How many LZ boot cd's are there?

ISIS

Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how many LZ Boot cd's are out there?

I know it would be impossible to collect them all, but who has the biggest collection?

I've got about 65 and I know that's only scratching the surface.

Are LZ the most bootlegged artist ever or do The Beatles or Dylan have more boot cd's?

Where's the infinity key on this keyboard? ;)

It's hard to tell. By boot cd's, are you referring to dates of shows, variations of those shows, compilations, etc? There are so many that pop up every day in various remastered incarnations (I'd even hesitate to even guess how many different CD versions of 4/27/69 San Francisco and 4/27/77 Cleveland there are alone).

It is interesting, though, that the two most bootlegged shows are from the same day in different years.

It's hard to tell. By boot cd's, are you referring to dates of shows, variations of those shows, compilations, etc? There are so many that pop up every day in various remastered incarnations (I'd even hesitate to even guess how many different CD versions of 4/27/69 San Francisco and 4/27/77 Cleveland there are alone).

It is interesting, though, that the two most bootlegged shows are from the same day in different years.

I meant total cd's including variations of some dates etc.

There must be thousands.

Some new shows are still being found.

At what rate are they still being released?

yeah, and here is some more food for thought: July 7,1968 "the very last Yardbird performance"...July 7,1980 the very last Led-Zeppelin performance.....spooky!

about the bootlegs.....there are roughly around 300 known recorded documents from the band. concerts/rehearsals/soundchecks/studio outtakes-most of the 300 being concerts..... all of these come with God knows how many different sources, and multiple remakes, and upgrades. the numbers go well into the thousands.

the best bet for you is to visit the Zeppelin boards and look, or ask for the best known source for every show ect. you want to get. it will save you alot of time and money (something that I didn't have the pleasure of having, or knowing when I was into collecting really heavy)...

Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how many LZ Boot cd's are out there?

I know it would be impossible to collect them all, but who has the biggest collection?

I've got about 65 and I know that's only scratching the surface.

Are LZ the most bootlegged artist ever or do The Beatles or Dylan have more boot cd's?

There are at least 1,000 "silver cd" Led Zeppelin bootleg releases in circulation and

countless cdr pressings and knock-offs.

CDs? Bit old fashioned! BitTorrent is the truly ethical way to go - by fans and for fans, no dirty money and the easiest and fastest way to get boots. Anyway, there are at least 250 circulating live concerts, and probably upwards of 300. At a vague guestimate there are over 500 individual recordings (different audience sources, soundboards) of these shows.

I still waiting for more boots, please seed. Bad part about the Bitorrent your not sure which CD you're getting. Listen to eddie has a bunch of knock off's that are of the show but may not be as good as the orignal. I did't expect Mike Millard master, but i aways heard that LTTE was great and it is behide in quality, IMO, to Badgeholders. If i ever find the actually cd or vinyl of show i know and like, i would buy in a Heartbeat.

IS IT REALLY BAD TO GET BOOTS FROM A SITE FOR FREE. As somone said on this board, they only get pissed if you make money off of it.

I still waiting for more boots, please seed. Bad part about the Bitorrent your not sure which CD you're getting. Listen to eddie has a bunch of knock off's that are of the show but may not be as good as the orignal. I did't expect Mike Millard master, but i aways heard that LTTE was great and it is behide in quality, IMO, to Badgeholders. If i ever find the actually cd or vinyl of show i know and like, i would buy in a Heartbeat.

IS IT REALLY BAD TO GET BOOTS FROM A SITE FOR FREE. As somone said on this board, they only get pissed if you make money off of it.

If you are on a reliable site w/ real collectors....you will get only the best versions of these shows. In fact, you'll be getting low generation recordings before they are even sold as bootlegs from Japan. Nowadays, the bootleggers who sell the silver cd's in the fancy package are oftentimes downloading these shows from the same sites. It's hard to follow that path though. They may get them indirectly. Either way, you .....and anybody else that wants them gets them for free....and that helps curb the amount that are sold/ordered via the net direct from merchants in Japan.

I was recently contacted concerning the discovery of 37-year-old audience master tape

from the 1971 Vancouver show and what could be done with it. Although the bootleg release "Pb" contains a portion of that concert, this new source contains the previously unheard 'I Can't Quit You Babe'. You best believe the owner and I have made made the necessary arrangements to ensure it'll circulate amongst traders first before any bloody bootleggers get their hands on it.

If you are on a reliable site w/ real collectors....you will get only the best versions of these shows. In fact, you'll be getting low generation recordings before they are even sold as bootlegs from Japan. Nowadays, the bootleggers who sell the silver cd's in the fancy package are oftentimes downloading these shows from the same sites. It's hard to follow that path though. They may get them indirectly. Either way, you .....and anybody else that wants them gets them for free....and that helps curb the amount that are sold/ordered via the net direct from merchants in Japan.

You are exactly right! The same thing is happening with Who bootlegs. The bootleggers are downloading

the shows from The Who's "LongLiveRock.org" bit torrent site and releasing them as silver discs using

the exact same titles. The lowest generation recordings are now being found through downloads first.

I at least try to be a completist, and I last counted 250 separate Zeppelin shows. This does not include outtakes, rarities, or any solo work.

If you count each individual release, easily in the thousands as suggested.

This link is about 9 years old now but it says then that there were over 384 seperate titles back then. In almost 10 years I bet there's more than that. With all the remastering going on it may be in the 1k range.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/422948.stm

I still waiting for more boots, please seed. Bad part about the Bitorrent your not sure which CD you're getting. Listen to eddie has a bunch of knock off's that are of the show but may not be as good as the orignal.

Never had that problem. When someone posts a show on dedicated live music sharing sites like Dime, TTD and Tapecity, it's necessary to make it clear the lineage of the source and also the boot label and title (or lack thereof). And with title comparison sites like Underground Uprising you can be sure to find out the quality of a particular release of a show before you even start downloading it.

I was recently contacted concerning the discovery of 37-year-old audience master tape

from the 1971 Vancouver show and what could be done with it. Although the bootleg release "Pb" contains a portion of that concert, this new source contains the previously unheard 'I Can't Quit You Babe'. You best believe the owner and I have made made the necessary arrangements to ensure it'll circulate amongst traders first before any bloody bootleggers get their hands on it.

CORRECTION TO MY ORIGINAL POST: From the 1970 Vancouver show

Never had that problem. When someone posts a show on dedicated live music sharing sites like Dime, TTD and Tapecity, it's necessary to make it clear the lineage of the source and also the boot label and title (or lack thereof). And with title comparison sites like Underground Uprising you can be sure to find out the quality of a particular release of a show before you even start downloading it.

Yes, i found those sites a couple days ago. They are good with that. My oringinal problem's was Badgeholders was alot cleaner recording then my LTTE. Also my info on bootlegs from sites and books, contradict each other. Manly because i got a book that says badgeholders was in fact the LTTE show( but it's an old book and i found out it was the 23rd) and i wasn't sure which Dallas 75 show i have. ( 4th not the 5th). I got it all cleared up. So if i find LTTE and even Badge on those sites, with a better source, ill re download. Thanks. I know bootlegs are a forbidden thing on this site, but I'm glad zeppelin allows it to happen on other sites. unlike the 300 others bands who ban it all together.

Archived