Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SteveAJones

Led Zeppelin Shepperton Film Studios Aug 1974

1974_08SheppertonFilmStudios.jpg

1974_08SheppertonFilmStudios2.jpg

1974_08SheppertonFilmStudios3.jpg

1974_08SheppertonFilmStudios4.jpg

Led Zeppelin w/Director Peter Clifton

Shepperton Film Studios

August 1974

Photos Courtesy of Steve A. Jones Archive

1974_08SheppertonFilmStudios5.jpg

1974_08SheppertonFilmStudios6.jpg

1974_08SheppertonFilmStudios7.jpg

1974_08SheppertonFilmStudios8.jpg

Led Zeppelin With Director Peter Clifton

Shepperton Film Studios

August 1974

Fantastic photos. Nice to see some 'behind the scenes'.

That shot of Robert scratching his head. Gotta be thinking "this is so preposterous".

That shot of Robert scratching his head. Gotta be thinking "this is so preposterous".

Fantastic photos, as usual Steve...I really love that Robert one :thanku:

Good stuff Steve.

A question: Apart from the video and audio not quite lining up in TSRTS, I can't tell the difference between the MSG and the Shepperton footage. Loads of people say they can though - what are the differences?

Hair.

Jonesy's godawful wig and Jimmy's haircut.

I'm sure there are much more obvious and important differences, but those are the ones I notice! :rolleyes:

Hair.

I'm sure there are much more obvious and important differences, but those are the ones I notice! :rolleyes:

I'm glad you pointed those out because I was sitting here going :blink: because I couldn't spot a thing :ph34r::lol:

Good stuff Steve.

A question: Apart from the video and audio not quite lining up in TSRTS, I can't tell the difference between the MSG and the Shepperton footage. Loads of people say they can though - what are the differences?

I've never been able to tell the difference either. The only thing that I've noticed is during WLL, Jimmy's guitar changes before you see him go back and actually change his guitar. Unless my eyes have deceived me :blink:

As usual Steve, good stuff. The only part of the film that I caught was near the end of Whole Lotta Love... ie Plant getting into...WAY DOWN INSIDE

In high school I had TSRTS on videotape and watched it all the time, and NEVER suspected that parts were filmed a year later. I noticed things like changing guitars, and hair looking different, but I always chalked it up to the film being a combination of the 3 NY concerts, and there were changes from night to night. I noticed Jimmy's hair length, but I thought he was maybe have a bad hair day and so that's why it looked different from night to night on the NY stand...

Edited by Mattmc1973

Hair.

I was at the actual concerts and, when the film was released, we noticed the Zep guys' hair (and, I think, a couple of piece of clothing were different?). Beyond that, we thought that Robert and Jimmy looked a little "healthier" - as in they were apparently being well-fed and well taken care of by their women back in England.

Beyond that, we thought that Robert and Jimmy looked a little "healthier" - as in they were apparently being well-fed and well taken care of by their women back in England.

Yes. Also, no perspiration evident during reenactments inserted an hour into the show.

1974_08SheppertonFilmStudios5.jpg

1974_08SheppertonFilmStudios6.jpg

1974_08SheppertonFilmStudios7.jpg

1974_08SheppertonFilmStudios8.jpg

Led Zeppelin With Director Peter Clifton

Shepperton Film Studios

August 1974

So the scenes in the film when Jimmy wore this outfit reenactment?

So the scenes in the film when Jimmy wore this outfit reenactment?

Yes, this was reenacted for the film, not the soundtrack.

The outfit he is wearing is the one that he bought. The rose shirt he wears didn't come with the outfit. it doesn't match like the one with stars and tinsel.

Many of the sync problems are not just due to the footage being re-shot. They combined footage from 3 nights with audio from 3 nights, so at times you are seeing genuine MSG footage from one night, with genuine MSG audio from a different night, leading to sync issues.

One obvious give-away for the re-shot footage is the long dolly shot that comes in at some points (incl. during Stairway). There were no dolly tracks laid for the actual shows.

Cool Photos every now and then I see something new and this is it for today .I thank You

Good stuff Steve.

Robert looks quite stoned in the Shepperton footage. That's what I always noticed.

Hair.

Well apart from the obvious one of JPJ's wig, another difference I see is Bonzo's weight. He looks fatter at the Shepperton sessions, and much leaner and fitter it the actual MSG shots