The Weird Neighbor Thread

jabe

My next door neighbors are pack rats extraordinaire.They consume every yardsale,every weekend ,within miles.They have collected so much shit,their house is full,their backyard is full,and last summer they bought a retired U-Haul,and filled it full of useless shit because they ran out of space to store useless shit they'll never need or use.

Their front yard is full of "yard art"(shit).

The young, up and coming professionals in my neighborhood have complained to the city,with minimal results.

These are both educated people and this makes no sense.

On weekends,when we see their car pull in to their cluttered driveway,my wife and I can only guess;more useless shit is invading our neighborhood.

I have one. She doesn't actually live through, she lives with her "sweetheart" in a town about an hour away. He isn't her boyfriend he's her "sweetheart". They're are also trees in our side of the yard that mom wants to cut down, but she loves them. The truth of the matter is the trees are ugly as sin and have taken over a wooden fence and need to get cut down. She never talks to us but if you saw her you'd understand. When she has she's nice, but she different.

My next door neighbors are pack rats extraordinaire.They consume every yardsale,every weekend ,within miles.They have collected so much shit,their house is full,their backyard is full,and last summer they bought a retired U-Haul,and filled it full of useless shit because they ran out of space to store useless shit they'll never need or use.

Their front yard is full of "yard art"(shit).

The young, up and coming professionals in my neighborhood have complained to the city,with minimal results.

These are both educated people and this makes no sense.

On weekends,when we see their car pull in to their cluttered driveway,my wife and I can only guess;more useless shit is invading our neighborhood.

Wait til they put in the swimming pool :lol:

redneck_swimming_pool_2.jpg

All our neighbors are retired, elderly people. It's very quiet around here. In the winter, you usually won't hear anyone out after 6 and in the summer, it's quiet around 8. But, that's pretty much the story of the whole town I live in! We did have some neighbors a few years ago that kept chickens under their deck. We live within city-limits so it's not allowed. They'd hide them when people would complain and the cops would come over. I believe the chickens were used for cock-fighting!

I have next door neighbours that are like the Flanders from the Simpson's. They are super relgious, spend most of Sunday at church, then go to church on week days for various things. When their kids were younger they weren't allowed to watch Disney movies because they were too violent and had magic in them. Their kids also go to christian schools that are run by their church. Then behind me through the woods live the white trash people- the same people who shot one of my cats. They have a load of money but they don't use it to fix up their house which is trashed and on the verge of falling down. They have parties all the time and other white trash people are always over there racing trucks, shooting and drinking. Then there was the farmer who use to live down the road until he closed himself in his barn with his tractor running and killed himself.

Yeah, there's a lot of weirdos that live by me.

the house next to me has had 3 or four different tenants. the last family that lived there let their kids play with firearms. bullets would graze by here . the people that live there now let their doberman run loose despite the fact that it caused a fatal car accident and serious injuries to another passenger. the guy bled to death on my lawn, it was horrendous. we've called animal control twice the familly of the deceased called as well. animal controll never showed up. the dog still runs loose.

Edited by zero

the house next to me has had 3 or four different tenants. the last family that lived there let their kids play with firearms. bullets would graze by here . the people that live there now let their doberman run loose despite the fact that it caused a fatal car accident and serious injuries to another passenger. the guy bled to death on my lawn, it was horrendous. we've called animal control twice the familly of the deceased called as well. animal controll never showed up. the dog still runs loose.

Wow. Thanks for the laughter. I really needed that. Seriously.

where the FUCK do you live, so I know where not to go to......

this post reminds of the Beavis and Butthead episode where they go and adopt this psycho dog from the pound, bring it outside to play fetch, and when they throw the stick, the dog just runs past it, far into the horizon...........never to be seen again.

My fucking neighbours are just that!! They are above me and when their not trying to make my life miserable their fucking, and she's a screamer!! In every room of their flat all the time. But when he leaves for work......yep you guessed it, someone else shows up and then their doing it the rest of the time. I don't know these people and don't want too. He looks like grizzly Adams and she looks like a trucker and talks like one too. What I don't understand is she's getting it all day long and I'm not getting it at all. Where's the justice in the world?

Edited by jimmy&mekissinginatree

Psst...I'm the weird neighbor! :shifty: The thing is, the rest of the neighborhood isn't exactly nut-free, so I'm more the rule than the exception. The only ones whose tires I want to slash are the people up the street with the four boys who come down and skateboard in front of my house. I wouldn't care that much if they weren't such absolute little shits. They give me dirty looks when I come out of my house, for pete's sake? What the hell have I ever done to you? In fact, I'm a lot nicer than their mom, who I can hear screaming at them from all the way up the street. That whole family has something seriously wrong with them, I swear. The rest of the neighborhood's pretty peaceful and quiet, though, so I can't complain. You can hear my next door neighbor cackle at the TV once in a while, but that's not so bad.

We have two rentals two and three houses down, but since I live on a street that's shaped like a cul-de-sac, I see their front yards all the time. Right now, one of the houses has about five people living in it, and a Dodge Dart on blocks and words spray-painted on it is in their driveway. I don't recognize any of the people who live there right now--and there's this old Toyota Camry (like a 1980) that comes over a lot---drug dealer? Maybe. Then the other house next to it--it's owned by the same people and there are about six people who live in this house--both houses are only three bedrooms. Anyway, the other house has a bunch of people who have lived there for close to a year now. While they're quiet, sometimes their friends park in front of our house and block the mailbox from the mailman or the trash cans from the garbage men.--which means they won't pick up the garbage or deliver the mail if they can't get to them. That irritates me. It's not MY fault you've got eight cars in your driveway, so there's no room for your friends. Why punish me becuase you're a dumbass? Have your friends park across the street, where there is 10-20 yards of open street--no driveways, no fronts of houses, etc.

The woman next door hasn't worked in about 7 years. Her hubby makes big bucks. No children. Neither of them lift a finger inside or outside the house. I come home from WORK for lunch every day and ran into her a couple of weeks ago. She started complaining to me about how "there aren't enough hours in the day". Yeah, there aren't enough hours to shop. I wanted to kick her. It put me in a weird mood for the rest of the day. She one of those people who NEVER listens and is always babbling on about HER life.

Edited by JethroTull

Has anyone seen the 90's British show, "Keeping Up Appearances?" In the 90's, I actually had a neighbor like that woman! Just like the show, her house and yard were spotlessly perfect, and she was constantly yelling at her husband to do things. Just like the show, he was quiet and beaten. She thought she was the queen of the neighborhood and never let you forget it. When I saw her I ran, or crossed to the other side of the street....just like the neighbors on the show! God, she was a pain in the ass.

What the fuck are you looking at? :watchingyou:

I'm looking at...

I'm looking at...

my neighbor's strange transportation...

outhouse%20bike.jpg

:hysterical::hysterical:

BTW--Dave was wonderfuly and nice enough to finally take down our Christmas lights yesterday.

Edited by manderlyh

• 9 years later...

I have a neighbor who goes out very late at night and walks down to the corner crosswalk and pushes the crossing button and comes back. He does at least 3 or 4 times at night and I can see him from my apartment window. He is about 50 years old and lives with his elderly aunt who has to be at least 80. Once he saw me looking at him out the window and he started acting like a golfer who misses a hole or somethng is the best way I can describe it. Like he was quietly yelling at himself. Then he started for the corner and came back without pushing the button but just stood next to the apartment building for at least 30 minutes and then went to the corner again. He really freaks me out and sometimes i feel like moving.

38 minutes ago, kipper said:

I have a neighbor who goes out very late at night and walks down to the corner crosswalk and pushes the crossing button and comes back. He does at least 3 or 4 times at night and I can see him from my apartment window. He is about 50 years old and lives with his elderly aunt who has to be at least 80. Once he saw me looking at him out the window and he started acting like a golfer who misses a hole or somethng is the best way I can describe it. Like he was quietly yelling at himself. Then he started for the corner and came back without pushing the button but just stood next to the apartment building for at least 30 minutes and then went to the corner again. He really freaks me out and sometimes i feel like moving.

We had a crosswalk signal in our old neighborhood (Diamond & Market Sts. in San Francisco) and I swear, all that thing had in it was a spring and no electrical connection. The signal drove drivers crazy as it would hardly ever change. I just jaywalked. The new ones here in town now talk.

My sister had a tweeker neighbor who was filthy all the time and worked on cars in his yard in mid winter at 3 AM. Best thing that ever happened was when they foreclosed on his sorry ass.

Our neighbours are really strange. But as the saying goes "opposites attract"

She is, well to put it politely stout. He is, to put it mildly slim.

He is super active. Up at 6 in the morning for his run and foraging for wood. On return he "shoes" said lump out of bed for her exercise of the day - the visit to the bathroom and the weight busting trip downstairs. He barely sleeps. I know this because I have heard him listening to some programme which is aimed at insomniacs. Something like the History Channel or a Coldplay concert. Before you ask we are attached upstairs in our guest room.

After feeding the gannet he does what any sane person would do - put the laundry outside to dry IN THE FUCKING RAIN !!! Oh yes folks. Never a dry day and he leaves it there for days until the line snaps and it ends up on the grass. All our other neighbours can check if it is going to rain by having a shufty in his garden. He then starts chopping his (damp) wood for his burner. We all basically have burners and for ease of mind and mental health we buy our wood ready seasoned and chopped. Not him. Oh no. His portly wife told me one day " It's a 24/7 operation getting the wood for the burner" to which I replied " 2 minutes on the phone does most people". After this he works his 12  hour day and comes home pale and almost dead but it's not finished for thinny. There's more feeding to do.

His partner does as little as possible. She works but that is about it for being vertical. She spends most weekends lying down and trying not to exert herself in case her weight drops below morbidly obese. A love affair with (diet ha!) coke and all things crispy, are clearly evident as in the rare moments of summer this is all you can hear from the garden. She drives but can't reverse park leading to much mirth as she generally parks 5 feet from the kerb - her back end sticks out so to speak !

The winter months are spent in the dark as they never open the curtains. From clocks change it's open or closed.

It was a reminder from a few years ago when they bought the house. Our old neighbour told us " nice people but very very weird"

Don't get me wrong we get on with them .They could be worse, much worse. They are friendly and don't have any children or dogs. He likes Prog rock but fatty told us " yes he likes Prog rock but we don't allow that in the house do we?"

1 hour ago, EaglesOfOneNest said:

Got a text once from my next door neighbor... "I have to borrow your bolt cutters, NOW!" 

Rather have that vs. "...um, I need to borrow some extra large glad bags, a few bottles of bleach and, by the way...do you by any chance own a chainsaw?"