Badgeholders vs Eddie

snapper

Everybody's always raved about Listen to This Eddie, but I've always felt that

For Badgeholders Only was by far the better performance and recording.

Yeah, TSRTS is missing, but that doesn't bother me beacause Sick Again is just so fucking brilliant it doesn't matter. They were all playing out of their minds on this night and having a really good time doing it. Thank God Mike Millard was there.

If I had I time machine that could only go back to one 1977 Zeppelin show,

I'd be at the L.A Forum on June 23rd.

FBO has always held a special place in my heart...perhaps because it was one of the first shows I got my hands on way back when. That whole L.A. run of shows is just wonderful though. I'm just not a huge fan of the '77 performances, I like them, don't get me wrong, but given a preference I'll take the '73 tour anyday!

LTTE is better sound, but FBO is overall a better show (the Kashmir train wreck notwithstanding). Best versions of No Quarter and "Ten Years Bonham" ever. ;)

June 23, 1977 to these ears is the best Zep gig ever. If you ignore Kashmir. :lol:

Agreed. I have a question for anyone out there. How the hell could the band have not properly documented (audio/video) a few of the L.A Forum shows from the 77' tour?

They were there, what, 5 nights? Yeah, thanks to Mike Millard the audio bootlegs are really good, but damn .... how I wish these shows had been professionally captured.

Agreed. I have a question for anyone out there. How the hell could the band have not properly documented (audio/video) a few of the L.A Forum shows from the 77' tour?

They were there, what, 5 nights? Yeah, thanks to Mike Millard the audio bootlegs are really good, but damn .... how I wish these shows had been professionally captured.

I think that perhaps these shows HAVE been documented. But nobody's talking...

Eddie is probably the better performance, but Badgholders may be the better boot.

Hmmm. I'd call it the opposite. Again, except for Kashmir.

Badgeholders' version of No Quarter is even better than the LTTE version. Sheer power in the middle jam, Jimmy and Bonzo are spot-on. After all these years it still gives me the shivers...

Hmmm. I'd call it the opposite. Again, except for Kashmir.

Badgeholders' version of No Quarter is even better than the LTTE version. Sheer power in the middle jam, Jimmy and Bonzo are spot-on. After all these years it still gives me the shivers...

I'm not a fan of the overblown '77 versions of NQ, I much prefer the more compact '73 & '75 NQ's, but it's all subjective.

Badgeholders has the best live version of NFBM and a great Sick Again, where "Eddie" has an awesome TSRTS and 10 Years Gone (cut notwithstanding.)

Both are essential.

I've always preferred Eddie, but I think I'll have to listen to both soon and decide. It's been awhile.

I do like how Eddie has "Heartbreaker." It's a riot to hear the guy screaming for it all night, and then he goes nuts when they launch into it. Classic.

Badegholders was one of my first boots back in the late 70's and it's still one of my favorites. Granted I haven't heard every version on ever boot, but for my money Badgeholders has the best versions of Sick Again, NFBM, TYG and ever other song is great.

I bought Eddie in the late 80's and thought it was very good, but the performance was noticably better on Badgeholders.

I was really suprised that people on these boards start touting Eddie as THE boot of the '77 tour.

All I'll say is compare the boots song by song and Badgeholders should definitely come out on top.

If you don't have Badgeholder....Get it!

Archived