"Bustle in your Hedgerow"

yep i do, at least in that pic :rolleyes: Ozzy was freaken gorgeous too--so its a good thing :D I even liked his show.....I think crazy or whatever hes a good man to his wife and kids too. Went to Ozzfest last year cause it was FREE and had a blast. Got a picture of him. He saw me tryin to get him as he walked by and walked right up like here is that better. Called Sharon over and I got the bitchen close-up. And honestly I wasn't sure if it was really him. When I first saw him I thought it was just one crazy fan dressed up like him and was tryin to get the picture to show friends

ya know how two drinks is too much for me... Well after my two, toward the end of the show I just whipped my camera out and started to video- everyone else was too-(on their camera phones, no red beam) This big, big guy come tappin on my shoulder. Maam your gonna have to give me that camera and I was beggin him no, no I'll delete it. but I was fumblin around couldn't think what button to push and he reached over and deleted everything. Man was I bummed. At least he let me keep it though. I guess he could have taken it. Still was a great night Pretty sure my 16 yr ol son was thrilled(His first concert) We're waitin to see the line-up for this year.

k I know way off subject

yep i do, at least in that pic :rolleyes: Ozzy was freaken gorgeous too--so its a good thing :D I even liked his show.....I think crazy or whatever hes a good man to his wife and kids too. Went to Ozzfest last year cause it was FREE and had a blast. Got a picture of him. He saw me tryin to get him as he walked by and walked right up like here is that better. Called Sharon over and I got the bitchen close-up. And honestly I wasn't sure if it was really him. When I first saw him I thought it was just one crazy fan dressed up like him and was tryin to get the picture to show friends

Ha, well I've never had Ozzy Osbourne before. I seem to get wild variations in who people think I look like, I've been told I look like Paul McCartney, Jack Black, even Michael Jackson!

But that's great you got a chance to snap Ozzy, good stuff!

Ha, well I've never had Ozzy Osbourne before. I seem to get wild variations in who people think I look like, I've been told I look like Paul McCartney, Jack Black, even Michael Jackson!

But that's great you got a chance to snap Ozzy, good stuff!

I've always thought that you look like a young Bob Seger. B)

I thought Gainsbarre sorta looked like Kurt Cobain when he dyed his hair magenta.

You can listen to Plant himself explain quite straight-forwardly what bustle in your hedgerow means, starting at around 4:15

Most everyone I know is a recovering Catholic, myself included.

Great link BTW. Never saw that interview clip before. I believe Robert's explanation, but I also believe it had "two meanings", just like the song says. Robert, as a lyricist, was really good at that.

I don't understand JP's shirt, because as far as I know he wasn't raised Catholic. But that's a subject for another thread: "Recovering Catholic, what does it really mean?" :)

There is a scene in the Blues Brothers film when the guys have an unfortunate run-in with one of the nuns; Jake, may he rest in peace, and his brother, Elwood, have been recovering ever since.

[sister Mary Stigmata hits Elwood with her stick]

Elwood: Ow, you fat penguin!

Jake: Ya see, me and the Lord have an understanding.

Jake: [to Sister Mary Stigmata] Five grand? No problem, we'll have it for you in the morning. Let's go, Elwood.

Sister Mary Stigmata: No, no! I will not take your filthy stolen money!

Jake: Well then... I guess you're really up Shit Creek.

[sister Mary Stigmata hits Jake Blues with a ruler for using that kind of language]

Sister Mary Stigmata: I beg your pardon, what did you say?

Jake: I offered to help you... You refused to take our money. Then I said: I guess you're really up Shit Creek.

[sister Mary Stigmata hits Jake Blues with the ruler again]

Elwood: Christ, Jake. Take it easy man.

[sister Mary Stigmata hits Elwood Blues]

Jake: Oh shit!

[sister Mary Stigmata hits Jake Blues]

Elwood: Jesus Christ!

[sister Mary Stigmata hits Elwood Blues]

Jake: Shit!

Curtis: Boys, you got to learn not to talk to nuns that way.

Curtis: Well, the Sister was right. You boys could use a little churching up. Slide on down to the Triple Rock, and catch Rev. Cleophus. You boys listen to what he's got to say.

Jake: Curtis, I don't want to listen to no jive-ass preacher talking to me about Heaven and Hell.

Curtis: Jake, you get wise. You get to church.

The Blues Brothers 1980 Memorable Quotes

From the Urban Dictionary;

1~"A bustle in your hedgerow," the enigmatic line in Led Zep's "Stairway To Heaven" classic, has mystified music mavens for decades. Hopefully, the following will sprinkle a scintilla of elucidation and edification upon this cryptic conundrum.

A hedgerow is a hedge that surrounds many estates in Britain.

Bustle, or noise or activity, used in this sense, means a disturbance close to home. Something's happening in your world!

It's just a spring clean for the May Queen.

Spring cleaning is an old domestic ritual cleaning meant to do away with the troubles of the past year and prepare for the coming year, and often includes disposing of old, useless things that have been lying around.

The May Queen was a maiden chosen by a village to represent the hopes and potential for the coming year. She was a symbol of beauty, spring and new beginnings.

So here, as an analogy, the lyric refers to getting rid of old and outdated systems in order to allow progress to occur.

OR it can refer to menarche, or the first menstrual cycle, signifying that a girl is coming of age.

OR, it could mean that you have a fuckin' bee in your bonnet!

2~A hedgerow can also refer to one's pubic hair, therefore a bustle in your hedgerow can mean to become sexually aroused.

John had a bustle in his hedgerow for Jane as soon as he saw her.

3~Windy disturbance in your 'hedgerow' or 'intimate feminine area, or 'a fanny fart.'

Moira: "Ooh, I just had a bustle in me hedgerow."

Keith: "A bustle in your hedgerow? Yikes."

:D

Has anyone seen the hash menu..?

Archived