did jimmy play piano?

blackbeauty21

Yes he did play piano, and he played very well. I have a boot of him playing piano in a beautiful 3 minute song I think he wrote.

Yippie, yahoo!! I knew my boy could play, good for him. I think if you have the music in you the rest comes easly.

I'm sure he can do anything musically he wants to. Does anyone know if he sings? I have never heard him and would like to hear his voice. If so what songs and where can i hear them. thanks You'll

He only does a bit of background vocals with Percy on the Whole Lotta Love chorus (only in live concerts, though), but to tell you the truth his voice sounds too soft. He can't be perfect in everything, can he? ;) The man is already blessed with loads of talent that we will forgive him this lack... :D

He only does a bit of background vocals with Percy on the Whole Lotta Love chorus (only in live concerts, though), but to tell you the truth his voice sounds too soft. He can't be perfect in everything, can he? ;) The man is already blessed with loads of talent that we will forgive him this lack... :D

I just saw the Tangerine video and they all sing on this one. I love this song! Yes JP does have a soft sexy voice. He is so private about his personal life. I would love to know more especially about his love life. Is he moving to L.A.? I heard something about that. Thanks for the info from down under. You'll come back now. That's Texas talk. ( I don't really talk like that I am from the midwest originally - Thank God!)

I would love to know more especially about his love life. IThanks for the info from down under.

His love life?... :D current or past?

The man is already taken! Happily married with a beautiful young Brazilian woman (lucky lady)and elated father of 2 or 3 small kids (not sure how many).

Past love life? Need to ask? :rolleyes: very, very busy love/sex life. The handsome man had a special thing for groupies and underage girls. One in particular with whom he had a brief relationship: she was only 14 while he was 28. Not bad, eh?

If you are really interested on spicy details of his love affairs with groupies get the "I am with band" book by Pamela DeBarres, or " Hammer of the Gods" by Stephen Davies. But, are these stories completely true?? Just read it for fun...

I'm sure he can do anything musically he wants to. Does anyone know if he sings? I have never heard him and would like to hear his voice. If so what songs and where can i hear them. thanks You'll

Actually, he did have song called "She Just Satisfies", which he sang (quite well, I might add). He also played harmonica, played all of the guitar/bass parts, everything except the drums.

Actually, he did have song called "She Just Satisfies", which he sang (quite well, I might add). He also played harmonica, played all of the guitar/bass parts, everything except the drums.

Did Jimmy have another solo song besides "She Just Satisfies"? Yesterday morning on XM Deep Tracks they played a song (it said Jimmy Page on the radio display) which sounded very 60s, definitely was his guitar sound & had vocals & harmonica too. I saw the title (pretty sure it was 2 words) on the display but by the time I got to work I had forgotten what it was (well it was only 6:30am & I was still half asleep :D ).

Maybe SteveAJones or Swandown knows what it is?

• 7 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

He did do a single by himself after The Yardbirds, the song i do remember is called 'She Just Satisfies' but I forget the name of the other one.

He did do a single by himself after The Yardbirds, the song i do remember is called 'She Just Satisfies' but I forget the name of the other one.

From what I've read, Page recorded "She Just Satisfies" in 1965; before he joined The Yardbirds.  I'm not surprised that Page can play keyboard.  From what I've read, some rock musicians compose their songs on a keyboard because it's easier than composing songs on a guitar.  Paul McCartney and Pete Townshend are two that come to mind.  Page may play keyboard well enough to work out melodies, chord structure and the like but not well enough to play on stage or in recording studio.

Archived