On the Radio

Juliet

The family that listens to Zep together....stays together....

When I visit her, my mother and I have frequent conversations about this wonderful site, Robert and Alison's CD...and of course my teen years when Zep was together...it is a bonding experience...

Juliet :thumbsup:

Edited by Juliet

The family that listens to Zep together....stays together....

When I visit her, my mother and I have frequent conversations about this wonderful site, Robert and Alison's CD...and of course my teen years when Zep was together...it is a bonding experience...

Juliet :thumbsup:

I think I get on my moms nerves sometimes...

But it's ok, I think she doesn't mind. I owe my Zeppelin fan-ness (new word) to her...

• 2 weeks later...

Q107 is having some sort of "solo" themed weekend. They're playing songs by band members who have gone solo. A few Robert Plant songs have been played so far which is nice to hear since it's rare these days.

i think i've been mentioning 90.7fm wfuv, ny, a couple of yrs by now, can be found online as well. its not a hard rock station, but they embraced the -plant/krauss cd, cause of alison krauss ofcourse. but its a nice station for someone like me, who grew up with too much commercial radio and can't take it anymore. its the the only station i will listen too in ny.

BLACK DOG

Today

ROCK 101...THE ROCK STATION.....Erie P.A.

J B)

PS Welcome to those who have recently joined the site and made a reply in this thread..and thanks to all who have made replies

Edited by Juliet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's just me getting older, but most of Classic Rock station playlists have become really stale - only a shallow representation of a given artist's catalogue, usually their most well-known hits, is ever selected. For example:

Zeppelin: Whole Lotta Love, Ramble On, Levee, Black Dog, Rock and Roll, a few others

Pink Floyd: Time, Money, Comfortably Numb

Beatles: A Day in the Life, Let It Be, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Come Together

Stones: Gimme Shelter, Sympathy For the Devil, Jumpin' Jack Flash

Who: Won't Get Fooled Again, Behind Blue Eyes

Eagles: Hotel California, Life In the Fast Lane

AC/DC: You Shook Me All Night Long, Highway to Hell

Hendrix: All Along the Watchtower, Purple Haze

Sabbath: Iron Man, Paranoid, War Pigs

Deep Purple: Smoke on the Water, Highway Star

T. Rex: Get It On (Bang a Gong)

Skynyrd: Sweet Home Alabama, Free Bird

Etc... I suppose it depends on the station, and not that these aren't all great songs, but when I am elected Emperor of the Universe these cuts will be forbidden on Classic Rock radio, to be replaced by:

Zeppelin: Tea For One, The Rover, Bron-y-Aur, Trampled Underfoot

Floyd: The Nile Song, Goodbye Blue Sky

Beatles: Flying, Mother Nature's Son, Rain, Tomorrow Never Knows

Stones: Little T&A, Dancing With Mr. D, Hot Stuff, All About You, Sweet Black Angel, Dandelion, Salt of the Earth

Who: Pictures of Lily, Magic Bus

Eagles: Lyin' Eyes

AC/DC: Soul Stripper, Live Wire, Little Lover, You Ain't Got a Hold On Me, Bad Boy Boogie

Hendrix: Angel, Drifting, Little Wing, Little Miss Lover

Sabbath: Warning, Children of the Grave, Snowblind, Laguna Sunrise, Dirty Women, It's Alright

Deep Purple: Lazy

T. Rex: Jeepster, Telegram Sam, Raw Ramp, Metal Guru, The Soul of My Suit

Skynyrd: The Needle and the Spoon, Swamp Music

A man can dream, can't he?

ThewaythatyoupushpushpushpushyouknowIcouldn'ttaketoomuchofthat....

Maybe it's just me getting older, but most of Classic Rock station playlists have become really stale - only a shallow representation of a given artist's catalogue, usually their most well-known hits, is ever selected. For example:

Zeppelin: Whole Lotta Love, Ramble On, Levee, Black Dog, Rock and Roll, a few others

Pink Floyd: Time, Money, Comfortably Numb

Beatles: A Day in the Life, Let It Be, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Come Together

Stones: Gimme Shelter, Sympathy For the Devil, Jumpin' Jack Flash

Who: Won't Get Fooled Again, Behind Blue Eyes

Eagles: Hotel California, Life In the Fast Lane

AC/DC: You Shook Me All Night Long, Highway to Hell

Hendrix: All Along the Watchtower, Purple Haze

Sabbath: Iron Man, Paranoid, War Pigs

Deep Purple: Smoke on the Water, Highway Star

T. Rex: Get It On (Bang a Gong)

Skynyrd: Sweet Home Alabama, Free Bird

Etc... I suppose it depends on the station, and not that these aren't all great songs, but when I am elected Emperor of the Universe these cuts will be forbidden on Classic Rock radio, to be replaced by:

Zeppelin: Tea For One, The Rover, Bron-y-Aur, Trampled Underfoot

Floyd: The Nile Song, Goodbye Blue Sky

Beatles: Flying, Mother Nature's Son, Rain, Tomorrow Never Knows

Stones: Little T&A, Dancing With Mr. D, Hot Stuff, All About You, Sweet Black Angel, Dandelion, Salt of the Earth

Who: Pictures of Lily, Magic Bus

Eagles: Lyin' Eyes

AC/DC: Soul Stripper, Live Wire, Little Lover, You Ain't Got a Hold On Me, Bad Boy Boogie

Hendrix: Angel, Drifting, Little Wing, Little Miss Lover

Sabbath: Warning, Children of the Grave, Snowblind, Laguna Sunrise, Dirty Women, It's Alright

Deep Purple: Lazy

T. Rex: Jeepster, Telegram Sam, Raw Ramp, Metal Guru, The Soul of My Suit

Skynyrd: The Needle and the Spoon, Swamp Music

A man can dream, can't he?

ThewaythatyoupushpushpushpushyouknowIcouldn'ttaketoomuchofthat....

Sirius satellite radio does have a channel called "Deep Tracks", channel 16, that does play alot of the songs on your list.

Deep Tracks

Loved your book, by the way. :)

Ok, I have no clue what station it was, but it's one that you can get through iTunes. "This is Jimmy Page" and I almost choked (why do I always have drink in my mouth when something like that happens?) I finally found a station on iTunes with Led Zeppelin in the description (Journey to the epicenter of Rock with Led Zeppelin, The Doors, The Who, Van Halen, Hendrix, The Stones, Rush, and many more.) called IcebergRadio.com.

And It's also the only station on here that won't play :angry:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im hoping someone can help answer a question I have about a song I heard in approximately 1979.

I taped it off of the radio.  I thought it rocked.  I did not know what band it was.  I played it for a friend of mine, a real Beatles freak, and she said it was the Rolling Stones.

At the time, I played it for my father, and he thought that a section of it was pure, awful sounding noise.  I remember a section of it was kind of noisy, and sounded like a train.

I now think the song was Whole Lotta Love.  This would mean that I was drawn to Led Zeppelin even before I actually discovered them, a few years later in high school.

Question:  can anyone name a Rolling Stones Song that has an instrumental, "noisy" section that could be mistaken for the violin bow section of Whole Lotta Love?

Zeppelin rules  Im a 41 year old mother of two that recently rediscovered them, thanks to XM Radio.

Website I designed for pay day loans calgary company.

Sirius satellite radio does have a channel called "Deep Tracks", channel 16, that does play alot of the songs on your list.

Deep Tracks

Loved your book, by the way. :)

Channel 40 on XM, it's awesome! :yay: I like because they also play more obscure stuff by the Beatles, and some of my favorite Beatles and Zep songs are the obscure stuff. :D I wish they'd resurrect Led Zeppelin Radio!

:peace:,

Jo