Led Zeppelin Shepperton Film Studios Aug 1974

SteveAJones

I have studied the Garden footage for a LONG time, the first cap is Shepperton and the theremin cap is Genuine footage from the 27th. The whole Theremin sequence is genuine to the music from the 27th.

Just a rule of thought:

Page uses his burst les paul throughout the whole song when miming shepperton. Everything in WLL before the "One night I was laying down" sequence, Page switches guitars. You can clearly see this in the film.

There are maybe 5 or 6 shepperton shots in there, I can tell you they are all of Robert.

Yes, because it is impossible to mime that solo on Stairway TSRTS.

And if all three nights were filmed, hopefully a raw pro-shot footage will be released.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, because it is impossible to mime that solo on Stairway TSRTS.

And if all three nights were filmed, hopefully a raw pro-shot footage will be released.

No, it's just that they had footage for it for that night.

And I highly doubt all of the full concert or unreleased concert releases you hope for will happen. Jimmy would never release all of the footage. It's just not his nature.

And I highly doubt all of the full concert or unreleased concert releases you hope for will happen. Jimmy would never release all of the footage. It's just not his nature.

I only want the 2007 concert on blu ray. That's all I am anticipating from Jimmy. Bootlegs for the rest.

Again, I doubt it will be released, and if it does (I say a 2% chance), it will only include the concert.
Maybe this foreshadows something?

The concert was also filmed for a possible DVD release. In an interview he gave in March 2008, Page commented It was recorded, but we didn't go in with the express purpose of making a DVD to come out at Christmas, or whatever. We haven't seen the images or investigated the multitracks. It's feasible that it might come out at some distant point, but it'll be a massive job to embark on.

So from the looks of the pictures Jimmy wore two different jackets at Shepperton? The one with the stars, and the one with the poppies? Just trying to nail down what exactly is shepperton. How about in Since Ive been Loving you? Robert seems to look as he is trying to mime because he is off on a lot of it, on the current blu ray release. You think they would have at least listened to the audio before trying something like this.

100% of celebration day looks, to me, like shepperton. Mostly because there's no crowd shots. There is one but they arent in the right positions relative to the shot before and after. The film also looks different.

The close ups in Rock and Roll too...there's just too many problems with the editing of the three nights and the other footage and all the cut up audio for me to handle. I can hardly enjoy the show anymore.

Archived