Tuning

Zeppelin0731

The obvious DGDGBD was used for Thats The Way,In My Time Of Dying and Black Country Woman.

DADF#AD I think was used on Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

DADGAD Kashmir and Black MountainSide

DADGBE Moby Dick and Going To California

That's all I can think of at the moment but I'll think of more later.

David.

The obvious DGDGBD was used for Thats The Way,In My Time Of Dying and Black Country Woman.

DADF#AD I think was used on Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

DADGAD Kashmir and Black MountainSide

DADGBE Moby Dick and Going To California

That's all I can think of at the moment but I'll think of more later.

David.

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp is in the open G you mentioned above. Also Dancing Days has some overdubs.

Going To California is actually DADGBD

Ten Years Gone is DADGBE

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp is in the open G you mentioned above. Also Dancing Days has some overdubs.

Going To California is actually DADGBD

Ten Years Gone is DADGBE

Did Page use OPEN G on stage only for Stomp,and DADF#AD (possibly a semitone lower)on the recorded version?

Agree with most of what Ive seen. But I always played the Rain Song in standard.

I too learned Rain Song in standard. Took me the better part of the summer of 79 to figure it out too, lol!

Anyway, hope this helps:

WS/BMS - DADGAD

Moby Dick - DADGBE

Friends - CACGCE

That's The Way - DGDGBD

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp - DGDGBD

Hat's Off - CGCGCE (CGCEGC ?)

Going to California - DADGBD

When the Levee Breaks - XXCFAC (CFCFAC ?)

Rain Song (studio) - DGCGCD

Rain Song (live) - EADADE

Dancing Days (live) - DGDGBD

In My Time Of Dying (studio)- EAEAC#E

In My Time Of Dying (live) - DGDGBD

Kashmir - DADGAD

Bron-Yr-Aur - CACGCE

Ten Years Gone - DADGBE

Black Country Woman - DGDGBD

Poor Tom - CACGCE

Midnight Moonlight - DADGAD

Jennings Farm Blues - EFCFAE ?

Travelling Riverside Blues - DGDGBD

Wonderful One (Double neck) -

- 6 string - F#F#C#F#C#F# (GGDGDG)

- 12 string - Standard tuning capo 1

City Don't Cry - EAEAC#E

Wah Wah - AEAEEA

No Quarter (on the "Unledded" Album) - DADGAD

Nice post Ev. You must have decided its safe to come out? this board has been on fire. It seems this is the eye of the storm.

Hopefully not the eye, but rather the calm that follows. I'll continue to post in the threads about Jimmy's gear, and music-related stuff in general, but I'm still a bit gun shy about going back to how I used to be, posting everywhere. It seems like in many threads, like post-reunion stuff, when I've posted the true facts they go ignored and the new crowd would rather continue posting inane speculation. Why post if no one cares to hear what I have to say? That's no reflection on the board per se, but rather how its new membership seems to want things. But I have been taking a dip here and there, and so far so good. :beer:

Hopefully not the eye, but rather the calm that follows. I'll continue to post in the threads about Jimmy's gear, and music-related stuff in general, but I'm still a bit gun shy about going back to how I used to be, posting everywhere. It seems like in many threads, like post-reunion stuff, when I've posted the true facts they go ignored and the new crowd would rather continue posting inane speculation. Why post if no one cares to hear what I have to say? That's no reflection on the board per se, but rather how its new membership seems to want things. But I have been taking a dip here and there, and so far so good. :beer:

So true. I noticed that some of the people from the old Electric Magic site didnt come back, and that some topics don't even get any attention. I think that you probably know the most about Zep that is interesting. Dont let the newcomers get under your skin, cause they will likely stop visiting in another few months. I guess the hype is just too much, especially with the reunion, and the supposed tour.

BTW, since you brought up gear, Jimmy's picks were Herco (right?) can you still buy them anywhere? Someone told me that they were a brand of Dunlop.

BTW, since you brought up gear, Jimmy's picks were Herco (right?) can you still buy them anywhere? Someone told me that they were a brand of Dunlop.

Yes, HercoFlex .73mm. (some say .75, but I've never used them). Yes, they are made by Dunlop (now). I've always sworn by Dunlop Tortex .88mm. Not too thick, but nice and stiff, and they grip well. Of course, I file them to a sharp point for better control. :beer:

Archived