australian fans

slave to zep

Great, Reg!

The time is perfect too. I can see that they will be doing three hours like the ZEP used to.. :)

Well, we will keep in touch to arrange to meet there on May 25th.

You guys have already seen this band live from what I heard. For me it's the first time, so they'd better be good :D

Hey Deb,

My pollicy is "All care but no resonsibility." :o

Hey All,

A friend emailed me the other day and told me about the Aussie fans on this site.

I am the vocalist for the Zep Tribute Band 'ZEPPELIN LIVE' aka 'THE LED ZEPPELIN SHOW'.

Thanks for the interest. We are currently arranging gigs for the latter half of this year.

Unfortunately, RSL's and Pubs are the only viable alternative we have to showcase. Often these places are less than ideal for the fans and the band.

We have played at the Vanguard, The Brass Monkey and other nicer places. Truth be told, the odd thing about Led Zep is that those who are in the non performing part of the industry often have a real issue with Zep. It's a myth but, they are of the view that there is no one out there who really cares much for the music. As a consequence, Zep bands and the fans stay 'underground'. Ironic considering Led Zep is one of the most popular acts in rock history.

Whilst I don't wish to be seen to be soliciting, the best way to see us get away from the less than ideal venues is to contact the venues you'd like to see us in and tell them so. They will book us if enough people ask.

Anyway, hi all and great to be here.

I look forward to meeting you. Here and at the gigs.

Rock on

Grant V

The Led Zeppelin Show

Hey Dude,

Fancy seeing you here! ;)

Quotes Beach Boys song lyric "round,round get around I get around" :D ,seriously people this meet looks to be a ripper,I can't make this one,maybe later on this year.Grant,that's a great idea to canvass local venues so we can see you perform,It looks like Sydney would be the go !,and Welcome mate !!

Quotes Beach Boys song lyric "round,round get around I get around" :D ,seriously people this meet looks to be a ripper,I can't make this one,maybe later on this year.Grant,that's a great idea to canvass local venues so we can see you perform,It looks like Sydney would be the go !,and Welcome mate !!

Thanks mate. Look forward to posting and chatting with you all.

Hey all,

I am the vocalist for the Zep Tribute Band 'ZEPPELIN LIVE' aka 'THE LED ZEPPELIN SHOW'.

Rock on

Grant V

The Led Zeppelin Show

Hi Grant. Welcome to the LZ forum and nice meeting you!

See you on the night of the gig in Sydney.

:)

Funnily enough they are playing the Bowral hotel on the 30th which is my hometown so maybe I will get to see them twice. haha.

That's it, rub it in! :)

Nice part of the country, Bowral.

I might take the family for a drive down there for the weekend.

I know! I would way rather be with you lot at a gig than revising for a test or something! :D

And I forgot to say hi to Grant Ventura :wave:

I look forward to hearing about your gig and I hope you come a little further south one day :thumbsup:

Howdy Gibsongirl.

Nice to meet you.

G

Hey, let me ask all you guys a question...

A pair of sneakers, tied together, hanging off power lines...

Is that just an Australian thing or is it International?

Or is it just a Brisbane thing?

I had a friend over from India, and I was taking her around town, and she noticed sneakers and shoes dangling from power lines, and I said "yeah, I guarantee you that you will find at least one pair of shoes hanging from power lines in every suburb in Brisbane..."

And then it got me thinking, is it an Australia/Brisbane thing or International?

Then we started thinking about how you'd actually get the sneakers to dangle from the power line...and we've come to the conclusion that you tie the sneakers together first (obviously) then hold them out, stand underneath the power line, throw them up, then hope that as the shoes pass the power line, the laces are stopped by the power line, which causes the shoes to come together and cross over each other...

Archived