Post A Picture Of Yourself!

manderlyh

You're very welcome, Debbie! :) That's wonderful! :D I know how important it is to digitalize those precious family photos, to not only relive those precious moments with family but also preserve these priceless photos for posterity! I hope it was a wonderful trip down memory lane and I can't think of anything better to do than spend time, looking at those old family photos, especially during the holiday season! :) 

Thank you, Kiwi, and I agree! It made me nervous to only have those photos in the slide format. A few were faded but luckily, most of them were in mint condition. Last Christmas we viewed a couple of the reels using the slide projector, which was fun using equipment that is as old as I am! This Christmas we will view them on a big tv.  The kids (who are all young adults) enjoy seeing pics of their parents and grandparents as young children and teenagers. It makes for an entertaining night, indeed!

Thank you, Kiwi, and I agree! It made me nervous to only have those photos in the slide format. A few were faded but luckily, most of them were in mint condition. Last Christmas we viewed a couple of the reels using the slide projector, which was fun using equipment that is as old as I am! This Christmas we will view them on a big tv.  The kids (who are all young adults) enjoy seeing pics of their parents and grandparents as young children and teenagers. It makes for an entertaining night, indeed!

I was helping my mom clean out the loft the other day, when I discovered tons of old photos (a lot of which I didn't even know existed! :D ) spanning the lives of my mom and dad (from childhood, adolescence and adult hood), my family's days on board ship and even a few of my late paternal grandfather and maternal great grandmother (of whom I did not know very much, as they passed away when I was a kid) and it was fascinating (to say the least!) and I actually felt as if I had won the lottery! :lol: There were even a few of me, as a baby taken on Christmas Eve, 1988 (I couldn't even recognize myself and I actually asked my mom, who the baby was, in the photos! :lol: ). Just a few photos were damaged luckily and you Debbie, have certainly inspired me to digitalize these family photos! :friends: Your Christmas certainly sounds like a special one! :) 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

I have been urged and prodded to post this photo for days. My resistance has worn down and in the spirit of Christmas, I am giving in...Merry Christmas.

20151220_155924.thumb.jpg.57ec1ac479f063

Resistance? Come now, Strider! Don't be shy! :wave: It's only us fellow Zep Heads here and if anyone, I mean anyone says anything mean, I will hunt them down and kick their behinds! I've got your back, Jack! ;) 

Honestly, if I could choose an appropriate photographic representation of that really cool yet subtle growl emitted by Robert Plant on 'For Your Life', your photo will be it!! :thumbsup: B) 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Honestly, if there was an award for the most action packed holiday photo posted on the forums, you and Strider, will be sharing that award! :thumbsup: 

Cheers for sharing these photos, gentlemen! B) 

Thanks Kiwi for the compliment on behalf of the Doctor Lecter cooking society :D

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 11:08 AM, IpMan said:

C'mon Steve, she is a lady, not a piece of meat. You can do better than that.

Sheesh, man!
The lovely "planted" and SteveAJones have bantered back and forth for years.
If the 'hall monitors' who report to the principal(s) did not put Jones into a week of detention hall, and planted is cool with Steve's comment, then, well....

planted, excellent "mood" photo!

18 hours ago, jabe said:

Sheesh, man!
The lovely "planted" and SteveAJones have bantered back and forth for years.
If the 'hall monitors' who report to the principal(s) did not put Jones into a week of detention hall, and planted is cool with Steve's comment, then, well....

planted, excellent "mood" photo!

Thanks for the kind words, jabe.  And your statement was beautifully put.  

I never meant to start another riff on the forum, just playing along like everyone else.

And for the record, I am cool with both SAJ and IpMan's comments.  You know who I've have the most trouble with on this forum?  OTHER WOMEN, go figure.  I am a married woman who is looking down the barrel at 50. Please.

Rock on, brothers and sisters.