Favourite movie scene?

Jarlaxle 56

One of my favorite movies, that I just discovered is Love Actually, and Bill Nighy plays an aging rock star there's a scene where he's being interviewed at a radio station and his response to the questions are hilarious!

I can watch that movie over and over and not get tired of it, I haven't laughed so much in years! Absolutely incredible!

One of my favorite movies, that I just discovered is Love Actually, and Bill Nighy plays an aging rock star there's a scene where he's being interviewed at a radio station and his response to the questions are hilarious!

I can watch that movie over and over and not get tired of it, I haven't laughed so much in years! Absolutely incredible!

'This festering turd of an album...' :lol:

It's also totally hilarious when he flashes Parkinson. ('You old flirt') (ok, yes I do have the Bill N. parts of that film memorized)

Hi all,

The scene in blazing saddles when the guy punches the hores out cold.

Then there is the whole sheriff one.

The greatest comedy of all time!

Could it be made today?,....no way Pedro!

Beans,Mr Taggert?

And the GREATEST line in film history:

Olson Johnson: All right, we'll give some land to the niggers and the chinks, but we DON'T WANT THE IRISH.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

KB (Irish!)

Army of Darkness

Alright, you primitive screw-heads, listen up! See this? This... is my boomstick! - [continuing nonchalantly] - It's a twelve-gauge, double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt-blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right... shop smart. Shop S-Mart... You got that?!!

Evil Ash: [to his skeleton minions, who are digging up corpses in a graveyard] Dig, damn you! Dig faster! I shall command every worm-infested son-of-a-bitch that ever died in battle!

Skeleton: Thank you, sir!

At the same age I also liked Charles Bronson movies, too, especially the ones with beautiful Jill Ireland.

The scene in 'Deathwish' where Bronson asks the punk who's wearing a cross:

'You believe in Jesus, boy?'

'Yessir'

'Well, you're about to meet him'

:D

Off the top of the ol noodle and in no particular order

- Senator and Mrs. John Blutarsky, Washington DC from Animal House

- Robert Duvall's entire 20min scene as Col. Kilgore in Apocalypse Now

- The entire ending to the Shawshank Redemption.

- Chief Brody has a quit moment at the dinner table with his son in Jaws

- Rodney Dangerfield's entrance and dancing to Journey in Caddyshack

- Young Barry's abduction in Close Encounters of the Third Kind

- The Chief finally speaks to Randall P. McMurphy in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

- The ending shootout in LA Confidential

- Black Mamba vs. California Mountain Snake in Kill Bill Vol. 2

- The entire ending to the Blues Brothers

- Cape St. Francis, South Africa surf session from the Endless Summer

- Steve McQueen hauling ass in his sparkle green 68 Mustang in Bullitt

- Gene Hackman as Lex Luther in Superman I and II

- Rudy finally gets to play at the ending of Rudy

- Marty McFly plays Johnny B. Goode for the school dance in Back to the Future

- Raoul Duke asking the circus performer how much he wants for the ape in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

- Sean Connery from start to finish in Thunderball

- The toilet scene from Dumb & Dumber

- Ace Ventura visits the Shady Acres Mental Hospital in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Ehh thats enough for now. Hundreds more.

In Woody Allen's "Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex But Where Afraid To Ask"

Gene Wilder's character was a phyciatrist who fell in love with his patient's

sheep, Dolly.Although she was a very pretty sheep.Could be another thread.

Anyways, He's in a hotel room in bed with "Dolly" and she's in garter's and stockings,

[also another thread idea] when the door bursts open and his wife is there with her lawyer and the media taking pictures and Gene says.... "Wait a minute.. I can explain,this is a patient of mine.

She thinks she's a sheep." :lol:

:lol:Great movie! I find ANY scene that Gene Wilder is in is a favorite.

It was a really bad hair day for me on this Friday so long ago.

I never recived my royalties for this movie.

Thanks Mel.

See you soon!

passion-of-the-christ.jpg

Good joke. The scene at the beginning of The Passion of The Christ.....before the movie began actually, it's just a frame.....the scripture Isaiah 53:5.....now THAT is my very favorite movie scene, no joke.

Wow; lots of good ones already! One of my favorite movies is "Love Actually"; there are so many great scenes...

Billy Bob Thornton playing the President of the US :blink:

=========

Sam: By the way, I feel bad. I never asked you how your love life is going.

Daniel: [mock chuckles] No. As you know, that was a done deal long ago. Unless, of course, Claudia Schiffer calls, in which case I want you out of the house straight away, you wee motherless mongrel.

Sam: Oh?

Daniel: No, no, we'll want to have sex in every room. Including yours.

========

Hugh Grant dancing around the Prime Minister's residence to "Jump!"

=========

Harry: Tell me, exactly, how long it is that you've been working here?

Sarah: Two years, seven months, three days and, I suppose, what, two hours?

Harry: And how long have you been in love with Karl, our enigmatic chief designer?

Sarah: Ahm, two years, seven months, three days and, I suppose, an hour and thirty minutes.

Harry: I thought as much.

Sarah: Do you think everybody knows?

Harry: Yes.

Sarah: Do you think Karl knows?

Harry: Yes.

Sarah: Oh, that is- that is bad news.

Harry: Well I just thought maybe the time had come to do something about it.

Sarah: Like what?

Harry: Invite him out for a drink and then after about twenty minutes casually drop into the conversation the fact that you'd like to marry him and have lots of sex and babies.

Sarah: You know that?

Harry: Yes. And so does Karl. Think about it. For all our sakes. It's Christmas.

Sarah: Certainly. Excellent. Will do. Thanks, boss.

=========

And when Jamie proposes to Aurelia :wub:

I thought I was the only person out there who had seen the movie, it's nice to see someone who likes it as much as I do, haven't laughed sooo much in years, my kids and I watched in Spanish and it doesn't lose it's translation, just as funny. Cheers to you!

• 4 weeks later...
I thought I was the only person out there who had seen the movie, it's nice to see someone who likes it as much as I do, haven't laughed sooo much in years, my kids and I watched in Spanish and it doesn't lose it's translation, just as funny. Cheers to you!

Thanks! I only just now saw your message :) I struggle a bit regarding movies for my 14 year old. She has seen a couple of R rated movies (both Bridget Jones films and Gladiator, that I know of, lol); I'm not sure about LA though (other than the Judy scenes, I would be fine with it; but I can never remember when they are coming up to skip them).

Few more of my fave movie scenes as i posted a few a while back.

The scene in TSRTS were Robert Plant is sitting under the tree and eating the mushroom the music during this part i just love its beautiful.

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

The ending is priceless but I Wont go into any detials as it spoilS the ending for anyone who hasnt seen it yet.

The scene from 'The Sand Pebbles' when McQueen shot his coolie as the Chinese brutes were cutting him to pieces. Afterwards, McQueen went to the engine room to cry for his friend.

Very sad movie.

:(

Archived