Favorite Plantations

NickZepp

• 1 year later...

Houston 21 May 1977  "That was a blues-based thing from the turn of the century I guess originally.  This is something that comes from around the same time, with a little bit of Zeppelin too."  What an understatement.  In My Time of Dying had a "little bit of Zeppelin".

Just before that he said "and you'll see as the program takes shape".  Plant could be so low key even in front of huge crowds going nuts.  I don't know too many other frontmen who would say something like that in a low key way.  

On 6/7/2018 at 3:19 AM, tmtomh said:

I always liked the Bridge the Midget Plantation from the 1971 BBC show. Plus the "1-2-3 Mr. Bonham!" interlude in Osaka 929 when Bonham leaves the stage for awhile.

Me too! two of my favorite plantations. Also grew accustomed with the way he fills instrument swaps/tunings during BB Hill; "For those shouting obscenities, it's all gonna come"  or " What about growing a beard". Even during the first Dallas show in March 75 he manages to create a club atmosphere by punning Jones "He has been watching Liberace" and "Now, before this turning into a Gospell meeting (Bonzo; "Hallelujah')...". I could go on for ages

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much anything from 5-25-75....he was unstoppable that night. "If your brain hurts...see the man walking around selling hot brains." And of course at the end, "Charles Shaar-Murray, wherever you are (well-timed lick from Jimmy) keep taking the pills."

And, this from 2-12-75 after NQ: "John Paul Jones, piano. Jimmy Page, electric guitar. Raymond Thomas, Jimmy Page’s road manager. Ian Knight, in charge of the smoke machine that didn’t work. Peter Grant, our manager. Everybody!”

• 1 year later...

Landover 1975

Right, we said we were gonna include some new stuff. This is another one of those very 1975, is that what it is, 1975? This is a 1975 song. It's relative to the efficiency of the motor car, but in fact a motor car is relative to the efficiency of the human body, and the human body is relative to pleasure, and so this is called Trampled Underfoot.

• 1 month later...

I always really liked his intro of Bonzo before Moby Dick in one of the LA concerts in 75, where he introduces him as “Mr. Quaalude.”

Either that or after a botched Kashmir in 1980:

”If there’s anyone who’s bootlegging that, you might wanna scratch that number, because it wasn’t completely correct.”

Edited by rjherm93