What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

4 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

I have all the AHS srasons up to Hotel.  Murder House, in my opinion, is the beat of them.  Connie Britton is a great actress and a beautiful woman.  

The new season is pulling from seasons 1 & 3, so I’m reviewing - but yeah season 1 is awesome. We own it as well. New season begins sept 12 I believe.

edit: we’re watching it on Netflix with a 4K tv and it’s much better than our blue ray disks.  Amazing clarity and depth.

Edited by Walter

29 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

I have all the AHS srasons up to Hotel.  Murder House, in my opinion, is the beat of them.  Connie Britton is a great actress and a beautiful woman.  

So far my favorites are seasons 2 (Asylum), 3 (Coven), and 5 (Hotel). Season 6 was utter rubbish IMO. Have yet to see season 7 however I have read the synopsis and it sounds boring. Thoughts?

15 minutes ago, IpMan said:

So far my favorites are seasons 2 (Asylum), 3 (Coven), and 5 (Hotel). Season 6 was utter rubbish IMO. Have yet to see season 7 however I have read the synopsis and it sounds boring. Thoughts?

I haven't seen any of season 6 (is it Roanoke?).  And I know nothing about season 7, not even the season name

By the way; Lily Rabe is a great actress and also a beautiful woman.  

11 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I haven't seen any of season 6 (is it Roanoke?).  And I know nothing about season 7, not even the season name

By the way; Lily Rabe is a great actress and also a beautiful woman.  

Season 6 is Roanoke and is filmed as some sort of reality show BS. It really sucked, reminded me of Blair Witch Project 2. Season 7 is called Cult and for some harebrained reason is all about the 2016 election and Trump in particular. Everyone on this board knows how I feel about this issue but come on, did they really have to go there? Now to be fair I have not seen it so it may surprise me however I doubt it. The new Season 8 is called Apocalypse and is a crossover of seasons 1 & 3 and sounds like it will be a return to form and the best season since Hotel (Season 5). 

Yes, Lily Rabe as a great actress and very pleasant on the eyes. I would love to take her out for a lovely dinner.

4 hours ago, IpMan said:

Season 6 is Roanoke and is filmed as some sort of reality show BS. It really sucked, reminded me of Blair Witch Project 2. Season 7 is called Cult and for some harebrained reason is all about the 2016 election and Trump in particular. Everyone on this board knows how I feel about this issue but come on, did they really have to go there? Now to be fair I have not seen it so it may surprise me however I doubt it. The new Season 8 is called Apocalypse and is a crossover of seasons 1 & 3 and sounds like it will be a return to form and the best season since Hotel (Season 5). 

Yes, Lily Rabe as a great actress and very pleasant on the eyes. I would love to take her out for a lovely dinner.

“Cult” was about the election to start with, but went into a sort of Charles Mansion philosophy direction of an attempt at provoking a social war based on acts of violence and also the use of misinformation to confuse people into thinking right is wrong, etc.  It wasn’t my favorite season that’s for sure. I like Roanoke even less - my least favorite season of all. You’re correct about the new season. Starts Sept 12 and much of the cast is from the original 4 seasons. Jessica Lange is returning reprising her role from season 1.  

Edited by Walter

On 8/29/2018 at 11:44 PM, Stryder1978 said:

...halfway through Season 1 of "Masterchef Australia - Season 1".  SOOOOO much better than the American version of the show!

Really? I  never watched it.

I can't find anything good on TV sunce Twin Peaks finished.

We watch documentaries and thd like on you tube

15 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Really? I  never watched it.

I can't find anything good on TV sunce Twin Peaks finished.

We watch documentaries and thd like on you tube

Technically, it's a reality show (which I despise), but in between the competition they have professional chefs teaching you exotic recipes.  So it's the best of both worlds!

• 2 weeks later...

10 september 2018  -  I have watch all movies of Ingrid Bergman except her first movies "Landskamp (1932)".  Unavailable on amazon & other platforms... no streaming ...  even if she was uncredited; it's sad to know her first apparition is unavailable.  My favorite actress with Marlene Dietrich .

The number 1, the greatest.

Edited by Remi

American Horror Story: Apocalypse

Only one show in and thus far it sucks big hairy balls. I will give it two more episodes due to the excellence of the cast and then I am out. Every season post-Hotel has been abysmal.

On 9/16/2018 at 12:35 AM, IpMan said:

American Horror Story: Apocalypse

Only one show in and thus far it sucks big hairy balls. I will give it two more episodes due to the excellence of the cast and then I am out. Every season post-Hotel has been abysmal.

Didn’t think it sucked. But I agree with your last two seasons assessment.