The Man Thread

Dzldoc

Hey, it's all work and all important. Doesn't matter who's up on the ladder or on the nice, SAFE floor. It all helps. :)

Since I was about 8 I always had to help my dad do the painting. You might say I'm pretty good at it by now. :lol:

Yes, the nice, safe floor...I like it down there. I'm a coward, and I don't even like getting on the stepladder. :lol: I will, though, if I have to. And I'll hold the big ladder if dad needs me too, so it doesn't fall over. Because that would really be bad. :(

I only started over the summer, but I'm a very fast learner so it didn't take me long to get fairly good at it. Dad was so impressed the first time that he paid me double what he was going to originally just because I caught on so quickly. :lol: The things I have the most problem with is cutting the tape so that it doesn't peel the paint off with it, and not dribbling paint on the floor. :shame: :lol:

Yes, the nice, safe floor...I like it down there. I'm a coward, and I don't even like getting on the stepladder. :lol: I will, though, if I have to. And I'll hold the big ladder if dad needs me too, so it doesn't fall over. Because that would really be bad. :(

I only started over the summer, but I'm a very fast learner so it didn't take me long to get fairly good at it. Dad was so impressed the first time that he paid me double what he was going to originally just because I caught on so quickly. :lol: The things I have the most problem with is cutting the tape so that it doesn't peel the paint off with it, and not dribbling paint on the floor. :shame: :lol:

I always get those cheap plastic sheets you put on the floor and then tape the edges to the baseboards. You can dribble all you want then. ;)

Ahhh yes. I played a lot of "holding the ladder" when I was a kid. Like some 8 year old can stop a fully grown man from falling... :rolleyes::lol: But it was a nice false sense of security I guess. :P

I always get those cheap plastic sheets you put on the floor and then tape the edges to the baseboards. You can dribble all you want then. ;)

Ahhh yes. I played a lot of "holding the ladder" when I was a kid. Like some 8 year old can stop a fully grown man from falling... :rolleyes::lol: But it was a nice false sense of security I guess. :P

:lol: Yeah, we use those, but I still don't like dribbling. And it is better to hold the ladder just in case, especially when it's really high up.

:lol: Yeah, we use those, but I still don't like dribbling. And it is better to hold the ladder just in case, especially when it's really high up.

Geez, I haven't talked this much about painting.....well, ever! :lol:

But hey, sometimes you learn stuff this way. And like I said, interior work isn't bad at all.

All in all I'd rather be fishing though. ;)

Just curious...do any of you guys do painting or construction work? Not painting pictures, but houses and stuff.

It was'nt a profession of mine but like Rock said I do my own work around my house.

Infact I re-built my house as it were. Took 18 months for the insurance co to pay up and another six months beyond that to get some of that Road Home money. Couldn't wait that long so I began the work with my own funds. Couldn't get a decent contractor for months because most of them were re-building their own homes and their friends and families. Too many shady out of town so called contractors taking peoples money. Contrary to popular belief yes I had federal flood insurance and they were the ones I had to fight, didn't have any wind damage accept for my fences.

Here's a pic of one of my sons room that I re built.

P8280005.jpg

P8280010.jpg

P8280012.jpg

It was'nt a profession of mine but like Rock said I do my own work around my house.

Infact I re-built my house as it were. Took 18 months for the insurance co to pay up and another six months beyond that to get some of that Road Home money. Couldn't wait that long so I began the work with my own funds. Couldn't get a decent contractor for months because most of them were re-building their own homes and their friends and families. Too many shady out of town so called contractors taking peoples money. Contrary to popular belief yes I had federal flood insurance and they were the ones I had to fight, didn't have any wind damage accept for my fences.

Here's a pic of one of my sons room that I re built.

P8280005.jpg

P8280010.jpg

P8280012.jpg

Nice!

It's back to the old saying. If you want it done right you've gotta do it yourself.

This is 8mm laminate flooring I used. Wasn't that hard to lay out. Just remember

measure twice,cut once lol :D

P8280007.jpg

Indeed!

I haven't installed flooring in my house other than lino, but I used to install that type of flooring in RV's. It's not really that difficult, but you have to take your time. AND USE THAT MEASURING TAPE!!

If you want paint that doesn't drip much go with behr used it on walls and ceilings virtually no drips and one coat does it. I rolled it on. Ofcourse I had the luxury of doing it over a bare slab. It costs more but well worth it. Plus Home Depot had a sale with a $25 rebate per 5gal so it worked out great. :D

Believe me when I say I'm not being insulting- it just seems so nice and simple! Beer, women, cars, hunting/fishing, home repairs (looks good, btw). Damn I wish us girls were that easily amused! (But not half as much as men wish that, I'll wager)! :D

Rock on, boys.

Believe me when I say I'm not being insulting- it just seems so nice and simple! Beer, women, cars, hunting/fishing, home repairs (looks good, btw). Damn I wish us girls were that easily amused! (But not half as much as men wish that, I'll wager)! :D

Rock on, boys.

Hey, at least I included my other half in this thread! That's her cooking the trout. ;)

And all those things (well, except for the hot chicks) can be enjoyed by women too.

Here Jethro, this should help. I think the blonde with the tight jeans and blue bikinni top is the hottest thing I've seen lately. But the other pictures are charming too.

It looks like they all wear thongs or nothing at all.

My favorite flip flops since John S.Kerry" Big Head Todd"

Rock on, boys.

Why thank you Suz stop by any time :D

dOL9Gw0d5PYDHqnvcOvwTP153YIC.gif

Doh! some of my pics are missing from this thread. Seems that when you delete pics from photobucket they disappear on the board.

:blush:

Just curious...do any of you guys do painting or construction work? Not painting pictures, but houses and stuff.

I've done so many odd jobs in my life before settling down to my current 25 year + one, it's not funny anymore!!! :). I've never really constructed anything but maintenance yaeh!! :)

Archived