JIMMY PAGE w/The Yardbirds Fri, August 12th 1966

SteveAJones

Yardbirds '66 Photo Gallery:

http://www.q95.com/cc-common/gallery/

The set of 21 color photos in the gallery were taken on Fri, August 12th 1966 at the Indiana Beach Ballroom in Monticello, IN. This was Jimmy's eighth concert performance

in the United States and they performed two separate shows (sets) before moving on to play the Cold Spring Resort in Terre Haute, IN that night.

Jimmy appears in photos 6-7, 9, 11-13, 18-19 & 21 with photo 13 being the best of the assortment. He was the bassist with Jeff Beck as the lead guitarist.

They returned to IN to play the Indiana State University - Memorial Field House in Terre Haute on November 9th 1966.

I would very much appreciate any additional photos or newpaper ads/reviews which can

be found.

Kind Regards,

Steve A. Jones

Thanks! :yay: It worked already! again, thanks for posting the link :thumbsup: I'm sure Jimmy Page was a great bassist back then :rolleyes:

There is a video of the Yardbirds playing Train Kept A Rolling with Jimmy on bass in France out there, search for it on youtube, but don't post link because then they get removed..

There is a video of the Yardbirds playing Train Kept A Rolling with Jimmy on bass in France out there, search for it on youtube, but don't post link because then they get removed..

Yes thanks I just saw that already when I was viewing a Japanese Interview on Jimmy Page! But thanks anyway :rolleyes:

There is a video of the Yardbirds playing Train Kept A Rolling with Jimmy on bass in France out there

June 27 1966 Provins, France Provins Castle

The Yardbirds, Simon & Garfunkel and the Small Faces recording for Michelle Arnaud's 'Music Hall de France' television program…'Train Kept A Rollin'

July 27 1966

The Yardbirds perform 'Rack My Mind' on Rolf Harris' 'Hey Presto - It's Rolf!' television programme

August 22 1966

Unconfirmed performance for Dick Clark's 'Where The Action Is' television broadcast

as reported in the 'New Musical Express' (Jul 22 1966)

October 24,25 or 26 1966

Filmed lip-syncing to 'Happenings…' for 'The Milton Berle Show' telecast which was to air 11 Nov 1966 but aired 2 Dec 66

December 20 1966

Filming for the last program of 'Ready, Steady, Go!" retitled 'Ready, Steady, Goes!' airing on 23 Dec 66

March 8 1967 France

Filming of 'Little Games' for 'Tete de Bois' (meaning Wooden Head) telecast

March 15 1967 Stadthalle Offenbach, Germany

Filming of 'Shapes of Things', 'Happenings Ten Years Time Ago', 'Over Under Sideways Down' and 'I'm A Man' for 'Beat Beat Beat' telecast

March 9 1968 Assas Faculty of Law Paris, France

The Yardbirds perform 'The Train…', 'Dazed…' and 'Goodnight…' on 'Bouton Rouge' (meaning Red Button) telecast

October 24,25 or 26 1966

Filmed lip-syncing to 'Happenings…' for 'The Milton Berle Show' telecast which was to air 11 Nov 1966 but aired 2 Dec 66

I would have loved to see this- "Happenings..." is one of my favorite Yardbirds songs!

Since we're discussing Jimmy & The Yardbirds- I was listening to "Glimpses" from Little Games today and was wondering if that's a sitar Jimmy's playing on it or is it just a guitar tuned to sound like one ?(sorry to all the guitarists if this is a stupid question)

I would have loved to see this- "Happenings..." is one of my favorite Yardbirds songs!

Since we're discussing Jimmy & The Yardbirds- I was listening to "Glimpses" from Little Games today and was wondering if that's a sitar Jimmy's playing on it or is it just a guitar tuned to sound like one ?(sorry to all the guitarists if this is a stupid question)

I believe rileymaher has answered your inquiry. I can add only that I have most if not

all of the Little Games album session recordings and I will go through them to see if

the alternate takes or studio chatter reveals anything further to what riley said.

I believe rileymaher has answered your inquiry. I can add only that I have most if not

all of the Little Games album session recordings and I will go through them to see if

the alternate takes or studio chatter reveals anything further to what riley said.

Thanks Steve- is that the "Little Games Sessions & More" (EMI Legends of Rock & Roll Series) cd you're talking about, or is there another cd of Little Games sessions out there?

Just a note to mention a segment from 'The Milton Berle Show' telecast on Dec 2, 1966 does appear in Rhino Home Video's 1992 VHS release 'The Yardbirds', which is a music

and interview retrospective. I seem to recall Jimmy and Peter Grant interviews are also

included.

ohh does anyone have acess to that footage?!

the only beck+page footage i've seen is from blow up (stroll on) and them doing happenings on a weird tv show. (both lead guitar) and the one from france where page is on bass and beck on guitar.

Just a note to mention a segment from 'The Milton Berle Show' telecast on Dec 2, 1966 does appear in Rhino Home Video's 1992 VHS release 'The Yardbirds', which is a music

and interview retrospective. I seem to recall Jimmy and Peter Grant interviews are also

included.

Is Jimmy on bass on that one?

Archived