everytime I go back and listen to his catalog I find something different to appreciate ! Robert is an artist in every sense of the word.....

Hi 9 ! It's sure has been alot of fun revisiting all these great songs, everytime I go back and listen to his catalog I find something different to appreciate ! Robert is an artist in every sense of the word.....

Hi Bilbo :wave: Very true indeed. Going back you realise how many different musical styles he's experimented with over the years.

Hi Bilbo :wave: Very true indeed. Going back you realise how many different musical styles he's experimented with over the years.
The wonderful thing is that he puts his stamp on it, he's influenced by such a wide variety of music, such an eclectic mix, but it all comes out "Robert Plant Music". I groovin' on "Wreckless Love" for the 8th time right now ! :D

The wonderful thing is that he puts his stamp on it, he's influenced by such a wide variety of music, such an eclectic mix, but it all comes out "Robert Plant Music". I groovin' on "Wreckless Love" for the 8th time right now ! :D

Absolutely. I think he takes a variety of influences and puts it through his own filters and therefore makes it not really categorizable. It's clearly him, but it's his own unique sound. Wreckless Love is a great tune. Now I think I must pull that cd out :D Not that it'd be a bad thing of course <_<

Absolutely. I think he takes a variety of influences and puts it through his own filters and therefore makes it not really categorizable. It's clearly him, but it's his own unique sound. Wreckless Love is a great tune. Now I think I must pull that cd out :D Not that it'd be a bad thing of course <_<
Do it ! put it on and I'll start "WL" for the 9th time, we'll be listening together ! :D

Great Spirit come, Great Spirit come

Who has chased away the moonbeams?

Who has pulled a blanket across the sky?

Who will sing in celebration

Throughout this land that’s bound to die?

Oh - that’s bound to die.

Who will put an end to all this sadness?

Who hears the Earth that cries beneath the burning rain?

All truth reduced to piles of greed and madness

The accident remains the same

Great Spirit come Oh - Always the same

Great Spirit come Mm, said it’s alright, seems okay

Robbery and evil and the stealing

From the body and the mind for the healing

Of the spirit and the pride and the will and the will of the land

Grace, courage, honesty and love

There’s evil, there’s evil, there’s evil going on

I love my brother, I must share the seed

That falls through fortune at my feet

The Fate of Nations and of all their needs

Lies trapped inside these hearts of greed,

Ooh - oh, yeah, oh, oh, oh, oh

Come on, come on, come on

Ooh yeah. Ooh yeah,

Come on, come on, come on …

The will of the land

Great Spirit, Great Spirit come

The will of the land

Ooh, we’ll sing in celebration

Ooh, we’ll sing in celebration

Ooh, we’ll sing in celebration, celebration

Sing in celebration, now now now now Sing in celebration

Can't get past " Fate of Nations" today, it's on it's third go 'round in my CD player, my song of the day is the track that kicks it all off, " Calling to You". A great song with it's "little bit Kashmir, little bit Misty Mountain Hop" riff, plus Robert's throaty "OOOOOOOOOOOO" :lol: Just a thought, after my diving into 80's Robert yesterday, I was happy to rediscover that Robert never gave into the 80's music mind set. Even though there was some good, socialy conscience music that came out of the 80's, the majority of the folks just wanted to "Wang Chung Tonight" and to hell with lyrics and music that were a bit deeper. Robert stayed true to himself, even thought he toys with different musical styles, it all comes out with his distinct stamp. My RP song of the day : " Calling to You"

Archived