Zep Tours in 2008

DKubas

I read the article. It seemed to be something that Jimmy was hoping for but I didn't necessarily take it as a 'plan' as such.

If it was, then that would be cool, although it better not coincide with my end of year exams!

Led Zep for Australia!!

I read it too. I found some positive implications I guess you'd call them but no confirmation. The title of this thread is misleading! :) The first post made it sound like there was a confirmation. Alas not.

How about a modified world tour? One major city in each state/country, with a few days rest in between gigs. That would help rest Rob's voice and not overtire everybody.... maybe? I hope???

All sources say no plans at this time.

Which is a drag cause I live in the LA area, which is a pretty much guaranteed venue were anything to actually happen. :(

If (big if) they do any kind of tour in the US, what do you thing the odds of them coming to Texas may be?

If (big if) they do any kind of tour in the US, what do you thing the odds of them coming to Texas may be?

Well, I see you're from San Antonio. While they've never to my recollection played there, they did play Houston and Ft Worth. Which is to say, they did get love from Texas. Whether they'd return is as much a matter of speculation as whether or not they'll tour at all. :beer:

Yeah, I'm around Chicago, so they'll definitely be here.

Only trouble is, if they were to tour, how the hell am I going to get tickets? They'll be gobbled up within minutes!

Unless, of course, they have a lottery system for every city...

I feel like it's 1973 again. Led Zeppelin rumours, predictions and the like. I'll believe it when they hold a group press conference with tour dates and/or the concerts are listed on ticketmaster or similar site. Why not just announce the tour now and sell the tickets now? I think the answer lies with Plant; the number of shows and potential strain on his singing. There I am, adding to the rumours, predictions and the like.

I heard today that our favorite boys are planning on touring this year starting in September of 2008 after Robert gets done with his Alican Krause tour....I am SOOO stoked. I pray to see them this time around.

[

font="Impact]OMG. i really hope that they do. have you heard any more news that CONFIRMS that though? because i can't find anything that gives a definite answer but my friend said that on the radio this morning she heard an announcement about it but didn't remember if they said it was a rumor or a truth. I'm assuming that it is a rumor but on the off chance that it is a truth i CANNOT handle missing the chance of buying a ticket for that. haha i'm sure you understand. I didn't see them in London either and i am too young to have been able to see them "back in the day" but i'm a big fan. :D

hoping for the best![/font]

Well, I see you're from San Antonio. While they've never to my recollection played there, they did play Houston and Ft Worth. Which is to say, they did get love from Texas. Whether they'd return is as much a matter of speculation as whether or not they'll tour at all. :beer:

There were here in '73, but that's the only one I'm sure of. It doesn't really matter tho, I'm less than a 7 hour drive from Dallas/Fort Worth and less than 4 from Houston. And an 1-1/2 from Austin.

And it REALLY doesn't matter since there's no telling they'll do it at all...

:beer: back atya!

We do love our Zep here in Houston... and we supposedly have the top outdoor concert venue in the country here (Ranked by Pollstar... take it for what its worth) in The Woodlands Pavilion, Reliant Stadium (where Janet's nipple made an appearance), as well as the new Toyota Center. I figure we have as good a shot as any area. We are, of course, the sixth largest metropolitan area in the country and the fourth largest city. Jeez..I sound like a tourism promoter!

Now let's just take care of those pesky little issues concerning the possibility of a tour in the first place!

it is confirmed, that was the result of there january band meeting i am almost certain.

How can you be "almost certain" that it was confirmed? Wishful thinking? I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. If it does happen, GREAT but it has been stated in a few threads that nothing is in the works at this time.

I am SO excited to see them. I wore my favorite shirt today in honor of the good old boys. I am praying with CONFIDENCE that they are, in fact, going on tour. I am almost 100% positive that they will. September is going to be the best month of my life. Not even kidding. :D

with zeppelin love,

:P

Keep in mind that The Press and Radio are strecthing what members have said to equate that with an announcement of a tour. No Tour has been officially announce ...yet, and no member has specifically said that there was going to be a tour....yet....

Does that clear it up for you Newbie ? ? ?

So, stay stoked on these Press and Radio styrechings of the truth for now.....

It's OK to Dream . . . . . :D

Archived