Sam - Will the L-Z.com threads be imported here?

huw

I got a PM on the old site that I didn't get to answer so I'd like to see the old threads and PMs come back.

In case they don't........to Steve who asked about my acquiring Bonzo's hat this summer, yes it was the one Rick Barrett offered on his site. It came with a COA from the Bonham family and pic of Bonzo wearing it.

Needless to say I am incredibly honored to own such a rare piece of Rock history from my true drumming hero. NO OFFERS PLEASE! Well, six figure offers are welcome. LOL

What an excellent addition to your collection. I've known Rick for nearly 17 years and saw that item

on one of his exclusive listings. There's no question it's authentic as the hat, along with Rick Barrett,

Sam Rapallo and Robert Godwin appeared on a Much Music 'Start Me Up' telecast in Canada on March 25th 1995 to promote Page/Plant's upcoming performance in Toronto. I have that telecast on dvd in

my archive.

• Administrators
Trying to catch Sam R's attention...

L-Z.com has closed, due to this place opening.

I'm guessing that it will be all the same folks that join up...

...so can we have our old threads back please? :ph34r:

Seriously, there was some good info hidden in some of those threads, perhaps not as good as on some of the other forums, but still useful.

What about it, Sam? Can they be imported?

Won't be importing and old threads. This is a brand-new board. B) But I'll open the old board up to existing members for a little while, staring tomorrow so they can retrieve pm's etc.

Won't be importing and old threads. This is a brand-new board. B) But I'll open the old board up to existing members for a little while, staring tomorrow so they can retrieve pm's etc.

Many thanks for righting a perceived wrong. I wish you every continued success in this new site, of which I am proud to belong.

Much appreciated, Sam.

Just a gentle reminder that when picking the "little while" in question, we'd be grateful if you could bear in mind that we're all in different time zones--don't want to miss the window of opportunity!

What an excellent addition to your collection. I've known Rick for nearly 17 years and saw that item

on one of his exclusive listings. There's no question it's authentic as the hat, along with Rick Barrett,

Sam Rapallo and Robert Godwin appeared on a Much Music 'Start Me Up' telecast in Canada on March 25th 1995 to promote Page/Plant's upcoming performance in Toronto. I have that telecast on dvd in

my archive.

Steve, it is the ULTIMATE addition to my collection! The Holy Grail if you will! I've known Rick for about as long, if not longer, and he was really great to work with in acquiring the hat! Since you mentioned the Much Music show, I remember Rick having some huge die cut ITTOD promo stand ups made and I asked if there were any left because that would pretty much cap off my collection. Unfortunately, he only had a few made and they're out in circulation somewhere. I did manage to get my pic standing next to it at the Zep convention in Niagara Falls around '97 I think. Hey maybe Fathead.com will cash in on the Zep craze and make some life-size Zep stuff.

Regarding the hat, I had hoped to win tix and see if I could figure a way to have Jason wear it for tune or two (and selfishly to meet and thank my heroes for their music and for influencing me musically and otherwise) but it didn't work out.

Pardon my asking (my brain cells are fading quicker than the hard rock music genre) didn't you have a mag called Proximity or the Other One. Forgive me if I'm mistaken...........

Take care.............

Hi All.

Shame about the loss of the old threads, I got a great impression of a lot of people by spending my hours reading them. I'm glad most peeps have kept their old names though, makes life easier for the brain.

Was gonna make mine just plain old Layla but someone had got their first!! :o

layla :hippy:

Archived