WRISTBAND WEARER'S

So , who still wears the wristband ???

I've been wearing mine since the show , showering is an issue and the band itself is beginning to show signs of frailty.

If you still have yours on then perhaps we can all discuss some ideas on the subject.

Realizing it's just silly , I am fully intent on continuing my spirit from the show in sporting my wristband until it falls off naturally or another idea surfaces.

I've considered various ideas on preservation .

I thought it might be fitting to have a removal ceremony.

Wearing a rubber glove while showering is one way of helping.

Does anyone have a lamination theory ??

Maybe Dec. 10 / 2008 is the " removal date " ??

Should we take pics with a current newspaper for confirmation --- lol ??

If your's is removed , was there a story to it ??

Ya , it's ridiculous , but somehow keeping this last momento attached to me keeps the memories fresh and the time we shared a little more close to heart. Until the next show.

Wishfully spoken of course.

Peace

I took mine off as soon as I got home.

Partly because I wanted to put it into the photo album I keep all my gig tickets and stuff in as soon as possible to keep it safe (saves it getting ruined in the shower), and partly because I'd feel a bit silly wearing it all the time. Also it always annoys me when people wear wristbands from gigs for ages (no offence) because I always assume the wearer still has it on in a "look where I've been!" showy offy fashion.

I'd say just take it off. Put it in a safe place. It's better to be kept somewhere safe where it won't disintegrate rather than leaving it on for the sake of it and not being able to keep it forever.

I'd say just take it off. Put it in a safe place. It's better to be kept somewhere safe where it won't disintegrate rather than leaving it on for the sake of it and not being able to keep it forever.

I completely agree with Chicken.

That's what I did with mine.

I've been wearing mine since the show , showering is an issue and the band itself is beginning to show signs of frailty.

Crikey, that's dedication! I removed the wristband about 2 days later, when I got back to the U.S. It felt awful to officially "end" the experience, but what can you do... Now the wrist band is framed with the ticket stub.

I kept mine on for about a month. I had to cover the gold strip with clear tape to stop it scratching. Then I noticed all the edges were starting to curl up so I took it off.

Gonna wear it for 'special' occasions now only ;) Like future Plant gigs for example. :D

What I really want is to find some kind of clear plastic 'bangle' that it can fit inside, so it'll be protected but visible...

I took mine off the next day and now sits proudly next to my ticket, with a Zep o2 banner in apicture frame on my wall, where all my tickets go !!! :)

Fireopal that pic on your profile looks lie the photo i took at Headley Grange !!!

I took mine off the next day and now sits proudly next to my ticket, with a Zep o2 banner in apicture frame on my wall, where all my tickets go !!! :)

Fireopal that pic on your profile looks lie the photo i took at Headley Grange !!!

Yes, I "borrowed" it -- hate me now? :) I can get a different avatar if you'd rather. I just think it's such a cool pic.

I dont think the best ways to keep it intact is to wear it on your wrist lol and showing with it... thats even worse. I say cut it off while you still got the chance and laminate or album it.

You can still keep the spirit of things without the wristband. save it youll like it more with age.

I removed mine 2 days after the show.

I even managed to slice the rivet in half before removing without shattering it (they were quite brittle), and then reglued it. How sad is that! :rolleyes:

Get it tattooed on your wrist, then it will be there for life! ;)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Definitely the best response for me ---- lol .

It's ok , I already have the Swan Song logo tatooed on my body , but love the idea.

And GibsonGirl's idea with the velcro is the silver medal award. That deserves some serious consideration .

Thanks everyone for the input and opinions .

I started this topic for idea comparison's and exchange of stories on how we all handled our " Holy Grail " of collectibles.

I fully understand and respect the care you've all taken in preserving our cherished keepsake.

I can't fully explain why I am still wearing mine . Apart from the fact that I can and continue daily living with no impedance. My job allows for the continuation.

I was truthfully " hoping " for other's like me ---- ??? Where are you ???

I have tons of pics , a program , video's and a rehearsal pass to frame and look at , and I know that at some point the wristband will be a part of that collection . As yourselve's .

I believe there's a spiritual side for me .

I will keep mine on in faith that I will attend another Zepp show .

That's probably my deep rooted reason . Albeit wishful .

It's all about believing . I will hold the torch .

Peace and Rock n Roll

PS -- hopefully this is all taken with a comical perspective .

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Definitely the best response for me ---- lol .

It's ok , I already have the Swan Song logo tatooed on my body , but love the idea.

And GibsonGirl's idea with the velcro is the silver medal award. That deserves some serious consideration .

Thanks everyone for the input and opinions .

I started this topic for idea comparison's and exchange of stories on how we all handled our " Holy Grail " of collectibles.

I fully understand and respect the care you've all taken in preserving our cherished keepsake.

I can't fully explain why I am still wearing mine . Apart from the fact that I can and continue daily living with no impedance. My job allows for the continuation.

I was truthfully " hoping " for other's like me ---- ??? Where are you ???

I have tons of pics , a program , video's and a rehearsal pass to frame and look at , and I know that at some point the wristband will be a part of that collection . As yourselve's .

I believe there's a spiritual side for me .

I will keep mine on in faith that I will attend another Zepp show .

That's probably my deep rooted reason . Albeit wishful .

It's all about believing . I will hold the torch .

Peace and Rock n Roll

PS -- hopefully this is all taken with a comical perspective .

I think it's all in good fun!

I can relate to you loving and caring for your "treasures."

My Jimmy page and Robert Plant autographs can be looked at......but NEVER touched. Why does everyone always want to run their fingers over them? LOL!

I kept mine on for about a month. I had to cover the gold strip with clear tape to stop it scratching. Then I noticed all the edges were starting to curl up so I took it off.

Gonna wear it for 'special' occasions now only ;) Like future Plant gigs for example. :D

What I really want is to find some kind of clear plastic 'bangle' that it can fit inside, so it'll be protected but visible...

That stuff came off so easily, mine's all half scratched off too. Oh well. :(

I do actually think that tattoo idea is pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the velcro approach.. plus a small piece of sellotape over the gold "valid" hologram. I actually removed it when we got back to the hotel, it broke to the left of the main part.. so is really easy to fit a temporary fastener to. Wearing it now, looking at my ticket stub, still feeling unworthy!!!

• 1 month later...

Mine came off a few days after returning back home. It's with all the other stuff from the show.

I wanted to keep it on as long as possible but unfortunately it came off quickly.

I will keep it forever.

My vote is for the tattoo also!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAY 7 / 2008

Wristband is still intact and worn , unchanged and holding well.

Thought about taking a photo today with a current newspaper for authenticity.

It's still a dream experience .

I got my ticket from the internet on another Zepp site from a great guy I'd never met.

Flew to London from Canada .

Was first in line for tickets / got on the TV as so .

Saw the pre-concert Zepp rehearsal.

Met Jimmy Page , spoke to him and shook his hand after he had just played.

Watched the full Zepp show from front row , standing in front of JP's pedal board.

Filmed it all on my vid-cam .

Next day did 10 interviews on BBC TV and Radio.

Wake me up when it's all over.

It goes something like this .....

I Had A Dream

A Crazy Dream

Amen

• 3 weeks later...

It's over ----- the marathon wristband wearing has ended.

May 27 / 2008 @ 6:50 PM

It fell off today after being worn for 171 consecutive days.

The memories are still as vivid as the day it all began.

Amen

Archived