msg 9/19/70

percy07

Wasn't there, but the evening show is simply Zeppelin at its finest. If you don't already have this show, FIND IT! The Twenty-Flight Rock medley is one of the best live songs I've ever heard the band play. It's just out-of-control goodness from start to finish...Out On The Tiles was played...a ton of other goodies.

so why is this date so special?

As solar said, it was just one of Zep's finest ever performances. It was the last show of that summer into fall tour of '70....that also being one their finest ever string of shows.

They were powerful...young..and had so much sustained endurance a that stage in their career.

As solar said, it was just one of Zep's finest ever performances. It was the last show of that summer into fall tour of '70....that also being one their finest ever string of shows.

They were powerful...young..and had so much sustained endurance a that stage in their career.

no doubt! :D .......this was Led-Zeppelin's Bath Festival in America..... a very young band playing not one but TWO shows in America's finest, most important, and hardest to sell out concert venue this country has.

If I could go back in time to any Zeppelin moment, I would choose this night. five hours of Led-Zeppelin at it's best!

PM me if you have never heard the evening show......ok

All of '70 is easily my favorite period of the band's live performances, but this final show is a fitting swan song for that year. A complete assault from the start of the first show to the end of the second.

As for what was said about Hendrix, this from Dave Lewis's The Concert File (as my show isn't readily available at the moment)

Between Thank You and WIAWSNB in the afternoon show:

"I think it's really hard ever having to say something about something that's quite a delicate point. But yesterday something happened - Jimi Hendrix died, and we're all very sorry because he contributed a lot to the current music thing. And we'd like to just hope that everybody thinks it's a real shame. Jimi Hendrix."

And between Bring It On Home and That's The Way in the evening show:

"Before we go any further, yesterday a rather uncomfortable thing happened yesterday for everybody and a great loss for the music world. And we'd like to think that you, as well as us, are very sorry that Jimi Hendirx went. I spoke to a close friend of his about half an hour ago, and he said probably he would have preferred everybody to get on and have a good time rather than talk about it. So we'd like to get on and try to make everybody happy."

Gallows Pole also was within Communication Breakdown in this show.

All of '70 is easily my favorite period of the band's live performances, but this final show is a fitting swan song for that year. A complete assault from the start of the first show to the end of the second.

As for what was said about Hendrix, this from Dave Lewis's The Concert File (as my show isn't readily available at the moment)

Between Thank You and WIAWSNB in the afternoon show:

"I think it's really hard ever having to say something about something that's quite a delicate point. But yesterday something happened - Jimi Hendrix died, and we're all very sorry because he contributed a lot to the current music thing. And we'd like to just hope that everybody thinks it's a real shame. Jimi Hendrix."

And between Bring It On Home and That's The Way in the evening show:

"Before we go any further, yesterday a rather uncomfortable thing happened yesterday for everybody and a great loss for the music world. And we'd like to think that you, as well as us, are very sorry that Jimi Hendirx went. I spoke to a close friend of his about half an hour ago, and he said probably he would have preferred everybody to get on and have a good time rather than talk about it. So we'd like to get on and try to make everybody happy."

Gallows Pole also was within Communication Breakdown in this show.

Thanks for the info, Solar. Appreciate it. That must have really been a sad time for music fans.

Archived