Who's That Bloke With Percy?

Knebby

Not sure if it has been addressed, but cynthia fox is a radio DJ from around where I am in California (95.5 KLOS) and KLOS has been around since 1969 and Im not sure if she was originally there, but they're the only classic rock station and they always keep to the classics. VERY popular since they started. Jim Ladd and her are the main DJs and thats cool to think they met with Robert Plant (but they really met with everyone :-p)

==============

doesnt she look (unbelieveably hot!) like the chick from 40 First dates?

Thanks for clarifying! She is gorgeous!

Thanks for clarifying! She is gorgeous!

Went through this whole thread all ready to talk about Cynthia Fox only to find I'd been beaten to it! :lol:

She's really cool in person. Here's a brief bio:

A Southern California native, Cynthia grew up listening to Dr. Demento and Flo & Eddie on KMET. In college, she fell in love with radio at campus stations KUOR, and then KXLU. Through KXLU she began a college internship at KMET in 1977. She ran the tape-delay for the General Manager's talk show, taped and edited the weekend surf reports and later that year was assigned an overnight on-air shift. A few months later she was working overnights full-time and then in 1979 was promoted to middays.

During her time at KMET she interviewed a variety of artists: Sting, Peter Gabriel, Tom Petty, the Edge of U2, David Gilmour of Pink Floyd, the Who, Lou Reed, Don Henley, Jackson Browne, Jeff Beck, Rod Stewart, Heart, REM, John Densmore of the Doors and many others. She emceed the US Festival and had an onstage role in the historic Pink Floyd "The Wall" concerts at the Sports Arena. She hosted numerous concerts at the Forum, the Santa Monica Civic and the Long Beach Arena.

After KMET's format change in 1987 she worked at a radio station that was eventually dubbed "The Edge", where she continued her in-depth interviews with Bryan Ferry, Danny Elfman, Brian Setzer and others. "The Edge" changed format and Cynthia co-hosted TBS's national video show "Nighttracks" for two years.

She returned to radio at KLSX in 1993, and via the filmed version of "The Fish Report With a Beat" was featured on Roger Waters' Radio Waves tour, album and concert video. She began hosting pledge drive concert specials for public television station KCET, including The Eagles, Santana, the Beatles, the Who and Bonnie Raitt. She produced a unique KLSX-KCET event on the anniversary of Jim Morrison's 50th birthday-an interview with Ray Manzarek, John Densmore and Robbie Krieger in conjunction with concert footage from "The Doors: Live at the Hollywood Bowl." (and she even included Jim Ladd in the festivities!)

Still miss KMET terribly. :(

Went through this whole thread all ready to talk about Cynthia Fox only to find I'd been beaten to it! :lol:

She's really cool in person. Here's a brief bio:

A Southern California native, Cynthia grew up listening to Dr. Demento and Flo & Eddie on KMET. In college, she fell in love with radio at campus stations KUOR, and then KXLU. Through KXLU she began a college internship at KMET in 1977. She ran the tape-delay for the General Manager's talk show, taped and edited the weekend surf reports and later that year was assigned an overnight on-air shift. A few months later she was working overnights full-time and then in 1979 was promoted to middays.

During her time at KMET she interviewed a variety of artists: Sting, Peter Gabriel, Tom Petty, the Edge of U2, David Gilmour of Pink Floyd, the Who, Lou Reed, Don Henley, Jackson Browne, Jeff Beck, Rod Stewart, Heart, REM, John Densmore of the Doors and many others. She emceed the US Festival and had an onstage role in the historic Pink Floyd "The Wall" concerts at the Sports Arena. She hosted numerous concerts at the Forum, the Santa Monica Civic and the Long Beach Arena.

After KMET's format change in 1987 she worked at a radio station that was eventually dubbed "The Edge", where she continued her in-depth interviews with Bryan Ferry, Danny Elfman, Brian Setzer and others. "The Edge" changed format and Cynthia co-hosted TBS's national video show "Nighttracks" for two years.

She returned to radio at KLSX in 1993, and via the filmed version of "The Fish Report With a Beat" was featured on Roger Waters' Radio Waves tour, album and concert video. She began hosting pledge drive concert specials for public television station KCET, including The Eagles, Santana, the Beatles, the Who and Bonnie Raitt. She produced a unique KLSX-KCET event on the anniversary of Jim Morrison's 50th birthday-an interview with Ray Manzarek, John Densmore and Robbie Krieger in conjunction with concert footage from "The Doors: Live at the Hollywood Bowl." (and she even included Jim Ladd in the festivities!)

Still miss KMET terribly. :(

Well thank you very much for adding more info on her Evster! Now I'll never forget who she is!

Are there any pictures any where of Robert with George Harrison? I would frame that and display it with all my family photos!
This is the best I can do and I don't think it will make that display - Roy Wood, Jeff Lynne, George Harrison, Denny Laine, Justin Hayward,, John Lodge and Robert Plant (at the end in the stupid sunglasses) (plus guitar). Birmingham NEC March 15th 1986. I was there! Bliss.

heartbeatfinal.jpg

This is a pic from the press conference to launch the event - it also features Jasper Carrot - George isn't on it though as he was a surprise guest.

heartbeatpress.jpg

:beer:

Edited by Knebby

i think its jj jackson from the good old mtv days. he was a big led zep fan. he was also a dj in l.a when zep were in thier heyday.

Its not - this is way before MTV days, plus Sam has told us who it was. "New Orleans soul singer Ernie K-Doe. "

Edited by Knebby

This is the best I can do and I don't think it will make that display - Roy Wood, Jeff Lynne, George Harrison, Denny Laine, Justin Hayward,, John Lodge and Robert Plant (at the end in the stupid sunglasses) (plus guitar). Birmingham NEC March 15th 1986. I was there! Bliss.

heartbeatfinal.jpg

I remember seeing that on MTV (I think it was this show) and seeing Robert playing guitar completely surprised by that :lol: I caught it mid show so for all these years, I never knew where the performance was from. Thanks for ending the mystery :D Now if only it was on video somewhere...

<_<

I remember seeing that on MTV (I think it was this show) and seeing Robert playing guitar completely surprised by that :lol: I caught it mid show so for all these years, I never knew where the performance was from. Thanks for ending the mystery :D Now if only it was on video somewhere...

<_<

It is somewhere - I have it in the vault somewhere from when it was shown on TV. :D

heartbeatfinal.jpg

This is a pic from the press conference to launch the event - it also features Jasper Carrot - George isn't on it though as he was a surprise guest.

heartbeatpress.jpg

:beer:

Thank you very, very much Knebby! :thumbsup: You made my day! I'm envious that you got to be there. I'm sure that it was truly an unforgettable experience!

Are there any pictures any where of Robert with George Harrison? I would frame that and display it with all my family photos!

I remember seeing photos of George Harrison w/ the Zep guys. It was a very long time ago, long before the internet, and I can't remember which Zep members were in the photos. My brain is somewhat addled and I can't remember if the photos were in a magazine or where I saw them. The photos were taken in 1973 when both George and LZ were in LA.. There was a party for John Bonham's birthday and George attended (with Patti Boyd?) the party and I think he also went to one of the LZ concerts (?). There might be someone on this board who also remembers the photos and who might even have a copy of the magazine where the photos ran. Sorry that I can't remember much more about it. You can watch Robert and George playing on stage in the YouTube vid I've pasted below.

It is somewhere - I have it in the vault somewhere from when it was shown on TV. :D

This little clip of the Heartbeat finale is one of my favorite vids of George. :wub:

th_PlantHarrison85flv-1.jpg

On preview: I notice that I have the date wrong on my photobucket title.

I remember seeing photos of George Harrison w/ the Zep guys. It was a very long time ago, long before the internet, and I can't remember which Zep members were in the photos. My brain is somewhat addled and I can't remember if the photos were in a magazine or where I saw them. The photos were taken in 1973 when both George and LZ were in LA.. There was a party for John Bonham's birthday and George attended (with Patti Boyd?) the party and I think he also went to one of the LZ concerts (?). There might be someone on this board who also remembers the photos and who might even have a copy of the magazine where the photos ran. Sorry that I can't remember much more about it. You can watch Robert and George playing on stage in the YouTube vid I've pasted below.

This little clip of the Heartbeat finale is one of my favorite vids of George. :wub:

th_PlantHarrison85flv-1.jpg

On preview: I notice that I have the date wrong on my photobucket title.

Thank you MSG for all the info and especially the video! It makes my heart smile watching George perform, and then to add Robert onto it is almost unbearable!