On the Radio

Juliet

"What Is and What Should Never Be" was on the radio on my way to work this afternoon. It was on 97.1 'The Drive' here in the Chicagoland area.

It's extra awesome to me because it's my favorite song off of Zep II.

Edited by BlackDog71

• 1 month later...

If you hear a Zep tune, a tune from any of the solo works or Raising Sand, you may post it...

I'll start...

WHOLE LOTTA LOVE..

This afternoon on FM 96...a station in London, Ontario, CANADA

I just noticed this thread. I've heard more Zeppelin songs on the radio than I could count.

What actually caught my attention here was the FM96 reference. That was my station of choice back in my college days at University of Western Ontario. Oh, the memories...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I used the title for this thread ON THE RADIO...I was referring to fm as well as all the new types of stations...

This past week I heard Moby Dick and Black Dog on fm 96

Juliet

PS I tried to "quote" Amstel's post but the quote function is not working for me..

Edited by Juliet

FM radio needs a complete overhaul across the country!

It's so aggrevating hearing bands like Boston, Styx, Journey, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, 80's & beyond Aerosmith, 80's and beyond ZZ Top, Kansas, Def Leppard, and all the other crap bands, mixed in with the same ole' Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, etc., etc. - songs.

It's going to take someone with deep pockets to swoop in, buy a major FM radio station, and then put the right people in place that know what real music is and know what listeners like myself want to hear.

I never listen to FM - I haven't in more than 10 years. Why have someone else dictate what I want to listen to?

Why is it that we will never be able to hear Machine Gun by Jimi Hendrix? Instead, we're force fed Come Sail Away 100 times in a week - F'n ridiculous!

FM radio needs a complete overhaul across the country!

It's so aggrevating hearing bands like Boston, Styx, Journey, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, 80's & beyond Aerosmith, 80's and beyond ZZ Top, Kansas, Def Leppard, and all the other crap bands, mixed in with the same ole' Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, etc., etc. - songs.

It's going to take someone with deep pockets to swoop in, buy a major FM radio station, and then put the right people in place that know what real music is and know what listeners like myself want to hear.

I never listen to FM - I haven't in more than 10 years. Why have someone else dictate what I want to listen to?

Why is it that we will never be able to hear Machine Gun by Jimi Hendrix? Instead, we're force fed Come Sail Away 100 times in a week - F'n ridiculous!

Great post!! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...