Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
GibsonGirl

Your first Led Zeppelin album

321 members have voted

1. 1. What was the first Led Zeppelin album you ever owned?

• Led Zeppelin
    • Led Zeppelin II
    • Led Zeppelin III
    • Led Zeppelin IV (or whatever you want to call it)
    • Houses Of The Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through The Out Door
    • Coda
    • The Song Remains The Same

My first Zep album was "Houses of the Holy" (Christmas '75, I was 12). To me it has a very special + unique atmosphere, and I still can recall the mood it once created.

Edited by Walter De

IMG_0614.JPG

1991 or 1992. I was 12 years old. The album (more specifically 'Stairway') made me a fan. Then Houses of the Holy, then everything else.

Edited by Mr. Mountain Hop

John M   

Led Zeppelin II, fall 1971, I was in the 7th grade.  A friend's older brother had it - that is how I first heard it.  Up to then I was listening to my older brother's albums -  the Beatles, the Stones, Hendrix, Cream, Creedence, CSNY Four Way Street, and the radio.  I must have heard WLL on the radio but I will never forget the day I listened to the entire second album.  It sounded like nothing else I had ever heard.

dandak   

My brother bought II back in 1974. After hearing that I bought IV on vinyl. So IV was the first one I bought. The next one was Physical Graffitti on Vinyl when it came out, then Presence on 8 Track when it came out. First cassette was CODA when it was released in 1982, first CD was III last year!!!

My best friend had Presence and Song Remains the Same on 8-track and we played them non-stop in his AMC Levi's Gremlin. Stop laughing. I know how 70's this sounds.

I found the only Led Zeppelin album I could in a used store. It was LZIII. I wore the grooves out of that baby and spent hours turning the wheel on the album cover to see all of the pictures. I even found the inscription on the vinyl, "do what thou wilt".

I think starting out with that record gave me a unique perspective of the band as more than just the greatest rock band, but as a great all around band that could do anything.

I was introduced to Led Zeppelin via Page And Plant Unledded. In my quest  to hear more fabulous music from these 2 guys I learned of Led Zeppelin. I took a chance and bought the Led Zeppelin 4 CD Boxset and from there my Zep obsession began. I purchased In Through The Out Door first, then the rest over the course of a year. Even though I have listened to each album in proper song sequence many many many times since then... sometimes when a particular album song ends my brain automatically starts off with the next corresponding song off of the boxset CD... even after all these years... that's how mind blowing and unforgettable Led Zeppelin was to me the first time I heard them.  I rarely play CDs anymore, but still keep the 4 CD boxset in my card for nostalgia sake (plus I won't be upset if they get stolen instead of my remasters). 

...my introduction to Led Zeppelin was hearing "Immigrant Song" on my transistor radio walking to my grandparents house in the snow.  The DJ said that it was Led Zeppelin and the next day I ran to Medicine Chest and grabbed the first Led Zeppelin album in the record bin that I saw.  It was Led Zeppelin 1...and my song wasn't on it.  The next three weeks I saved every penny from my paper route and shoveling snow to buy the other two albums....and I finally found "my song!