"A New Earth"

allthekingshorses

So has anyone else out there read the book by Eckhart Tolle, "A New Earth"? I am really into this book right now. When they say it will change the way you think, they aren't kidding.

The webcast was tonight, it started out great but it went down about 20 minutes into it. Was anyone else trying to watch tonight?

"The One Thing”

by Eckhart Tolle

In the Gospel story of Mary and Martha, Jesus says to Martha, “You are anxious and troubled about many things, but only one thing is needful.” (Luke 10:41)

As I was writing A New Earth, people would sometimes ask me, “What is the new book about?” And invariably, my answer would be, “I only ever write or speak about one thing.” What is that one thing? Spiritual awakening. Can a person be awakened spiritually by a book? Yes, if three conditions are met:

Firstly, there must be a readiness on the part of the reader, an openness, a receptivity to spiritual truth, which is to say, a readiness to awaken. For the first time in history of humanity, large numbers of people have reached that point of readiness, which explains why millions have responded so deeply to The Power of Now.

Secondly, the text must have transformative power. This means the words must have come out of the awakened consciousness rather than the accumulated knowledge of a person’s mind. Only then will a text be charged with that power, a power that goes far beyond the informational value of the words. That is why such a book can be read again and again and lose none of its aliveness.

Thirdly, the terminology used needs to be as neutral as possible so that it transcends the confines of any one culture, religion, or spiritual tradition. Only then will it be accessible to a broad range of readers world-wide, regardless of cultural background.

All these conditions were met in The Power of Now, which is why the book has had such an impact on the collective consciousness.

I have'nt read the book but this article piqued my interest. I have read many books on spirituality and don't feel like I need a spiritual primer myself but if it awakens other people then I'm all for it. I've always felt that it is important to nurture the spiritual as well as the physical and mental. Also, it is difficult to find people who enjoy discussing spirituality.

Archived