Predictions, thoughts, concerns regarding a 2008 Zeppelin Tour

JethroTull

1. I predict Zeppelin will undergo a massive world tour beginning sometime in 2008.

2. I'm concerned that they are not physically able to undertake a grand scale tour with such a long layoff. Health problems and lack luster shows could result.

3. I predict the face value ticket prices will set a record.

4. I predict scalpers will have a field day.

5. I predict, I will score two face value tickets.

6. Thought, this tour could bring the largest diverse demographic to a concert. Teenagers through folks in their 50's. Plus, many different religions and ethnic groups will also be in attendance.

7. The tour will continue into 2010.

1. I predict Zeppelin will undergo a massive world tour beginning sometime in 2008.

2. I'm concerned that they are not physically able to undertake a grand scale tour with such a long layoff. Health problems and lack luster shows could result.

3. I predict the face value ticket prices will set a record.

4. I predict scalpers will have a field day.

5. I predict, I will score two face value tickets.

6. Thought, this tour could bring the largest diverse demographic to a concert. Teenagers through folks in their 50's. Plus, many different religions and ethnic groups will also be in attendance.

7. The tour will continue into 2010.

Well I may as well be the first to respond to this. First of all, you are going to hear it from some members for starting a thread that already exists based on its subject several times over. That doesnt sit well here with many, and is understandable. I am a believer that there will be a tour, how extensive will probably be determined by the band members as they go along. I would think the major venues of NY and LA would be booked first and then they would go from there. It won be easy to get a ticket, lets face it. I will do whatever it takes. They will be worth the price of admission no matter what as they are legends of the truest kind. Dont expect we will get any official word for at least a couple of months though. Lets hope it happens. i believe it will.

I concur with the above post, you'll get some flak for starting yet ANOTHER thread on the subject. :lol:

But with that said, my thoughts are as follows:

NO big tour, but we may get a few shows here and there, including a few in the US late this year. The band will be wise and not over-extend themselves, and compromise the quality of the music. It will not be cheap to see a show, but it WILL be worth it. They will focus on quality, not quantity. These guys aren't 25 anymore. (Shit, neither am I. Damn!)

Secondly, don't hold your breath for the O2 DVD.

And thirdly, this will not happen until Robert fulfills his obligation with Alison. Trust me, he will not let her down, or kill his own success for the sake of Zep. So be patient, and take Jason's advice. DON'T BE GREEDY.

A friend of mine asked me if I thought the shows would sell out.

lol.

I told him I thought it would be the hardest-to-get ticket in the history of tickets (as far as a major tour goes, not talking about one-offs or small limited shows), especially if they make the tour "limited" because of the ages of the guys.

I'm sorry for starting another topic on the subject. It was just plain laziness. I suspected the subject was covered. One of the problems I have found with this forum since joining a couple of weeks ago is the high volume, high traffic, large number of topics, large number of users, large number of dopey topics(these are usually my favorites) etc, etc, etc. Forget about using the "search" tool, it returns so many topics, it becomes a pain to sort through pages and pages of one topic to find your search results.

I would go to see such a tour on a few conditions:

1. Stairway MUST be extended again, as it was in the good old days. (You know, with a five-minute

guitar solo?)

2. No more bulls**t like the version of NQ extended by only two minutes at the O2 show. I have no

problem with an extended version of NQ, but at least make it a respectable length. If they weren't up to doing a

12-minute version, they should have just played it in it's original form, with no crappy extensions.

3. Vocal hooks must be INTACT. No more of Robert bulls**tting himself into thinking that he can still

sing in the original key. He should just transpose the songs down a few keys so that he can still

sing the hooks. That's much better than ditching the hooks to sing in the original key.

B)

1. Stairway MUST be extended again, as it was in the good old days. (You know, with a five-minute

guitar solo?)

2. No more bulls**t like the version of NQ extended by only two minutes at the O2 show. I have no

problem with an extended version of NQ, but at least make it a respectable length. If they weren't up to doing a

12-minute version, they should have just played it in it's original form, with no crappy extensions.

3. Vocal hooks must be INTACT. No more of Robert bulls**tting himself into thinking that he can still

sing in the original key. He should just transpose the songs down a few keys so that he can still

sing the hooks. That's much better than ditching the hooks to sing in the original key.

B)

I have changed my tune on Robert. I think he absolutely still has it. After hearing a little more of O2 I am convinced of this. Wish I had a copy of this like many of you audio/computer experts out there do (you know who you are). Are you joing about the extended leads? I think No Quarter is a song I can do without just as so many here actually think they would leave out Stairway. That is do absurd. They will NEVER NEVER play a concert without playing Stairway to Heaven (the greatest song ever done). No Quarter I can do without-they have so many other songs that are better. I would rather hear them try Fool In the Rain or something they have never done live. You could fit 3 extra songs in the time it takes to play that long drawn out keyboard solo. No offense Jonesy but I prefer you on base and would rather Jimmy plays all night than have to sit through that electric piano (yawn) solo..

I've changed my mind. Led Zeppelin will not tour as a band.

Reasons......

1. No new album to promote.

2. No need to sell the back catalog by touring. The catalog sells on it's own.

3. If they haven't done it by now, what makes you think they really want to or care.

4. They are all 60ish and with such a long layoff, it would just be too grueling.

B)

What do you think they did at the 02 show? <_<

I predict that in 2008 Jimmy will realize that he was the only one in that Jeanie Bottle to begin with. He'll say he's going back to working on his solo project and maybe in 7 more years....it'll be ready. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I disagree............here's why

these guys killed it on DEC 10. They simply exude "rock-n-roll". Lets face it..they are indeed the greatest rock-n-roll band to ever exist. hands down. THEY WROTE THE BOOK AND SET THE BAR that every bluesy rock-n-roll band is measured against. yes they are older but as they showed us...they still have it. They invented the jam scene. They could sell out an entire tour ten times over at any and all venues they choose to play. They need no new album to promote........what about "the who"? Too grueling.........Look at the Stones..keith richards is still pounding it out(there is no reason that dude should still be breathing), hpwever they put on a great show last year. Each member of Zeppelin is in better shape than keith, and mic.

They obiously care given their interviews after the Dec 10 show.

Even if plant wants to wind it down........could you imagine a better way to do it. GO OUT ON TOP......just like michael jordon.

I have no concerns as I saw plant and page in dallas years back at renion arena. Broke......in college and Sweating the $100 bucks for the ticket wondering if they'd be washed up or not....I went and they blew the roof off the place.

and lastly.........they have a passion for what they do.....it would be the greatest gift hey could give the hundrens of thousands of people who have followed them forever....even their solo careers

I hope someone close to the band follows these threads.and can convey to them how much it would mean to the masses...........Lets get the Led out in 2008!

Reasons......

3. If they haven't done it by now, what makes you think they really want to or care.

4. They are all 60ish and with such a long layoff, it would just be too grueling.

Reasons......

Narrowminded thinking my friend.

1. Zeppelin will not decline to tour again because of lack of product. They don't need product.

2. Irrelevant. They wouldn't tour to sell the back catalog.

3. They didn't play until the O2 because Ahmet, whom they loved dearly was alive.

4. How old are you? Haven't you heard? 60 is the new 40! Hell, Les Paul's still touring! He's 93. Oh, and Robert is touring, thank you.

They'll do as they please. End of discussion.

I'm sorry,but am i the only one that realizes that this year is the 40th anniversary of their existence?They should tour to that,it would be very selfish of Robert if they didn't,deep down he knows he wants to,he want's to tell his grandchildren when he actually IS old that he went out after a massive world tour with the greatest rock band of all time,not that he went out (Compared to Zeppelin) crooning (Contrasted to his vocals back in the day) with a folk singer at and a few weird instruments playing songs Zep would have covered 10 times better while struggling to forget his godlike past,he wants Zep to be his last show,he doesn't know this.

The fate of rock music rests with Jimmy (As it has many times before) to twist Bob's arm,Jimmy must convince Rob to do what's right,and if it can be done,then Jimmy will do it,he's the only reason Robert ever made it,he must now call in the favour and reform!

I'm sorry,but am i the only one that realizes that this year is the 40th anniversary of their existence?They should tour to that,it would be very selfish of Robert if they didn't,deep down he knows he wants to,he want's to tell his grandchildren when he actually IS old that he went out after a massive world tour with the greatest rock band of all time,not that he went out (Compared to Zeppelin) crooning (Contrasted to his vocals back in the day) with a folk singer at and a few weird instruments playing songs Zep would have covered 10 times better while struggling to forget his godlike past,he wants Zep to be his last show,he doesn't know this.

The fate of rock music rests with Jimmy (As it has many times before) to twist Bob's arm,Jimmy must convince Rob to do what's right,and if it can be done,then Jimmy will do it,he's the only reason Robert ever made it,he must now call in the favour and reform!

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: What sense does any of this make?For the umpteenth time, Robert already had comittments to go on tour with Alison Krauss to promote their CD LONG before any reunion show at the O2! I am really tired of all the criticism against Robert surrounding this and people acting like he is abandoning Zep in favor of touring with AK! I too would love to see him do one final tour with Zep, but first things first and that is his tour with Alison. Nobody needs to twist his arm, so have a little patience please.

If they haven't done it by now, what makes you think they really want to or care.

At first none of them wanted to reunite. Ever since Live-Aid it's been pretty constant. Jimmy has always wanted to do it. JPJ has always been neutral, and Plant has been against it.

NO big tour, but we may get a few shows here and there, including a few in the US late this year. The band will be wise and not over-extend themselves, and compromise the quality of the music. It will not be cheap to see a show, but it WILL be worth it. They will focus on quality, not quantity. These guys aren't 25 anymore. (Shit, neither am I. Damn!)

Secondly, don't hold your breath for the O2 DVD.

And thirdly, this will not happen until Robert fulfills his obligation with Alison. Trust me, he will not let her down, or kill his own success for the sake of Zep. So be patient, and take Jason's advice. DON'T BE GREEDY.

That's pretty much what I think, although there may be nothing this year...I think an announcement of a handful of gigs in 2009 might come along with the official release of the O2 DVD about six weeks before Christmas. Just think of the 'superhype' that accompanied the one gig they played last year.

If they do play a few shows, I hope they do something on a larger scale than the O2. I was pretty pissed off it was so difficult to get into the gig last month, and I actually made it, so I can easily imagine how it felt to be on the outside. Let's face it, a couple of nights at Wembley Stadium, Giant's Stadium etc. wouldn't kill 'em, and make a lot more people happy than Madison Square Garden or the Staples Centre.

I know Robert's keen on the idea of 'one last great gig', which they have obviously achieved, but having done so well with their 'new' drummer, maybe a handful of gigs to really go out on top wouldn't be such a bad thing?

...and I know they played London last time, but they really should include the UK if they do play a few more times...the O2 was way too small a venue for the biggest band in the world.

I hope they don't do a full scale tour, a few select dates here and there would be fine with me. The reason O2 was so good was because the music was fresh and new to them again, touring and playing the same songs night after night could really ruin the whole thing.

In this case, less is more. Play a handful of shows here and there, and make them really special.

The only reason they'd do a full scale tour at this point is for the money, and they don't need it.

I'm sure Jason wouldn't mind, but the rest of them are beyond loaded.

That being said, even when very rich, I imagine it would be hard to turn down the kind of money they stand to make if they were to launch a U.S. or world tour, it would be astronomical.

I predict a string of shows in the U.S. to coincide with the release of the O2 DVD by August of 08.

My crystal ball is tired now, must sleep.

4. How old are you? Haven't you heard? 60 is the new 40! Hell, Les Paul's still touring! He's 93. Oh, and Robert is touring, thank you.

To be fair he doesn't really tour. He does a weekly show at a club in New York. But he's still going strong at 92.

For the record I think Zeppelin's reunion tour begins in 09 or late 08.

...a few select dates here and there would be fine with me. The reason O2 was so good was because the music was fresh and new to them again...Play a handful of shows here and there, and make them really special.

I definitely think that's what they should do :)B)

Narrowminded thinking my friend.

1. Zeppelin will not decline to tour again because of lack of product. They don't need product.

2. Irrelevant. They wouldn't tour to sell the back catalog.

3. They didn't play until the O2 because Ahmet, whom they loved dearly was alive.

They'll do as they please. End of discussion.

End of discussion?? I doubt it.

Archived