Jimmy's mostly shoddy playing on the 77 US tour.

Levee

ahh, another zeppelin mystery unvieled.

What was the amount of hard drugs purchased for Jimmy Page during the 77 tour?

who was his dealer?

was the purchases solely for himself or did he turn around and profit from it?

ahh, another zeppelin mystery unvieled.

What was the amount of hard drugs purchased for Jimmy Page during the 77 tour?

who was his dealer?

was the purchases solely for himself or did he turn around and profit from it?

The "77 tour physician" so to speak was Larry Badgley.

Ugh. Friends and foes I'm really getting tired of these comments about the 77 tour because of Jimmys "condition" and how the tour was not up to par with the others.

I've tried to answer politely before that you can't judge an entire tour based on your boot collection, I've never wanted to use the "I was there and you were not card" But I'm using it. I saw them live two nights in Cincy in 77 and the shows and Jimmy were outstanding. And no I wasn't high or drunk, I'm not that stupid to see Zep "impaired".

Was Jimmy sub par on certain nights? Absolutely, but I'm not going to throw the entire tour away because of a few shows, yes that's right, a few shows.

As far as I'm concerned the 77 tour ranks very high , the power, raw energy and probably the best set list of any tour.

So please stop judging Jimmy on whatever boots you own, and I'm sure as hell not going to apologize for being there.

So what are we supposed to judge it on? Face the truth, he was hit or miss from '77 to '80. One song he sound good and next he sound like total crap. The Page of '73 shit on the Page of '77. Too many people here act like you can't say a bad word about anyone in the band. Even the mightest of heroes have faults. Jimmy Page will always be my rock god but you seriously can't tell me he was fantastic on this tour. At times he was downright painful to hear. Not because so much of what he was playing was so bad, but more importantly, you knew he could do better if he had been right in the head. Doesn't matter though. I love this tour. Bonzo/JPJ seemed to peak and Plant was so damn funny on the mic. Some shows were great but some were not up to par for what most of us consider to be the greatest band ever. Most of this comes from Jimmy imo. Seems to me that he didn't have the chops he used to. I could be way off but I'm guessing he didn't practice as much. Funny thing is that I'd still give up a toe to go back in time to see one of their "bad" shows. You're blessed to have seen them.

Archived