Aerosmith Thread

eagle87

Well I never saw the old one so I'll post here.

Anyways, I love Aerosmith (listening to to "Make It" right now B) )

Personally, they are my second favorite band of all time, second only to the great Zeppelin. Joe Perry is a hell of a guitarist and Brad Whitford is the unsung hero of the band, he was the main influence for Slash! Tom Hamilton is a pretty good bassisst but like Whitford, you won't see him in the lime light for the most part. Joey Kramers a decent drummer, he gets the job done. Tyler remains my favorite singer of all time

Overall, just a hell of a band, and I'm proud to say that seeing them live was the best show I've ever seen (well I've seen only a few concerts period, but oh well)

Well I never saw the old one so I'll post here.

Anyways, I love Aerosmith (listening to to "Make It" right now B) )

Personally, they are my second favorite band of all time, second only to the great Zeppelin. Joe Perry is a hell of a guitarist and Brad Whitford is the unsung hero of the band, he was the main influence for Slash! Tom Hamilton is a pretty good bassisst but like Whitford, you won't see him in the lime light for the most part. Joey Kramers a decent drummer, he gets the job done. Tyler remains my favorite singer of all time

Overall, just a hell of a band, and I'm proud to say that seeing them live was the best show I've ever seen (well I've seen only a few concerts period, but oh well)

Until now I've seen 0 so... but well, hope I can see Led Zep IF they come to Argentina

The best songs: Crying, Dude looks like a lady, Angel, Sweet emotion, Pink, Rag Doll... a few...

Who likes Aerosmith?

The history of the Toxic Twins... men, those two guys are crazy.

Personaly I like the Joe Perry guitars.

And one of the best CDs was Permanent Vacation.

There first three albums were by far the best. Get your Wings (Train Kepta Rollin) is my fav. But Dream On and Mama Kin are classics. Toys in the Attic I would rate as third best of all time by them. I saw them 3 times back in the day. Like the Rolling Stones they long overstayed their welcome in my opinion. Dragged on a carreer with material that was sub par to their ealier great stuff.

There first three albums were by far the best. Get your Wings (Train Kepta Rollin) is my fav. But Dream On and Mama Kin are classics. Toys in the Attic I would rate as third best of all time by them. I saw them 3 times back in the day. Like the Rolling Stones they long overstayed their welcome in my opinion. Dragged on a carreer with material that was sub par to their ealier great stuff.

"Rocks" is far and away my favorite. For the younger crowd who are into "Hard Rock", i'd highly recommend it. One of the best hard rock records ever made.

I also like Get Your Wings and Toy's but stopped listening after Draw The Line. For some reason, bands just aren't the same after they come out of rehab.

I also like Get Your Wings and Toy's but stopped listening after Draw The Line. For some reason, bands just aren't the same after they come out of rehab.

From what I understand they could be pretty shitty in concert back when they were all hopped up on drugs and alcohol. When they went straight the albums started to suck and their live shows improved dramatically. Go figure. Even though I've been a fan since the early days I never saw them live until the Get A Grip Tour in the 90s. While I don't care for the vast majority of their new material their live show did kick ass.

From what I understand they could be pretty shitty in concert back when they were all hopped up on drugs and alcohol. When they went straight the albums started to suck and their live shows improved dramatically. Go figure. Even though I've been a fan since the early days I never saw them live until the Get A Grip Tour in the 90s. While I don't care for the vast majority of their new material their live show did kick ass.

Did they play Train Kept a Rollin? Perry is a great guitarist. Never got enough credit. As for the other poster before you, dont know how anyone can pick Rocks (which I owned along with first 3) over the first album (Dream On) or Get Your Wings. Good album, but I dont think even close to Get your Wings.

Did they play Train Kept a Rollin?

I'm pretty sure they did, Oh Well (by Fleetwood Mac) was also in there.

Perry is a great guitarist. Never got enough credit.

Perry never got enough credit? He's only on nearly every "Greatest/Best Guitarist" list I've ever seen. Not to even mention the number of guitar-related magazines he's been on the cover of. Now, someone like Danny Gatton or Rory Gallagher, there's a couple of guitarists you rarely ever hear about but Perry? I don't think so.

As for the other poster before you, dont know how anyone can pick Rocks (which I owned along with first 3) over the first album (Dream On) or Get Your Wings. Good album, but I dont think even close to Get your Wings.

I love all of those records but also favor Rocks. It's the sound of Aerosmith coming into their own.

Early 80's...During Back in the Saddle, Tyler started dancing around, fell backward over his mic stand and puked all over the stage. Charming.

You're right. I've seen them pre and post intoxication and there is no comparison. Conversely, i believe that they were far better in the studio when they were loaded then they are now sober.

Did they play Train Kept a Rollin? Perry is a great guitarist. Never got enough credit. As for the other poster before you, dont know how anyone can pick Rocks (which I owned along with first 3) over the first album (Dream On) or Get Your Wings. Good album, but I dont think even close to Get your Wings.

Well, this "other poster" has his tastes, you have yours.

It's all subjective.

Cheers

I fuckin' loooove Aerosmith.I've seen them four times;and they were easily the best shows I've seen so far.

I also fuckin' hate "Dream On"

I also think that the first album pales in comparison to the three that followed,because the production sucks.They really started to come into their own when they worked with Jack Douglas..Draw The Line is a great album IMO,just not as good as the previous two.I think it kind of gets a bad rap.

Oh and......

aerosmith_-_rocks.jpg

....because it is;and it does. B)

I fuckin' loooove Aerosmith.I've seen them four times;and they were easily the best shows I've seen so far.

I also fuckin' hate "Dream On"

I also think that the first album pales in comparison to the three that followed,because the production sucks.They really started to come into their own when they worked with Jack Douglas..Draw The Line is a great album IMO,just not as good as the previous two.I think it kind of gets a bad rap.

Oh and......

aerosmith_-_rocks.jpg

....because it is;and it does. B)

Mama Kin is good-dont you think? I like Get your Wings the best. Like Toys too. Think Rocks is average.

Mama Kin is good-dont you think? I like Get your Wings the best. Like Toys too. Think Rocks is average.

"Mama Kin" is great,but I think the studio version sucks.To me;it sounds restrained.

Get Your Wings is great;and as far as I'm concerned,"Train Kept-A-Rollin'" is an Aerosmith song.

They pulled what I refer to as a "Johnny Cash" on that one;which is to say that they took a song written by-and popularized by-someone else,and made it their own.

Edited by 59LesPaul