Grateful Dead

Styrbjorn

I tried to keep up reading about the recent shows online, interesting stuff. Like garcias daughter was commenting that trey anastasio was holding back out of respect for the band and jerry and she wished he just went for it and was himself. As the shows went on, apparently he did and the band loved it...and kept up and it became something else, so cool to read about.

Cnn had the footage of the rainbow over the stadium in california. Then i went online to read about it and there was thoughts on it being a fabricated silicon valley rainbow. A rainbow controversy...haha, last i read it was real though.

Also read an interview with robert hunter, lyricist, where he thought he and jerry garcia were just getting started with, days between, song. How he felt that cocaine was a huge factor in the 70s on how it affected the dynamic of the band and hindered communication.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
19 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

attachment-Dead-Co-goodbye.jpg.fb1dd61e9a2808da9466a949233389ec.jpg

Dead and Company Play Final Show: Videos and Setlist - https://ultimateclassicrock.com/dead-and-company-final-show/

An amazing era comes to an end. John Mayer was an amazing addition to this touring ensemble. He was so locked in with the band. Glad I got to see the two NYC shows at Citi Field a few weeks ago. They were so on for them as they were for the whole tour. All in all, I saw Dead & Company 11 times beginning in June, 2016.