Robert Plant interview with Esquire Magazine

I don't know, this is weird. The other day, the person who started the America isn't America thread was going on about how he knows the actual "lady" from Stairway to Heaven, and something about her having to do jury duty and how that's somehow related to a government conspiracy..... really bizarre. Maybe there are some people who think they actually know Zeppelin, though they've never met them. Aren't you glad you're not famous? I sure am! LOL. That would be creepy to think about obsessed fans.

I don't know, this is weird. The other day, the person who started the America isn't America thread was going on about how he knows the actual "lady" from Stairway to Heaven, and something about her having to do jury duty and how that's somehow related to a government conspiracy..... really bizarre. Maybe there are some people who think they actually know Zeppelin, though they've never met them. Aren't you glad you're not famous? I sure am! LOL. That would be creepy to think about obsessed fans.

Yes, my boyfriend wasn't famous; I always liked that about him. He wasn't just another useless famous person.

Amazing as individuals who don`t know famous artist, would have no clue who the famous artist do know, and those who are not in the know on any level are making irrational statements regarding things that they have no Knowlegde of. Websters-ig.no.rant:uninformed,missing pieces of information

Amazing as individuals who don`t know famous artist, would have no clue who the famous artist do know, and those who are not in the know on any level are making irrational statements regarding things that they have no Knowlegde of. Websters-ig.no.rant:uninformed,missing pieces of information

:wtf:

Not to dump on Robert like I have seen some do on here, but his reasoning here bothers me a little. Specifically, I am confused when he refers to the "self-indulgent" aspect of the O2 show. My OPINION regarding this is that Robert is able to do these off-the-wall side projects because of his notoriety related to his association with Led Zeppelin.

I think the "self-indulgent" part of what Robert does are these projects that may not necessarily be commercially viable were it not for Robert's willingness to lean back (ever so lightly in some cases) on his Zeppelin pedigree. Robert is able to do things HE WANTS to do because of his prior association and success with Led Zeppelin. Having watched the RP/AK Crossroads show, the highlights for me were the reworking of the Zeppelin tunes... not necessarily Robert and/or Alison's take on the obscure roots pieces chosen for the album.

I would imagine that performing Zeppelin tunes over and over again must be tiresome and boring for him, but I don't necessarily think avoiding Zeppelin like the plague is the answer. Let's hope that he is willing to find a comfortable middle ground that will satisfy both his creative needs and our wishes as Zeppelin/Robert Plant fans.

I would just wait a bit Robert has said no before and then boom there he is.Most did not believe the 02 show would ever happen,Live Aid,Atlantic's 40th they did and this may yet happen.Robert does not like to be pressed into things as the press tend to do we will see.Zep is also a secretive operation and if they did plan a tour would they tell the media until they are good and ready doubtful.One way or the other it will be okay we have our memories and a few videos

I dont know Robert either i have met him a few times have had a few short conversations every time he was verry nice to me .Of course i never asked him about a Zep reunion as i know its a touchy subject.But i would bet and mind you i dont know and i am not speaking for him .Ijust honestly believe he would not like all the bickering that seems to take over most of the post on the forum.We are talking about a band 4 guys that all put on thier pants one leg at a time well i hope so anyway.They are without a doubt the greatest band to ever roam this planet but a band none the less not Gods .So for the love of Christ or whatever higher power you may have please quit bickering and spread your knowledge and tell your stories and be happy.Someone told me it takes less energy to smile than to frown. Save your energy there's a world wide shortage. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I dont know Robert either i have met him a few times have had a few short conversations every time he was verry nice to me .Of course i never asked him about a Zep reunion as i know its a touchy subject.But i would bet and mind you i dont know and i am not speaking for him .Ijust honestly believe he would not like all the bickering that seems to take over most of the post on the forum.We are talking about a band 4 guys that all put on thier pants one leg at a time well i hope so anyway.They are without a doubt the greatest band to ever roam this planet but a band none the less not Gods .So for the love of Christ or whatever higher power you may have please quit bickering and spread your knowledge and tell your stories and be happy.Someone told me it takes less energy to smile than to frown. Save your energy there's a world wide shortage. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I would not either; he's too sensitive to discuss such a difficult topic. Neither would I bring up the topic of David Coverdale; it's more than he can handle. Best to let his babysitters take care of him for a while. I would leave the job of conversation with Robert Plant to those who kiss his butt just right and that is not me; though I must admit he has a cute and kissable butt.

Thank you for the positive focus,unfortunately there are posters all over the board who constantly want to coment after others just to create negitivity and there are ones that don`t understand something & coment any way (usually twisting it into something else) ,and then there are some (sad fact) who are suffering from low self esteem and come and attack others out of their fear&ignorance,back to the Topic---I am glad Robert enjoyed performing with the other members of Led Zeppelin ,it would be great if he chooses to experience some more of that positive High energy Enjoyment-----More Led for One & All !

Tennent's is good stuff. Never tried the Tennent's Super though - it's hard enough finding the regular lager.

Don't worry FireOpal, you're not missing much.

Tennent's Super......bleeaaugh!

I'm sorry, sunshinebaby, but how do you know he's respectful? Most of his posts are completely incomprehensible, and convey nothing to anybody. That's why I suggest they should be deleted, not because I disagree with their content (what content?) or his right to post.

I'm sorry, sunshinebaby, but how do you know he's respectful? Most of his posts are completely incomprehensible, and convey nothing to anybody. That's why I suggest they should be deleted, not because I disagree with their content (what content?) or his right to post.

I agree and it's interesting he quotes himself in a post about tolerance but his ramblings about nothing are always done in these multicolored large fonts which I find aggressive. No one's words are better or worse and need to be done that way.

I hope you don't hold any grudges over the thread where i teased you. It was all in good fun. ONE....

Hey People: Stop insulting lajoie every time he posts! He is very respectful despite all the mean replies. Take a lesson and learn some "tolerance".

Hey Sunshine baby,It`s Kool to play. As for Intellectuals ,theres psuedo & authentic,the authenic are refreshing(comprehension levels are evident)They know who they are. Have a Lovely! -lajoie

lajoie is one of more the famous trolls here.

His three personas that are known.

1. ledzeprolls

2.shadowstallerthansous (banned)

3. lajoie

I thought he was related to Eternal Light who also types in large, colored fonts as though her words were thought to be more important :rolleyes:

lajoie is one of more famous trolls here.

His three personas that are known

1. ledzeprolls

2.shadowstallerthansould (banned)

3. lajoie

That is entirely false I don`t know you, This Is the only name I`ve ever used---Your post is trolling.Interesting you just registared on the forum,perhaps you have A nother screen name on here already.

Archived