So...How many of you guys play a guitar,bass...ect

Swamp Dog

Surprized you dont have a Les Paul Leddy. I had an 82 and sold it like an idiot. It was Black standard with the cream outline. I now want the gold one that Jimmy played at O2. Nothing is better than a Les Paul with a Marshall. I dont like Fender myself because the strings are wider apart on the neck. Prefer Gibson necks. I also want to get another good acooustic/electric. Had a nice Ovation with the crazy cuts in the front rather than the traditionall hole in the middle. Forget the term-starts with an a. But I am thinking about getting a Taylor this time. Let me know if you have ever played one. I am going to go looking for a Les Paul soon. Want a standard. No way a studio. And the extra money for getting a Custom not worth it really. Right now Im stuck with an Epiphone electic I borrowed. and for acoustic an 89 Alvarez.

Nah I use to play a les and I hated the necks, I like the wimpy thin fender necks, far more playable !! even when it comes to listening to Page I prefer the first album and solo and on Stairway and For Your Life etc Tele and strat !! for the sound he gets from a fender guitar !!! However I do as i say have a humbucker pickup on my fender ! I have never played an acoustic/electric before.

drums, bass and bit of guitar-its fucken hard!

Well to play at the same time I guess it is <_<:rolleyes:

I don't have any bands (not that I don't want), I've only been in a school and choirs.

A play a little. Had Piano/Organ lessons for 4 years and I'm having guitar lessons for 5 years now. I know how to play (a little).

I own an acoustic guitar, a classic and an electric, and to broken classic guitars :D (I didn't do it, I just found them. I'm thinking of painting them and fixing them a little just for show).

I sing a little (choir or alone :rolleyes: ).

I used to play piano/keyboards when I was younger, but I haven't had access to one in ages so I probably wouldn't sound all that great anymore haha. I used to love to learn Beatles songs for some reason.

Currently I play guitar (I have a Mexican strat), but I'm not a huge talent or anything. I just play it to pass the boring days in the dorm because I am an excessively poor college student who would live off of Ramen if I wasn't an RA who gets a meal plan for free. :P

The first song I learned in its entirety was Tangerine, and it took me nearly a year of playing guitar before I could actually play an entire song. I have the attention span of an eggplant.

Anyway, here's a picture of it!

l_e4cc0b0bfb003cb53ddb9f8ee15d27b9.jpg

I play the piano as well as the guitar and clarinet, I was forced to play piano by the parents the clarinet was the only way I could join the High School band and avoid French class !!!

The guitar is my true love and pretty much all I play, I have played Strats and still have one but I love the Lester and she is about all I play these dayz !!!!

RjK

Guitar is the one instrument I really play. I tried playing the piano and clarinet, but those lessons failed. I have a great Epiphone Les Paul Classic, a crappy Epiphone acoustic, and a piece of shit Samick Malibu.

I'm planning on getting a Fender bass and either a Strat or a Tele.

Played guitar and bass for many years and taught guitar lessons for @7 years. Here are my babies, there are more but I don't have pics handy.

The Gibby's:

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

The G&L's:

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

For whatever reason I can't get them to not be sideways :(

I've got a bunch of amplifiers as well. Marshall JCM800 (2205), Mes Maverick 2x12, and several others (mostly tube amps)

Played guitar and bass for many years and taught guitar lessons for @7 years. Here are my babies, there are more but I don't have pics handy.

The Gibby's:

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

The G&L's:

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

For whatever reason I can't get them to not be sideways :(

I've got a bunch of amplifiers as well. Marshall JCM800 (2205), Mes Maverick 2x12, and several others (mostly tube amps)

Where did you take the pics? It looks kiind of like the Islands in the background?

There's always something new to learn no matter how long you've been playing! :D

very true...I've been at it over 30 years and the only time i play actual "music" is at rehearsals or gigs or recording(unless you want to count working up a tune or writing)...the vast majority of the time I spend working on scales, arpeggios, even simple finger excercises I've been doing since I started..there is always more to learn

Where did you take the pics? It looks kiind of like the Islands in the background?

It's my dad's back yard in Rhode Island. He lives on a brackish river. It's beautiful in the summer.

It's my dad's back yard in Rhode Island. He lives on a brackish river. It's beautiful in the summer.

Truly beautiful! The scenary and the guitars. The top one, the gold Les Paul, is it a standard or a classic? That is the guitar of my dreams. Im sure you have a Marshall to go with it?

Archived