Alice in chains

Diana-loura

NOW WE'RE TALKING!!!!! :D

Alice In Chains is an awesome band. I've seen them live, and what a LOUD show they put on too. I've got every disc available and then some..

Layne Staley was a fantastic singer. His replacement William DuVall ain't Layne, but he sings the songs with passion in a manner respectful of Layne. If you get a chance to see a show, DO!

what alice in chains song do u like most?

:)

Let's see...this is gonna be fun! :D

Brother

Down In A Hole

No Excuses

Grind

Frogs (live Unplugged version)

I Can't Remember

Real Thing

Don't Follow

Nutshell

Right Turn

Queen Of The Rodeo :lol: "I ain't no queer, go fuck a steer"

Dam That River

Dirt

Would

Eh screw it. I love it ALL. :D

Anyone else have the "Music Bank" box set? Priceless.

Got Me Wrong is my favourite AIC song. It's so awsome how his voice blends perfect, tone-for-tone with Jerry's. And how he can raise his voice that high on the chorus is amazing, sends chills down my spine.

PS: Look for a certain live version of Man in the Box vid on YouTube, he has one of the highest pitches of voice ever recorded in that video. Really tears it up.

Edit: Here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ra-CFL7BkA

It's hard listening to modern music after hearing music like this.

Edited by Bonham

Alice in Chains is so underrated. I don't think they have been fully appreciated. The might be the most copied band in the last 15 years. There are so many of today's bands trying to sound like them. It is so blatant, it should be embarrassed to those bands.

But AIC is the kind of music that you listen to on a rainy day, when things aren't going well. It is very dark music. Very powerful.

There was always this sense that it was going to end, and end badly. A sense of impending doom.

Jerry Cantrell is simply amazing when it comes to writing. His singing is amazing as well. The rest of the band, Sean Kinney, Mike Inez, Layne Staley... A great fucking band.

If you don't have Boggy Depot or Degradation trip, pick them up. Very much worth it.

I have both. I have the 2 disc version of DT, which is the only way to go. Also have a few live shows, Jerry simply KILLS on those. He does a absolutely perfect "Brain Damage", I might add.

This is my Cantrell site:

Jerry Cantrell

Feel free to join in!

Have everything they released, including the music bank.. The Unplugged CD/DVD is something everyone must hear at least once in their life... In my opinion, the best MTV Unplugged show ever.

I've never seen the MTV unplugged episode but I did buy the album and I have to agree....it's one of the best acoustic cds I've heard in awhile. I put a bunch of songs from this unplugged on my ipod....:)

I've never seen the MTV unplugged episode but I did buy the album and I have to agree....it's one of the best acoustic cds I've heard in awhile. I put a bunch of songs from this unplugged on my ipod....:)

Get the DVD too! Not only do you get to SEE it, but you'll hear some onstage banter and even one false start that wasn't on the CD. Plus the sound quality is fantastic.

• 1 month later...

I've been in an "Alice-in-chains" mode all this week. It's been a while since I've listened to them in depth...sometimes you just gotta go back and look through some of those Cds you haven't listened to for years. You find things in the music you didn't hear the first time around. I've been listening to to the song 'Would?' and it gives me chills. Great band.