JIMMY PAGE w/The Yardbirds Fri, August 12th 1966

SteveAJones

ohh does anyone have acess to that footage?!

the only beck+page footage i've seen is from blow up (stroll on) and them doing happenings on a weird tv show. (both lead guitar) and the one from france where page is on bass and beck on guitar.

I have the original VHS release but it will be several weeks before it's within arms reach.

Same thing for the Beat Beat Beat German telecast. Anyway, the Milton Berle telecast is a lip-sync and there seems to be some clips from it on You Tube now.

Thanks Steve- is that the "Little Games Sessions & More" (EMI Legends of Rock & Roll Series) cd you're talking about, or is there another cd of Little Games sessions out there?

There is that release but I'm referring to 40 alternate takes, mixes and overdubs from December 1966-May 1967. I will PM you.

I saw this Yardbirds line up at the Royal Albert Hall in September 1966 supporting the Rolling Stones... I'm fairly sure that Jimmy Page played duel lead with Jeff Beck and not bass. Also on the bill were Ike and Tina Turner... the Stones were recorded for some of the tracks on the US album 'Got Live If You Want It'. Not sure if any tapes exist for the Yardbirds performance from that night but they were definitely on fire.

• 10 years later...

You posted this so long ago, hope you see this.  I might have been there too.  It was either that night, or the next night, the 13th.  We were on vacation at Lake James and my sister was going.  I was only 12 but already crazy about Jeff Beck so I had my mom make her take me.  I totally remember seeing the band and can picture the inside of the place.  I'm trying to open your pics and will figure it out.  Really hope you see this, here's a poster I found of that night. 

Yardbirds Poster Indiana Aug. 12.jpg

7 hours ago, leapyeargrl said:

You posted this so long ago, hope you see this.  I might have been there too.  It was either that night, or the next night, the 13th.  We were on vacation at Lake James and my sister was going.  I was only 12 but already crazy about Jeff Beck so I had my mom make her take me.  I totally remember seeing the band and can picture the inside of the place.  I'm trying to open your pics and will figure it out.  Really hope you see this, here's a poster I found of that night. 

On August 12, 1966 they performed two separate shows (sets) at Indiana Beach before moving on to play the Cold Spring Resort in Terre Haute, IN immediately afterward. The night of August 13th they performed all the way down in Amarillo, TX. The Yardbirds tours were often quite grueling with multiple shows on the same date and lengthy travel between shows. My original photo link seems to be no longer useful so I'll pull the photos out of my archive and repost them here in a few minutes.

57 minutes ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Dang - you could walk right up to the stage. How things would change only a few years later. 

Not to mention Jimmy delivered four concert length gigs in less than 48 hrs, exceeding in two days his performance output for the last 17 years.

Archived