Coverdale/Page

Cat

Coverdale has been saying of late he would like to remaster the CP album. As it is 20 years since the album came out, I wonder if that would be a good enough excuse to remaster.

I believe, if I'm not mistaken, Coverdale took legal action against Geffen around publishing control of the Slidie it In, Whitesnake (1987) album, Slip of the Tongue and the Coverdale Page album. Since he has recently remastered the Slide it In, Whitesnake and Slip albums I would think that he also retains publishing right's to the CP album. DC made reference at one point to the extra tracks from CP (which are anywhere between 4 and 6) that was involved in the suit. So if there was to be a Coverdale Page remastered package one would assume these tracks would be included.

And yes, there was deep animosity toward Brian Goode from DC's camp. However, Page and Coverdale have remained friends in the years since ... so I guess from a personal level it worked out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the people interested in magazine articles - the latest issue of the German Rocks magazine includes a 10 page Coverdale / Page feature...

OMG! Coverdale looks really scary on the cover - like he's been mummified! When plastic surgery goes wrong!

OMG! Coverdale looks really scary on the cover - like he's been mummified! When plastic surgery goes wrong!

He was a handsome man. I always dug his eyes. Of course, I've never met him but on film and in photos they appear to be a clear, glass green color; unusual. I always thought his natural brown hair color made them stand out more. Plus, he has the facial bone structure that usually holds up well as one ages. Pity, he didn't feel he could let nature take its course. Alas, celebrities don't seek my advice about these matters.

I couldn't have said it better. When he had his natural hair color in Deep Purple/Early Whitesnake days he was extremely attractive (my second favorite, next to Robert, of course). Why he bleached his hair and had so much plastic surgery done is beyond me because he looked fine the way he was. Now he is a mess! Still love his voice though....

He was a handsome man. I always dug his eyes. Of course, I've never met him but on film and in photos they appear to be a clear, glass green color; unusual. I always thought his natural brown hair color made them stand out more. Plus, he has the facial bone structure that usually holds up well as one ages. Pity, he didn't feel he could let nature take its course. Alas, celebrities don't seek my advice about these matters.

I couldn't have said it better. When he had his natural hair color in Deep Purple/Early Whitesnake days he was extremely attractive (my second favorite, next to Robert, of course). Why he bleached his hair and had so much plastic surgery done is beyond me because he looked fine the way he was. Now he is a mess! Still love his voice though....

It's bizzarre why he would want to go back to the hair metal look of the late 80s when he is 62!!! He looks ridiculous and i remember him swearing years ago he would never have plastic surgery! When he released Into the Light back in 2000 he had his hair back to it's natural brown and in a shorter trendy style - he looked great!

It's bizzarre why he would want to go back to the hair metal look of the late 80s when he is 62!!! He looks ridiculous and i remember him swearing years ago he would never have plastic surgery! When he released Into the Light back in 2000 he had his hair back to it's natural brown and in a shorter trendy style - he looked great!

Yes, he did. I remember seeing an interview on TV and thinking that he was aging mighty well.

20 years ago, in 1993, you released a solo album in collaboration with Jimmy Page. How has been to working with Jimmy Page and what are your memories from that record?

whitesnake-interview-3.jpg

Wonderful memories and we maintain a wonderful friendship. I’m looking forward to seeing him in London soon to discuss putting together a special edition of “Coverdale Page” project…

They might be working together again. :D I am suprised this has not been posted yet.

http://www.metalpaths.com/interviews/2013/05/08/interview-whitesnake-david-coverdale/

I wouldn't hold my breath on a C/P special re-release anytime soon as cash-strapped EMI has been asking for over three years now:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/132369

What I like about Bob, is that he has not gone under the knife, aging gracefully, has Dave aged poorly on the face or did he really go under the knife?

I suspect it's the latter. His current hairstyle doesn't help either.

• 4 weeks later...

from blabbermouth...and classic rock...

According to Classic Rock magazine, WHITESNAKE frontman David Coverdale wants to personally apologize to Robert Plant for the "ugly things" he said about the LED ZEPPELIN singer nearly two decades ago.

Plant and Coverdale famously traded verbal jabs after the former DEEP PURPLE vocalist teamed up with LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page for the short-lived 1993 COVERDALE-PAGE album and tour,

In interviews at the time, Plant openly expressed his disdain for theWHITESNAKE singer, referring to him as "David Cover-version."Coverdale was equally vitriolic in his response, saying about the LED ZEPPELIN frontman, "There's certainly no love lost between myself andRobert… I wouldn't send him cat food if he was starving."

During an interview set to be broadcast next Wednesday (June 19) onTeamRock Radio's "Classic Rock Magazine Show", Coverdale offered an olive branch to Plant.

"My last words to Jimmy in London were: 'I'd love to buy Robert a drink,'"Coverdale told "Classic Rock Magazine Show" host Nicky Horne. "I said, 'When you speak to him, offer my sincere regrets for any negative things I've ever said, which were mostly defensive.'"

Coverdale continued: "I hold him [Plant] in the highest esteem as a human being, and as an artist, and I really would like to, you know, sit down, buy him a drink, shake hands and say: 'I'm really sorry," you know, "Can we be friends again?'

“[Out of] my love and respect for Jimmy, I know he'll pass that on to Robert — and Robert might go and tell him to [expletive] himself, who knows, but I don't hold any animosity, just disappointment in myself that I took the bait and ran with some ugly things. Because it's not appropriate for somebody I respect so much."

Edited by the chase