Favourite movie scene?

Jarlaxle 56

Okay, I just read that again, and realized I am a fucking dork. So I'm gonna go for all the way and say I really liked "The Dark Crystal," too, when all the little squishy people are playing their instruments and dancing around. :P Love it!

the hanson brothers in slap shot and the strip scene at the end

You cheap son of a bitch. Are you crazy? Those guys are retards!

I got a good deal on those boys. The scout said they showed a lot of promise.

They brought their fuckin' toys with 'em!

I'd rather have 'em play with their toys than with themselves.

They're too dumb to play with themselves.

Indiana Jones shooting the guy instead of having a sword fight with him (forget which Indy it was)

Raiders of the Lost Ark. I love that scene.

I love the scene in Kingdom of Heaven when Balian asks Saladin what Jerusalem means and he says, "Nothing," then walks a few paces away and turns around and says "Everything." That whole settling of terms scene is fantastic.

Also, the whole opening of Gladiator in Germania is incredible, and especially moving is the part where Marcus Aurelius tells Commodus that his failings as a son are really his as a father.

Then there's that incredible moment in Polanski's Tess where Alec puts his hand behind his back to help Tess onto his horse--an almost tender gesture--and yet we all know he's taking her off to force her.

I absolutely love the scene in Chariots of Fire when Nigel Havers runs his course of hurdles with champagne glasses on the ends. Gorgeous.

Scarlett (GWTW, obviously): I'll come to your hanging. I just hope it'll be soon enough to pay the taxes on Tara.

Lauren Bacall in To Have and to Have Not: You do know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? (that has to be one of the hottest lines ever)

GoodFellas

The whole fuckin' movie.....

Word my brother!! :D

One of my all time faves is the scene from Young Frankenstein where Freddy has to go in with the monster. I can't find a link to the proper scene, but I think I can nail it from memory.

Freddy: Bring me that candle

Igor and Inga: No

Frau Blucher: Yesssssss!

Freddy: I'm going in there. Now whatever you hear in there. No matter how cruely I beg you. No matter how terribly I may scream, do NOT open this door or you'll undo everything that I have worked for! Do you understand? DO NOT OPEN THIS DOOR!!!

Frau Blucher: Yes doktor

Igor: Nice working with you!

Freddy enters the cell, bumps a table and rouses the monster who growls

Freddy: Let me out. Let me out of here! Get me the hell out of here! JESUS CHRIST I WAS JOKING! DON'T YOU KNOW A JOKE WHEN YOU HEAR ONE? HAHAHAHAHA! OPEN THIS GODDAMN DOOR OR I'LL KICK YOUR ROTTEN HEADS IN! MOMMY!

Monster growls and lunges. Freddy mumbles to himself, and suddenly points to the monster

Freddy: Hello handsome!

monster looks from side to side wondering who's "handsome"

Freddy: You're a good looking fellow you know that? People laugh at you. People hate you, but why do they hate you? Because they are JEALOUS!! Look at that boyish face. Look at that sweet smile. Do you want to talk about physical strength? Do you want to talk about the olympian ideal? You are a god! And you are not evil. You are GOOD!

monster collapses into Freddy's arms and sobs uncontrolloably

Freddy (consoling): It's okay. There's a good boy. There's a nice boy! There's a mother's angel!

Freddy kisses the monster's forehead

I'm going to teach you how to walk, how to move, how think, how to speak!

Freddy gets louder and more manic

Together you and I are going to show the world the greatest single contributuion to science since the creation of fire!!!

Monster looks up at Freddy like "Who the hell is this guy?"

PRICELESS!!! I think I got it mostly right.

Wow, I've seen this film waaay too many times!! :blink:

Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver looking in the mirror saying "You talkin to me?"

Al Pacino in Scarface, "Say hello to my little friend!!!"

Johnny Depp's boat entrance as Captain Jack in the 1st Pirates of the Carribean(it just took my breath away!)

Depp and Benecio Del Toro in the hotel room scene in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (can't remember what they were saying, but it was genius to watch them interact like that!)

Denzel Washington at the end of Training Day, "King Kong ain't got nothing on me!"

This is all I can think of right now. B)

Heres a couple of my faves

Lost In Translation

The end scene with Bill Murray and Scarlett Johanson which I wont go into detial about as it will spooil the film for those who aint seen it.

Easy Rider

The scene were Jack Nicholson character gets stoned for the first time the conversation is priceless.

Excalibur

The opening sequence is so beautfully shot with a great soundtrack to back it up ace film all round.

Pirates Of The Carrabean

The sequence were Jack Sparrow is introduced into the film cracks me up everytime I see it.

I could probably sit here all morning and list hundreds. A couple of quick ones (all these movies are great IMO in their entirety):

The last scene in Planet of the Apes. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it but it's chilling

on several levels, not the least of which is that we have a sort of God's eye view of Charlton Heston on the beach.

The opening of 2001: A Space Odyssey. The dawn of man sequence with the apes, the bone, and the obelisk. And, of course, the music.

The scene in Schindler's List when the little boy is hiding in the latrine and is looking up toward the sun and his face is bathed in light.

The opening scene of Apocalypse Now with the helicopters circling to The Doors' The End.

Easy Rider

The scene were Jack Nicholson character gets stoned for the first time the conversation is priceless.

Yes! It is!

I ABSOLUTELY love the part in office space when the guy says " i see you've been missing alot of work" and ron livingston replies "well i really wouldn't say i've been "missing" it "! im sorry but that just classic!! :hysterical:

That is sooooo the movie I need to watch today!!!

my fav. sexy scene was phoebe cates, undoing her bikini top... wow!!!!!

funniest,, was madeline kahn, in both, blazing saddles and young frankenstein, had small roles, which to me, made both movies.

my fav. action scene, is any from kill bill vol I

Perhaps Gene Hackman's final scene in the original Poseidon Adventure (1972):

The preacher has led the few survivors (all believers in him) through the overturned

ocean liner but they have lost several of their loved ones along the way. Now a blast

of steam prevents them all from reaching their final destination - the engine room.

Accepting his fate of a certain death the preacher makes a final leap of faith and

grabs onto the turn wheel for closing the steam valve. His flesh is being scalded

as he berates God: "...How many more lives! You want another life take mine!"

Slowly but surely he closes the valve shut and the steam blast stops. He commands

one of the survivor's to get the others through and then drops into the fires below.

An epic saga and an epic film.

Wow; lots of good ones already! One of my favorite movies is "Love Actually"; there are so many great scenes...

Billy Bob Thornton playing the President of the US :blink:

=========

Sam: By the way, I feel bad. I never asked you how your love life is going.

Daniel: [mock chuckles] No. As you know, that was a done deal long ago. Unless, of course, Claudia Schiffer calls, in which case I want you out of the house straight away, you wee motherless mongrel.

Sam: Oh?

Daniel: No, no, we'll want to have sex in every room. Including yours.

========

Hugh Grant dancing around the Prime Minister's residence to "Jump!"

=========

Harry: Tell me, exactly, how long it is that you've been working here?

Sarah: Two years, seven months, three days and, I suppose, what, two hours?

Harry: And how long have you been in love with Karl, our enigmatic chief designer?

Sarah: Ahm, two years, seven months, three days and, I suppose, an hour and thirty minutes.

Harry: I thought as much.

Sarah: Do you think everybody knows?

Harry: Yes.

Sarah: Do you think Karl knows?

Harry: Yes.

Sarah: Oh, that is- that is bad news.

Harry: Well I just thought maybe the time had come to do something about it.

Sarah: Like what?

Harry: Invite him out for a drink and then after about twenty minutes casually drop into the conversation the fact that you'd like to marry him and have lots of sex and babies.

Sarah: You know that?

Harry: Yes. And so does Karl. Think about it. For all our sakes. It's Christmas.

Sarah: Certainly. Excellent. Will do. Thanks, boss.

=========

And when Jamie proposes to Aurelia :wub:

Near the end of the movie Dracula dead and Luvin' it when renfield rips the roof back and the sun hits Leslie Nielson and burns him to a crisp you see the two little eyes from the pile of ashes look up at him and say "asshole!" :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Near the end of the movie Dracula dead and Luvin' it when renfield rips the roof back and the sun hits Leslie Nielson and burns him to a crisp you see the two little eyes from the pile of ashes look up at him and say "asshole!" :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I love that movie! :D

I love the part when he's trying to get Lucy to come to the window and the maid gets caught up in it.

"Coooome to the window.........no, you sit down, YOU come to the window. No,......both of you sit down. Now, you stay there, and you come to the window"

I can't remember it completely, but man. :D

a few of my favorites:

the kitchen scene with just the kids and the raptors in Jurassic park...

forest talking to Jenny at her grave...

singing tiny dancer in almost famous...

Scarletts last words after Rhett leaves her for good....

the entire cartoon scene of Mary Poppins...

anytime the kid in The Shining wheels around on his tricycle...

the airplane chase in North by Northwest!

I could go on..

forest talking to Jenny at her grave...

That scene always gets me, the other 2 in that movie that get me worse is when Forrest is speaking in Washington and Jenny wades in the Reflecting Pool and screams out his name and he runs out there and they hug in the water. The second one is when Jenny tells him that her son is his, and he (obviously worried that his son is like him) tries to ask her if he's smart and she tells him he's the smartest boy in his class.

Archived