Current music recommendations

Matthew!

If I have one recommendation, it's DeWolff.

DeWolff is a dutch bluesrock/retro-rock trio (guitar/vocals, hammond organ and drums), for me they are proof that the rock music we all love is still very much alive.

Their music will remind you of Deep Purple, Allman Brothers Band and also a bit of Led Zep & The Doors.

I've seen them live quite a few times and these talented young rockers really put on a good show!

Check out their gig in Eindhoven, The Netherlands (from early 2014):

Enjoy,

Maaike

Couldn't get this link to work (on my mobile - no surprise!) so went for a wander in utube to hear some of their music. They are talented - like their bluesy feel. Prefer their simpler tracks without too much organ. Will keep an eye out for them touring here. Thanks Maaike

Couldn't get this link to work (on my mobile - no surprise!) so went for a wander in utube to hear some of their music. They are talented - like their bluesy feel. Prefer their simpler tracks without too much organ. Will keep an eye out for them touring here. Thanks Maaike

Sorry you couldn't open the youtube clip.......

Actually, they already have done s short tour of Australia, together with Wolfmother. Who knows, maybe they'll come back to Australia........

Their touring schedule is on their website: www.dewolff.nu

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you like them. Good music still is out there these days, but you really have to seek it out.

Maaike

Sorry you couldn't open the youtube clip.......

Actually, they already have done s short tour of Australia, together with Wolfmother. Who knows, maybe they'll come back to Australia........

Their touring schedule is on their website: www.dewolff.nu

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you like them. Good music still is out there these days, but you really have to seek it out.

Maaike

Meant to say that I thought their name sounded vaguely familiar - now I know where I've heard it - the Wolfmother tour promotions. Would have been a good combination & show overall. Sorry to have missed them. Will look out for future tours.

Another young guy I heard at Bluesfest last year was Matthew Curry - only about 18 but has a big voice & is a very talented blues guitarist. Think he will be even more awesome with a bit more life experience under his belt.

Primus - Primus & The Chocolate Factory

Oct. 21, 2014

ATO Records | primusville.com »

Original Primus members Les Claypool, Larry Lalonde and Tim Alexander are reunited in this tribute to the 1971 film "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory." The band will tour the United States this fall.

Full album now streaming!

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/arts/music/pressplay.html?artist=Primus&album=Primus%20amp%20The%20Chocolate%20Factory

Edited by Sathington Willoughby

Id like to go see original Primus once again. Theyre gonna be here the 15th of Nov. The ticket prices though... $60 nosebleed seats.

Anyways - Shakey Graves

Yea I've considered it too man. They'll probably play the new album in its entirety plus a set of Primus tunes, like they did at the New Years Eve show. I'll probably just listen to the boots though lol, save some dough.

BTW did you listen to the whole album? I think it exceeded my expectations, GREAT sounding record, lots of nice psychedelic touches. Sounds like Primus meets Frog Brigade, which is pretty much what it is lol.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

HIGHLY recommend Tame Impala. They're an Australian band whose third album is coming out this July. They're like Sgt. Peppers' and White Album with some psychedelic synths mixed in. It sounds like a psychedelic rock album straight outta 1968. Their singer sounds just like John Lennon, too, it's pretty shocking!

I just saw them on June 4th and they're absolutely unbelievable live. Their stuff is so catchy and atmospheric. One of my favorite bands, definitely check them out. Prepare for too many videos linked below :bubble:

^very Beatle-esque!

^ one of their new ones

Edited by lcondo123

• 2 weeks later...
I bought 'Sonic Praise', the debut album by Ecstatic Vision that came out this week.
Superb stuff, this track in particular blew my socks off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amdihpZcDms

That was cool at first, above post, but way too long and mechanical

This song made me think of how far zep took rock music with dazed and confused 1973...nobody can go further

Glenn Campbell, galveston, jools holland show 2009

• 4 weeks later...

Mastodon is a fine metal band, incorporating prog, psychedelia, and many other genres into their music. Also, though not very contemporary, those who like post rock and drone/avant garde type music should look into Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

• 3 weeks later...

Aaron Freeman, freeman

This one of the guys from the band, ween....my brothers are huge fans and frwded record today, its a very good record. Yes, the beatles influence is there, as well as more...but its first hand emotion and experience feeling, great stuff

• 2 months later...

Philm

great band, hybrid stuff like queens of the stone age and rage against the machine, it leans towards metal from what ive heard on yutub, but there is hard rock, acid, punk, mixed up in most songs. I am definitely buying this last record from them.