Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
kidmoon

Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo

What's Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo?  

367 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo?

• Since I've Been Loving You
    • Black Dog
    • How Many More Times
    • The Lemon Song
    • Immigrant Song (HTWWW version)
    • Stairway To Heaven
    • Fool In The Rain
    • In The Evening
    • No Quarter
    • Heartbreaker
    • Whole Lotta Love
    • Other

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Ten Years Gone, In The Light, Your Time Is Gonna Come, Thank You, Tangerine, Going To California, I'm Gonna Crawl, In The Evening, Communication Breakdown, The Song Remains The Same, The Ocean, Over The Hills and Far Away, The Rain Song, The Lemon Song, The Rover, Custard Pie, Bron-Yr-Aur, In My Time of Dying, The Battle of EVermore, Wearing and Tearing...

stairway solo only because it fits the essence of the tune more than any other song .. there was someone who said that the solo might not be great if it wasnt the solo in stairway.. if it was in another song it wouldnt be the most famous solo ever.. i dont agree witht that assessment but you can see my point.. page's solos always captured the essence of what the piece was meant to present and trigger your emotions.. he always achieved that imop but stairway does more than any other..

"For Your Life"... That first note!... Jimmy is playing for his life, struggling beetwen good and evil with his demons, stretching, and stretching, and stretching all these obvious notes as if he doesn't want to play them but ultimately he has to - there are no others - and finally ends up with a plain "don't give a damn".

what about Bron-Yr-Aur ?????????

Does that count as a solo???? Debated, I am sure. But you can not knock the reflective masterpiece with all its perfection and imperfections left in tact. That song/solo takes you on a journey

B)

Edited by Ethereal72

Besides the riffing in "The Rover",

I give a shout out to:

NFBM

and

For Your Life

----------------

On another plane is, of course:

Heartbreaker

SIBLY

D&C

Edited by The Rover

Tough one; solo to the studio version of "Since I've been Loving You", (like the beginning to SIBLY from TSRTS.......and TSRTS's version to "Stairway to Heaven".

I forget to say "TSRTS", the live version, of course !!!!!!!!

I had to vote other, just because I couldn't find "Ten Years Gone" on the list. While not as dynamic as "Since I've Been Loving You", it is still a fantastic guitar solo. He really makes his instrument talk in that one.

Thank God SIBLY is beating Stairway. Sometimes I wonder if people drool over that song because they're supposed to. <_<

In any event, I chose SIBLY. I'm more of a fan of his blues-driven solos than the more rock-driven ones.

Hmmmm? Lemme see...where do I begin? I do love all sides of Led Zeppelin. But I have to say my favorite facet is their acoustic side.

My favorites Page solos today (it changes, depending on my mood) are:

Other: Live Earls Court Version of Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Other: Live "Rain Song" from "No Quarter" DVD

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

Poor Tom

[electric guitar work] I'm Gonna Crawl (yes, I agree--very evocative)

Good times Bad times- The whriling solo is awesome

Communication Breakdown- That solo will make your brain explode :nuke:

Thank you- That's Beautiful

Since i've been lovin you- Same as the above

My favorite Page Guitar Solo is the 'Stairway to Heaven' version on the Led Zeppelin DVD

It certainly beats HTWWW and TSRTS versions, I think that during that solo, Jimmy Page shows his finest moment.

I voted other, and i cant just pick one, so some of my favorites are Achilles Last Stand, Tea For One, and Ten Years Gone

I voted other, and i cant just pick one, so some of my favorites are Achilles Last Stand, Tea For One, and Ten Years Gone

Oh I forgot all 3 of the solos from The Song Remains The Same...One of my favorite songs

I voted Stairway, but there are so many other solos.I like the one in Ten Years Gone,I'm gonna Crawl,Since I've been Lovin you.